EA Forums - Banner

Long tasks for number 1

Replies

• Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    First time poster.

After scratching heads over at addicts, this is what I think is happening. There is one table. Between your reset time and 8am GMT the previous day's hours are reused. If you don't finish the 4th task then it substitutes for the first on the second day, but the above rule still holds if you start a second task the second day in that window, and in that case you don't get the 400 but you do get the emblems for the first task on the second day. After 8am GMT the second day's hours will get used.

Examples:
    1. On Sun, wife and I stayed up to get a start on the (4,6,4,6). But got a 1 hr task, which was the first from Sat's (1,2,4,1). Wife went to sleep. I stayed up and got next task as 2 hrs. Again, a repeat of Sat. Went to bed. Now on Sun, after 8am GMT wife finishes with 6,4,6 and mine is 4,6. The values from Sun. We finish on time and get an easy Mon with (2,1,4,1). So mine for Sun was (1,2,4,6) and wife's was (1,6,4,6).

2. Say on Sun you miss the last of the (4,6,4,6). The last 6 becomes your first task for Mon. But it finishes quick, before 8am GMT, and you start the second task. Since it is still accessing Sun you get a 6 hr task (the second task from Sun). Now you are back in sync and so you end up with (6,6,4,1) for Mon.

3. Say on Sun you get it done and try to jump on Mon between the reset time and 8am GMT. Then you get a 4 hr task, a repeat of Sun's first, and then if you wait until after 8am GMT you'll end up with (4,1,4,1).

So what I've done is made my wife and I a table that says what days we need to stay up to the reset time to start the first task and what days we don't, and the latest time we have to get up to get everything done by 11pm.

Cheers

P.S.
    I could not get this site to use my regular Origin id, because it would not verify the email. Tried all the usual debug. So got a new account and no problems.
  • loner_chick
    32 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm not sure how set the schedule is. I finished my 3rd task at 11:59 pm Cst yesterday. I got to see what my fourth task would be for the day. Before I could tap it, the day changed and it became my first task for today.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Nilmade wrote:
    Nilmade wrote:
    mine for today (monday) are 4-1-4 so far - no problems to complete all in time, no matter what EA would throw at me as last task.
    Apart of the calender being totally wrong, it really looks as if everbody gets one schedule of two (or three) possible ones - like blue and pink eggs before during easter.
    Just wondering: did anybody have a schedule of only the two shortest tasks (1h and 2h)? And did anybody get a 6-6-6-6?

I opened a poll to see if the easter thing and the Stonecutters schedule were connected but it doesnt look like it is.

There are indeed 2 or 3 schedules. I think that it's got something to do with not finishing but setting the last task as well.

It seems that juliet603 and me have had the same schedule so far. Im curious what will happen if one of us does finish every task one day and the other does'nt.

I have the same schedule too. Today 6-6-4 so far.

Then your last one will probably be 1hr. Send a kid to drink an extra cold squishee was mine.

From what Ive read so far, you, juliet603 and me have had exactly the same schedule.

Yes! Send a kid to drink an extra cold squishee - 1 hour

:thumbup: the 3 of us should form a pact. The first one to know how long the next task is should post it. :D
    Funny to see how long our schedules will go simultaneous.

My first one of the day is a 2 hour.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    Maybe we should all just get all the prizes for nothing.. EA comes up with a different way to get prizes during this event.. A better way to earn prizes compared to last couple events.. and still people aren't completely happy.. I don't get it.. Oh well.. To each their own! BUT EA isn't just gonna hand over the prizes.. Of course some of the tasks will take a substantial amount of time..

:thumbup: :thumbup: :roll: :roll:

:? No one was complaining... We were just discussing whether or not completing them will be possible if they do longer tasks, as there are only so many hours in a day and most of us work and like to sleep at some point.

It's all good.. I didn't say anything about people are complaining.. I just think it is silly that, like I said, some of you people just won't ever be completely happy with the events EA gives us after the Easter debacle.. I DO HAVE a JOB too.. And I have a LIFE.. and there has been some days that I haven't got all 4 daily tasks done, but what I'm saying its not the end of the world.. It's not like anyone is MISSING OUT on prizes if they don't get all 4 daily tasks done.. It just helps earn Emblems.. Whatever.. I just think people need to relax about it all and realize it is a Freemium game and we're lucky that they come up with different events for us to TRY and enjoy, even though I do agree the last two were pretty bad! HAHA.. Like I said in my first post though, Do we just expect EA to hand over the "prizes" during these events? There has to be some sort of challenge, and the only way to really make a challenge for a game like this is based on TIME RESTRAINTS.. Oh well its all good.. I'm a "newbie" still to this forum so I probably shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion on this..

Oh, this again... :roll:

Were just discussing how we can get all emblems in a day and along comes Blake telling us that we should get a life, not complain and be oh so gratefull that these wonderfull people at EA make such lovely things for all of us to enjoy. Well guess what, i have paid for you to enjoy the game. If everyone was Freemium like you we wouldnt have had all these updaten. So please dont do this. Especially not in this thread. If you want to tell people this, open your own thread and Let us discuss the be way to get emblems. Bye!

Edit for spelling.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I made a skool boy error this morning, i had a task to send a saint for bible studies and sent Ned for 8hr task and then realised that it was the wrong task lol So i had to store his house and re-start it, lucky enough i could actually store the house otherwise i would of had to wait 8hrs phew!!
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I made a skool boy error this morning, i had a task to send a saint for bible studies and sent Ned for 8hr task and then realised that it was the wrong task lol So i had to store his house and re-start it, lucky enough i could actually store the house otherwise i would of had to wait 8hrs phew!!

Glad you could store Ned. Otherwise you wouldnt have gotten much emblems today!

My next one was 4 hours. So today's schedule has been 2hr-4hr-?-? so far.
  • sallylorna
    27 posts
    edited June 2014
    As far as I can see there's no rhyme or reason to the timing of tasks. I'm onto my third task now, it's been 2-1-4 so far. I always see how long each task is before sending people out on other tasks, then I send them out for the same time.mthat way they'll be free if needed for the next one. I learned the hard way earlier in this update. Wish I'd thought to store the building instead of wasting valuable donuts though :(
  • Pokelon1970
    311 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    2 - 1 - 4 here also. I'm performing my 4 hours task now. If we can rely on written above from other time zones, the last one would be one hour.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Yeah i was dreading not being able to store his house, being i am close to getting all the prizes i need these daily emblems more than ever :)

Yeah my second task is 4hrs, im thinking the next one will be 6hrs and finally 1hr (Hopefully)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

As usual I have the same as you so far! :wink:
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    First time poster.

After scratching heads over at addicts, this is what I think is happening. There is one table. Between your reset time and 8am GMT the previous day's hours are reused. If you don't finish the 4th task then it substitutes for the first on the second day, but the above rule still holds if you start a second task the second day in that window, and in that case you don't get the 400 but you do get the emblems for the first task on the second day. After 8am GMT the second day's hours will get used.

Examples:
    1. On Sun, wife and I stayed up to get a start on the (4,6,4,6). But got a 1 hr task, which was the first from Sat's (1,2,4,1). Wife went to sleep. I stayed up and got next task as 2 hrs. Again, a repeat of Sat. Went to bed. Now on Sun, after 8am GMT wife finishes with 6,4,6 and mine is 4,6. The values from Sun. We finish on time and get an easy Mon with (2,1,4,1). So mine for Sun was (1,2,4,6) and wife's was (1,6,4,6).

2. Say on Sun you miss the last of the (4,6,4,6). The last 6 becomes your first task for Mon. But it finishes quick, before 8am GMT, and you start the second task. Since it is still accessing Sun you get a 6 hr task (the second task from Sun). Now you are back in sync and so you end up with (6,6,4,1) for Mon.

3. Say on Sun you get it done and try to jump on Mon between the reset time and 8am GMT. Then you get a 4 hr task, a repeat of Sun's first, and then if you wait until after 8am GMT you'll end up with (4,1,4,1).

So what I've done is made my wife and I a table that says what days we need to stay up to the reset time to start the first task and what days we don't, and the latest time we have to get up to get everything done by 11pm.

Cheers

P.S.
    I could not get this site to use my regular Origin id, because it would not verify the email. Tried all the usual debug. So got a new account and no problems.

Welcome to the forum! :D

Unfortunately I can't stay up until the reset happens anymore because they changed it from Midnight to 1am over here! :( It's not normally a problem unless it's 16 hours + then I tend to miss the last one, but at least it runs over until the next day! :-)
  • Nilmade
    1028 posts
    edited June 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

I'm not in the team anymore. 2-1-4 so far.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Nilmade wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Oh no! Woman overboard! Quick! Throw out the lifebuoy!

16945689_mwdVY.jpeg
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Nilmade wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

16945689_mwdVY.jpeg

We've lost a member! :( Come back to us Nilmade! Come back!
  • Nikkif77
    14 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Pokelon wrote:
    2 - 1 - 4 here also. I'm performing my 4 hours task now. If we can rely on written above from other time zones, the last one would be one hour.

I'm from Australia!! I had a one hour task for the last one but my son has a 6 hour task for the last one.

Hopefully you have the same pattern as me!!
  • JcSnl
    274 posts
    edited June 2014
    My tasks in the last 3 days:
    Sunday 1-2-4-6
    Monday 4-6-4-1
    Tuesday 2-1-4-6 (today)

Rewards reset at 2am CET. (Netherlands)
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    My third task today is 4 hours, so 2-4-4-?
  • Nilmade
    1028 posts
    edited June 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    Nilmade wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

16945689_mwdVY.jpeg

We've lost a member! :( Come back to us Nilmade! Come back!

Lol don't worry, I'm still alive but I'm on another boat :lol:
    Finally 2-1-4-6, like JcSnl.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    juliet603 wrote:

As always, same here!
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    juliet603 wrote:

As always, same here!

Same task lengths, same age... This is getting spooky! :lol:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.