Replies

• mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Awesome event, nice content. Good stuff! And oh yeah...no more wheel! :D
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    This event make you wanna spend donuts instead of forcing you, Got it?

You dont have to spend it but because you dont have to, I have a urge to spend for the building(s) and stuff...

With theWheel/Box ** you now you HAVE to if you want all and thats why you either do or quit the game out of frustration. Now its fun and you do it whitout thinking :mrgreen:

If it where constandly events like easter i whould proberly stop.

So wats better EA?

A guy give 500 donuts on 1 event and stop playing or give about 300 -350 donuts on almost each event and play always.

I speak only on my behavior 8) :wink:

So for me 4/5
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited June 2014
    4/5. Was missing land. This time last year we got a strip with Squidport - we are really sort on land.

I have 0 3D designs, I have numerous chain stores linked together, down to a single park, and several slightly spaced designs.

This is the first update I had to scrap a design. Perhaps more will follow when I get the Satan's anvil. I don't store buildings or prizes - everything has a space, while cramped.

I like that the event is evenly paced. You need to work for everything, and be committed daily, and you really can't get ahead unless you pay for it. I enjoy that friends have visit, there's unique daily tasks (the puzzles), I love there's no random chance for prizes. However after almost 2 years of playing and owning every building in the game (at least 1), and enough houses for a 5 star rating - now things are getting even more cramped as there's barely any space to add on to existing designs.
  • TapNDatSprngfld
    494 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    5 out of 5. This event imo runs a close second to Halloween. I'm not fond of the limit to emblems in friends towns but I don't think It'll be a problem in the long run.
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    For now, much as I love this event, I need to give it a 4/5 ...

I really don't like what is likely to happen to those who are not at the start of the alphabet. The emblems-earned for MAKING a visit should, in my opinion, be what makes the most points. At least I am in control of how many I choose to visit. RECEIVING a visit is outside my control, and there is very very very little incentive for players to visit past our 60. (A long shot chance at a free donut would appeal to few ... But really?)

Yeah, I know this alphabet mess is an issue with FP. But FP prizes are not limited time. So, while the FP system is also unfair, IMHO, that problem pales in comparison to this event. I don't like it. They should reverse the point system. Five emblems for every camera I tap in every friend's town. One emblem for every pyramid I clear in my own. (Five for the Stonecutters Lodge.

Just sayin'

A valid point Annette

I try to avoid the alphabet listings and prefer to go to the towns of my friends and neighboureenos on the forum first, once they have all been visited and there some emblems left to get, i pick and choose from the rest of my neighboureenos. That covers the alphabetical issue

The emblems earned from visiting neighboureenos and in my own town, i tend to agree with you, but i think EA are trying something new with this event. We can only wait and see how it pans out i think. If it is proving problematic for players, i'm sure EA will look into changing it back. I have to wonder if it's related to how quickly people were getting the FP prizes with 100 neighbours? Perhaps they are experimenting on a new method to make the event last a bit longer for players. I just don't know. be interesting to see how it pans out towards the end :)
    I tap 3 on forum regulars and my friends and family. Then go to neighbours that visit me often (normally start with ones that do everyday, depending how many emblems I can get afterwards. Then to the others. You get 3 every time, even if I just went through alphabetically.
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I voted 4/5. It doesn't seem too hard, or too easy. I'm sure I'll maybe just get all the prizes, especially as I have school 5 days a week, and enrichment days coming up (one day is to London for over a day, where I can't go on the game). Based on the table for how many emblems you should get each day (1250) to get all the personal prizes, I am 1250 above the day I'm on (I am on my second day, but have the amount for day 3). I should get all the prizes!

The premium items are cool as well, I've only just brought the All Seeing Eye. I might buy some more towards the end of the event.
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Nine9Nines wrote:
    This event is good, not great. Xmas 2012 still blows this event out of the water. I don't expect any future event to ever reach the bar set by that event.

Really, you believe that was the peak of TSTO? No future updates will compare or surpass it? To each their own, but that's a bold statement. ( X-mas 2012 was also the event that locked everyone out of the game for several days when we should have been collecting Santa coins.)

I believe the best is yet to come.
  • stevieort
    596 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I wish we had been given another strip of land. I've had to "tear down" a bunch of houses and cram together a bunch of businesses in order to make room for the new structures. LOVE the new buildings, just wish there was more land.

I also was thinking about the alphabetic order of my friends. Last night I was so tired that I stopped visiting just after maxing out my emblems. Going to have to be more diligent to help out my friends at the other end of the alphabet.

Having said all that... this is a really fun event! First time I've brought the old iPad into the office to take multiple TSTO breaks throughout the day. Life-ruiningly fun, indeed!

:-)
  • marpr91
    35 posts
    edited June 2014
    I do like this event but my favorite has to be the first Halloween event.
  • Lmac201
    217 posts
    edited June 2014
    I'm really liking this event, and glad that EA pulled out something special after the 'Great Easter Fiasco of 2014'.

It should be a 5/5 event, but I'm deducting a point because of the 'No 1's Tasks' glitch. This should have been ironed out before the release, and even then, the patch they released yesterday should have fixed it permanently.. We are missing out on what I suspect could be vital emblems for freemium members.

I would think that EA have factored these extra emblems into the total tally needed to complete the event without spending money on donuts, so with this opportunity missing, will it be possible for freemium players to finish the event on time?

But other than that, good one EA. Thank you. :)
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I think this is one of the best events in a long time. Reminds me of when I had the first major update ( the first Halloween one). It has even got some of my neighbors to redownload the game and start again. And I'm back to logging in every day and visiting neighbors. It's been awhile since I felt like doing that. Finally, no wheel or prize boxes to get. :thumbup:
  • HerrTriggerrz
    166 posts
    edited June 2014
    I'm committed to best event ever! Since I started up last year shortly after Krustyland expansion update .

It's well executed , and there is no randomness instilled to * people off , you do your tasks , you earn the currency and you know what you get starting out.

No SUPRISE You get a ugly shrub /fence /pond . Thanks for spending 20 hours on the game sucker! Try again !
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!