EA Forums - Banner

event = cleaning friend list?

13Next

Replies

• litelbitt589
    155 posts
    edited June 2014
    I'm still having massive lag issues with my tablet and crashing when visiting friends. So I ssume they may be in the same boat and will give them a few more days. I got all my emblems and a donut to boot so I'm not in too much of a hurry.
  • OreoClarity
    70 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    It's kinda sad cause it's quite possible that the people who haven't been checking their SF's didn't think another great event was going to come so soon after The Easter fiasco and are purposefully taking a break, or might possibly be busy with vacations/graduations/family reunions to realise that they're missing out. Aaand getting ejected from their friends' lists as a result...
  • malko321
    4 posts
    edited June 2014
    I removed anyone who did not have the stonecutters lodge built by yesterday. I didn't particularly like removing friends I have had for a long time but I have to consider people who are actively playing this event and want to get as many of the items as possible.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Two or three of the neighbors I was waiting on have started building the lodge today :D I'll give the few remaining stragglers the weekend.
  • lawso69970
    244 posts
    edited June 2014
    I have a bad feeling that when EA get my account fixed I'm not going to have anyone in my friends list. :(
    Just so everyone knows I visit every day even when there wasn't an event on.

I hope you will all have me back :)
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    lawso69970 wrote:
    I have a bad feeling that when EA get my account fixed I'm not going to have anyone in my friends list. :(
    You'll have meee! I feel so bad that you haven't gotten to play this event, I would feel terrible if I added insult to that injury.
  • lawso69970
    244 posts
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    lawso69970 wrote:
    You'll have meee! I feel so bad that you haven't gotten to play this event, I would feel terrible if I added insult to that injury.

Thanks neuroheart. I can't wait to get back on and see what your town looks like after this update. :thumbup:
  • Kozzi59
    1393 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Kozzi59 wrote:
    EDIT: I guess I should have made the point that my friends list isn't full, so I don't need to clear a non-quest-playing neighbour to make room for a quester. If I did I might have to rethink my attitude. :-)
    My list is very full, and I get requests every day, most of which I have to decline. There are a few neighbors I would never delete, but if the average neighbor refuses to play because of some kind of superstition, I'm not going to keep them.
    Forum neighbors get a week or two of grace period, others get a few days. Especially during events, and most especially during one I'm excited about, I want neighbors who are going to help me achieve my goals because they have similar goals.

Fair point, Neuroheart, and I guess that's what I meant by my edit: I wouldn't like to be in the position of having to delete requests from potentially active neighbours because some ridiculous sense of altruism or loyalty or whatever prevents me from deleting inactive neighbours. :mrgreen:
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited June 2014
    I will do a clear out. I'm just greatful to my neighbours for not abandoning me while I've been away :)
    I'm back now and have a lot of catching up to do...
  • sojournfan
    584 posts
    edited June 2014
    I gave them all until this morning. The ones that hadn't been active in a few days or still had no emblems got deleted.
  • pheixred1
    7 posts
    edited June 2014
    Before jumping the gun and deleating people the day after you get an update, remember, not everyone gets updates at the same time. I just got my update on my ipad this morning, but my android dosent have it yet. ON that note I am 4 friends short so I have some room since people could not wait for me to actually get the update.
  • theslayer369
    2002 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Kozzi59 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    Kozzi59 wrote:
    EDIT: I guess I should have made the point that my friends list isn't full, so I don't need to clear a non-quest-playing neighbour to make room for a quester. If I did I might have to rethink my attitude. :-)
    My list is very full, and I get requests every day, most of which I have to decline. There are a few neighbors I would never delete, but if the average neighbor refuses to play because of some kind of superstition, I'm not going to keep them.
    Forum neighbors get a week or two of grace period, others get a few days. Especially during events, and most especially during one I'm excited about, I want neighbors who are going to help me achieve my goals because they have similar goals.

Fair point, Neuroheart, and I guess that's what I meant by my edit: I wouldn't like to be in the position of having to delete requests from potentially active neighbours because some ridiculous sense of altruism or loyalty or whatever prevents me from deleting inactive neighbours. :mrgreen:

I totally agree :thumbup:
  • ElBarto0o
    30 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Yeahhh I'm not always sure how much time to give people and it's the worst when origin shows they've been on recently but they still don't have any activity in the game so I can't be sure. I might give everyone until Monday before I really start clearing just because actually I didn't even know the event had started until the next day when I was visiting people since in the interim I hadn't been playing every day...so I can see how people might be having late starts. Not to mention I do kinda feel attached to people that have been neighbors with me for a long time for no particularly good reason haha but I'm reluctant to delete them.
  • pinklittlebirdie
    867 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I removed people who still had carrots growing and town who have nothing to tap in the last week or so visiting.
  • Gqhusla22
    11 posts
    edited June 2014
    Did some list cleaning. Need real everyday players!!!!....add me....gqhusla
  • Nitsujdark
    515 posts
    edited June 2014
    I removed 2 today. Both hadn't played for 3 days, one crashed my game whenever I try and visit. The other hadn't even started the event. I have several low level friends I can't collect from regularly but I'm not going to remove them, because they play daily and visit me so I'm helping them and they help me by visiting me.
  • PsicoProfessor
    20 posts
    edited June 2014
    i've cleaned 43 friends, please add:

PsicoProfessor
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.