EA Forums - Banner

Long tasks for number 1

Replies

• juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Nilmade wrote:
    EDIT: Well it looks like Nilmade (with the awesome Sherlock avatar) has already proven what I hoped would happen ... That I do not need to STAY UP to clear that last task. Yay!!!
    I hope it works for you. If not, I'll feel terrible :?
    juliet603 wrote:
    Nilmade wrote:
    I couldn't see anything because of the glitch but I have six characters always free and they cover every group so it's easy to find what task should I do.

Which six do you leave free? I'm too lazy to figure it out so I've just been leaving everybody off tasks until someone goes on one, then I send the ones with the same times on their tasks all at once! Your idea sounds much better! :)
    Agnes, Comic Book Guy, Brockman, Quimby, Ralph and Rod (or Todd, it doesn't matter). So the groups are like this now:
    - Women: Agnes
    - Brainiac:Comic Book Guy
    - Entrepeneur: Comic Book Guy
    - Celebrity: Brockman
    - Civil servant: Quimby
    - Criminal: Quimby
    - Glutton: Comic Book Guy and Quimby
    - High roller: Brockman and Quimby
    - Dimwit: Ralph
    - Youngster: Ralph and Rod (or Todd)
    - Koo k: Ralph and Rod (or Todd)
    - Pessimist: Agnes and Comic Book Guy
    - Saint: Rod (or Todd)
    - Senior: Agnes and Brockman

I did the list for my mum. She still needs money for her town and can't leave everyone without doing anything so she asked me for it. I'm glad it may be useful for someone else.

Thanks! :D
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Maybe we should all just get all the prizes for nothing.. EA comes up with a different way to get prizes during this event.. A better way to earn prizes compared to last couple events.. and still people aren't completely happy.. I don't get it.. Oh well.. To each their own! BUT EA isn't just gonna hand over the prizes.. Of course some of the tasks will take a substantial amount of time..

:thumbup: :thumbup: :roll: :roll:

:? No one was complaining... We were just discussing whether or not completing them will be possible if they do longer tasks, as there are only so many hours in a day and most of us work and like to sleep at some point.
  • deadhero13
    69 posts
    edited June 2014
    I got the same run of tasks today too elian, 4,4,2,6hours. I'm going to have eight minutes remaining if I'm there as the tasks finish.... If I don't fall asleep!
  • Nilmade
    1028 posts
    edited June 2014
    Nilmade wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    Nilmade wrote:
    I couldn't see anything because of the glitch but I have six characters always free and they cover every group so it's easy to find what task should I do.

Which six do you leave free? I'm too lazy to figure it out so I've just been leaving everybody off tasks until someone goes on one, then I send the ones with the same times on their tasks all at once! Your idea sounds much better! :)

I only come up with five needed free:

Categories/character

Glutton, brainiac, entrepreneur, and pessimist (COMIC BOOK GUY)
    Civil servant, criminal and high roller (QUIMBY)
    Celebrity and dimwit (WOLFCASTLE)
    K o o k, saint and youngster (ROD)
    Woman and senior (AGNES)

Did I miss a category?

I see what happened ... I used Wolfcastle for the celebrity, which also covered dimwit, so I don't need Ralph.
    You are right. I didn't use Wolfcastle because he is at the end of the census (and I want her to find everyone fast) and she doesn't speak English so Ralph is easier for her to remember.

How sweet. Wish you were MY son. :)
    Daughter, don't let Sherlock mislead you :wink:
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Well, i waited up till midnight and when i logged in at 00:05 itvsuddenly changed ad i still had 2 hours left. If i had known that i wouldve set the 6 hour task. :roll:

Now i could not make the task twice in one day and i could not set them for the next days' tasks. :hunf:
  • jhojnacki248
    203 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Gah, got a 6 hour task for my 400 Emblems and of course it's 6:30 so I won't get the prize by half an hour, well, at least it gives me a start on tomorrows tasks.
  • aawillke3739
    11 posts
    edited June 2014
    For those that want to know the length of upcoming tasks . . . http://tstoaddicts.com/2014/06/05/number-1s-daily-tasks/#more-16989
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I am not sure, but I think I got 2 6hr tasks today!! I have gotten to the point where I have to keep track of what time I have to go back on by writing down times on a post-it, and I have been pretty good about it. It is now 7:15 here, and I was just given a 6hr task for my last one of the day. I am pretty sure that I am where I am at the moment because I was waiting this morning for another 6hr task to complete. Unfortunately I cannot swear by this as my memory is less than perfect (and I did not start the post-it until 2ish...which I BELIEVE was when my first 6hr task completed).

Anyway, has anyone else gotten this, or am I losing (lost) it?

This blows...now if I want my 400 emblems, I am going to have to spend like 20 donuts...
  • annai75
    30 posts
    edited June 2014
    Well, good news, I was able to covertly log in at work and start part 3. Bad news, set Tony to 6 hour task and when part 4 quest popped up, it was to visit the doctor. *face palm* I did start Skinner on his 24 hour quest though. Sorry all.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • bncagney
    131 posts
    edited June 2014
    I'm going to be about 20 minutes short on my last
    task today - a 6 hour :(
    Wonder how many donuts it will be right at the end.
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    bncagney wrote:
    I'm going to be about 20 minutes short on my last
    task today - a 6 hour :(
    Wonder how many donuts it will be right at the end.

One of my tasks completed as I was watching today, and I believe it was 12 donuts to complete right before the time was up...
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    For those that want to know the length of upcoming tasks . . . hxxp://tstoaddicts.com/2014/06/05/number-1s-daily-tasks/#more-16989

GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY! Where did he/she get that information?

Note: I edited your quote in my post because we are not allowed to put links here to another site. I replaced the tt in "http" with "xx"

I need to have a second look at the calendar to see what I think I saw. :(

EDIT: Yep. According to the pure speculation :shock: :roll: at that link, ten of the days between now and the end of the event will have 20 (that's twenty) (as in two-zero) hours of tasks.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Question to mods ... Are we allowed to post a screencap of what is at that link as long as I say it is pure speculation?

(I mean, I just looked at it and ... well ... holy crap!)
  • Nitsujdark
    515 posts
    edited June 2014
    Mine today was 4, 4, 2, 6.

I've had moments where I thought I was losing my mind. I know how to keep track of time, and several times I've gone into my game thinking the task was close to done or should be done and the task is only about half over. I am beginning to think the timers are screwed up.
  • annai75
    30 posts
    edited June 2014
    :shock:

So much for the emblems those days... EA, you do know if I don't work, I can't buy donuts, right?

(Still loving the event)
  • RyderMike319
    254 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I actually thought I would have it all done. Stayed up until midnight did the first task, woke up in the middle of night stated second task. Woke up in the morning did my third task then went to work until 7. Get home 6hr task shor by 20 minutes Argh
  • Ftball2theGroin
    594 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    For those that want to know the length of upcoming tasks . . . hxxp://tstoaddicts.com/2014/06/05/number-1s-daily-tasks/#more-16989

GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY! Where did he/she get that information?

Note: I edited your quote in my post because we are not allowed to put links here to another site. I replaced the tt in "http" with "xx"

I need to have a second look at the calendar to see what I think I saw. :(

EDIT: Yep. According to the pure speculation :shock: :roll: at that link, ten of the days between now and the end of the event will have 20 (that's twenty) (as in two-zero) hours of tasks.

Wow, thanks for pointing this out. That is a brutal schedule. You better start setting your alarm for midnight! And 4 am! I'm surprised the developers didn't throw one 22 hour day at us, just because they could.
  • edited June 2014
    Wow these 16 - 20 hour days are ****. Do they not realize people sleep, have jobs, etc.? I originally read somewhere that the tasks would vary from 1 - 4 hours, so I thought I had allowed plenty of time until seeing today's 6 hour task. I'm lucky enough to be finishing it with about 7 minutes to spare, but it seems others haven't been so lucky.

The least the game could do is tell people what the task lengths are in advance so they could plan for them. If that calendar of tasks is accurate it will be a big help, but I don't have a lot of faith in this game not throwing a curve-ball at some point, which is why I'd prefer it tell us in game what the times for the day will be.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    annai75 wrote:
    :shock:

So much for the emblems those days... EA, you do know if I don't work, I can't buy donuts, right?

(Still loving the event)

Actually it may not be as bad as I first thought IF we can start the first task just after midnight by staying up way past bedtime.

Some of those dates list the pattern of task lengths as 4-6-4-6 ... Here is a pretend schedule for that day (I'm leaving half hour "breathing room" because we're obviously not able to retask at an exact moment ...
    Task one: Midnight - 4AM. (We'd wait until we get up to clear it.)
    Task Two: 7 AM - 1 PM
    Task Three: 1:30 PM - 5:30 PM
    Task Four: 6pm - midnight.

Once we assign Task Four, we don't have to stay up to watch it end. We can clear it in the morning.
    For the record, there do not appear to be ANY back-to-back 20 hour schedules. A few spots where its tight, though. That calendar is, IMHO, of unlimited value to getting those tasks done.

• edited June 2014
    You can clear something after midnight and it will still count for the prior day's emblems?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.