EA Forums - Banner

Town Census should be more organised

Prev1
The list is in alphabetical order, so it's got that going for it. :)

Replies

• monotram
    12 posts
    edited June 2014
    Groups are not necessary. I know the alphabet, thanks to sesame street :D.
    I would be happy if
    a) it shows how long a task still takes
    b) if I could give tasks without tapping on the character
    I'm just 27 with a few Premiumcharacters and it keeps me busy already. I think on 41 it will take very long.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited June 2014

i just wish they finally start grouping common things together to make it easier to find stuff

• johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    The characters are in alphabetical order(it scrolls fast) and the decorations are in order of level requirement(makes sense).
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    baddazoner wrote:

i just wish they finally start grouping common things together to make it easier to find stuff

Alphabetical makes it pretty easy to find stuff. I want Krusty, I look at K. I want Skinner, I look at S. Etcetera.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited June 2014
    The characters are in alphabetical order(it scrolls fast) and the decorations are in order of level requirement(makes sense).

decorations are not organised well at all it's stupid having to scroll thru a whole page to find a tree then scroll back to find something else.
  • kylstrk
    423 posts
    edited June 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    baddazoner wrote:

Alphabetical makes it pretty easy to find stuff. I want Krusty, I look at K. I want Skinner, I look at S. Etcetera.

Agreed. It could not be organized any simpler than this.
  • Samaranth01
    2184 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Agreed. I like the alphabetical listing for characters. Makes them very simple to find. :thumbup:
  • Aennilya
    636 posts
    edited June 2014
    Alpha organization is good with me, too. But if you're going to further sort, for me the most relavent categories would be: 1.) waiting for something to do, 2.) performing a task, and 3.) completed a task but still running around with a yellow thumbs-up because you missed me on your first pass through town. Although not necessarily in that order.
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited June 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    baddazoner wrote:

HAH! So True. I can't see how much easier it could get, really...
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    baddazoner wrote:

Maybe a voice recognition thing where you say out loud "I want Krusty" and it gives you Krusty.

...That started off as satire, but that actually sounds kinda good.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:
    baddazoner wrote:

Maybe a voice recognition thing where you say out loud "I want Krusty" and it gives you Krusty.

...That started off as satire, but that actually sounds kinda good.

I think we would encounter a lot more tsto fans in daily life than we do now.... :lol:
  • Deverz85
    162 posts
    edited June 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    baddazoner wrote:

Any other organisational method would make it harder to find somebody

Only change I can think of it separate those on task from those who are idle
  • Kozzi59
    1393 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    baddazoner wrote:

You can jump to the letter? Woah, I'm impressed :shock:

Damned if I can find Etcetera tho :?
  • Dotcom180
    601 posts
    edited June 2014
    I love sesame street, i wish it'll have a town to build as well
    and then they can finish their work of teaching me the ABC...
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    The town census literally cannot be more organized than this.

Putting it into groups that should be long together would only make it less organized.

The decorations menu is a bit of a ness but with the smoother scrolling... It's fine as it is if you ask me!
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    The town census literally cannot be more organized than this.

Putting it into groups that should be long together would only make it less organized.

The decorations menu is a bit of a ness but with the smoother scrolling... It's fine as it is if you ask me!

The smooth scrolling is a godsend.
  • DAC-UK5
    4 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Isn't alphabetical order far better than having to remember or work out which category someone would be in?

It's in alphabetical order and it scrolls quickly and smoothly - how would any other system be an improvement?
  • mycosmsea
    132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    monotram wrote:
    I would be happy if
    I'm just 27 with a few Premiumcharacters and it keeps me busy already. I think on 41 it will take very long.

I like what you said about showing the time left for tasks. As far as organization, Maybe they can put the alphabet on the right side of the menu so you can tap the letter. That would at least bring you closer to the character you are looking for. Too many submenus makes it a hassle to search for things.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I like the alphabetical listing. It would be nice if they could somehow color code by status (idle, on task, finished task) ... They apparently can do the color coding already, because when I look at the census and someone is in Krustyland, the font/button is yellow. (Which is awesome!) From that, I assume (perhaps incorrectly) that it would be possible to employ other colors.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    monotram wrote:
    I would be happy if

I just reached 100. :oops:

(No wonder the character finder made things speed up so much!)

:)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.