EA Forums - Banner

[SPOILERS] Chester Dupree made me sad :(

Prev1
Khodro wrote:
The unlock message for Chester was something like this:
"College was the best 8 years of my life!"

Obviously referring to the fact that he was lousy and lazy at his school.
That message surprisingly hit home hard, because these last years I have been battling with depression and loneliness which took its toll on my education, making me fail classes and have to retake them, so now I gotta study for longer.

I know it sounds silly and I know EA did not mean to offend anybody but damn when I read that message it was like reality hit me hard. :lol:
Ratman thinks you want attention
Everyone of your threads is about you and your problems. The forum is not a therapy session. Ratman and everyone else here are not psychiatrists. Everyone has problems even Ratman. Some things don't need to be said to strangers. If you saw a random man on the street would you tell him this stuff. Didn't think so.

Replies

  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Ratman5674 wrote:
    Khodro wrote:
    The unlock message for Chester was something like this:
    "College was the best 8 years of my life!"

    Obviously referring to the fact that he was lousy and lazy at his school.
    That message surprisingly hit home hard, because these last years I have been battling with depression and loneliness which took its toll on my education, making me fail classes and have to retake them, so now I gotta study for longer.

    I know it sounds silly and I know EA did not mean to offend anybody but damn when I read that message it was like reality hit me hard. :lol:
    Ratman thinks you want attention
    Everyone of your threads is about you and your problems. The forum is not a therapy session. Ratman and everyone else here are not psychiatrists. Everyone has problems even Ratman. Some things don't need to be said to strangers. If you saw a random man on the street would you tell him this stuff. Didn't think so.

    While I see your point that was a bit rude!
  • Ratman5674
    888 posts
    edited June 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    Ratman5674 wrote:
    Khodro wrote:
    The unlock message for Chester was something like this:
    "College was the best 8 years of my life!"

    Obviously referring to the fact that he was lousy and lazy at his school.
    That message surprisingly hit home hard, because these last years I have been battling with depression and loneliness which took its toll on my education, making me fail classes and have to retake them, so now I gotta study for longer.

    I know it sounds silly and I know EA did not mean to offend anybody but damn when I read that message it was like reality hit me hard. :lol:
    Ratman thinks you want attention
    Everyone of your threads is about you and your problems. The forum is not a therapy session. Ratman and everyone else here are not psychiatrists. Everyone has problems even Ratman. Some things don't need to be said to strangers. If you saw a random man on the street would you tell him this stuff. Didn't think so.

    While I see your point that was a bit rude!
    Ratman thinks this crosses the line of attention seeking. He has problems and the forum is a bunch of stranges. It's not Norman to tell people this. Also no one cares that much if the game upset you because santas little helper is in it and a girl you once liked had a dog. The forum is to have fun not get free therapy sessions.
  • MrJuanMata
    5344 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Ratman5674 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    Ratman5674 wrote:
    Khodro wrote:
    The unlock message for Chester was something like this:
    "College was the best 8 years of my life!"

    Obviously referring to the fact that he was lousy and lazy at his school.
    That message surprisingly hit home hard, because these last years I have been battling with depression and loneliness which took its toll on my education, making me fail classes and have to retake them, so now I gotta study for longer.

    I know it sounds silly and I know EA did not mean to offend anybody but damn when I read that message it was like reality hit me hard. :lol:
    Ratman thinks you want attention
    Everyone of your threads is about you and your problems. The forum is not a therapy session. Ratman and everyone else here are not psychiatrists. Everyone has problems even Ratman. Some things don't need to be said to strangers. If you saw a random man on the street would you tell him this stuff. Didn't think so.

    While I see your point that was a bit rude!
    santas little helper is in it and a girl you once liked had a dog.

    2n1rl1i.gif
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Ratman5674 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    Ratman5674 wrote:
    Khodro wrote:
    The unlock message for Chester was something like this:
    "College was the best 8 years of my life!"

    Obviously referring to the fact that he was lousy and lazy at his school.
    That message surprisingly hit home hard, because these last years I have been battling with depression and loneliness which took its toll on my education, making me fail classes and have to retake them, so now I gotta study for longer.

    I know it sounds silly and I know EA did not mean to offend anybody but damn when I read that message it was like reality hit me hard. :lol:
    Ratman thinks you want attention
    Everyone of your threads is about you and your problems. The forum is not a therapy session. Ratman and everyone else here are not psychiatrists. Everyone has problems even Ratman. Some things don't need to be said to strangers. If you saw a random man on the street would you tell him this stuff. Didn't think so.

    While I see your point that was a bit rude!
    Ratman thinks this crosses the line of attention seeking. He has problems and the forum is a bunch of stranges. It's not Norman to tell people this. Also no one cares that much if the game upset you because santas little helper is in it and a girl you once liked had a dog. The forum is to have fun not get free therapy sessions.

    I agree with juliet603. It was rude and uncalled for. Didn't anyone tell you that if you don't a have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Maybe ranting/complaining on the internet makes the OP feel better. Maybe the OP doesn't want to tell his/her close friends out of embarrassment. Either way, no need to kick a person while they are down.
  • Khodro
    707 posts
    edited June 2014
    Ratman5674 wrote:
    Khodro wrote:
    The unlock message for Chester was something like this:
    "College was the best 8 years of my life!"

    Obviously referring to the fact that he was lousy and lazy at his school.
    That message surprisingly hit home hard, because these last years I have been battling with depression and loneliness which took its toll on my education, making me fail classes and have to retake them, so now I gotta study for longer.

    I know it sounds silly and I know EA did not mean to offend anybody but damn when I read that message it was like reality hit me hard. :lol:
    Ratman thinks you want attention
    Everyone of your threads is about you and your problems. The forum is not a therapy session. Ratman and everyone else here are not psychiatrists. Everyone has problems even Ratman. Some things don't need to be said to strangers. If you saw a random man on the street would you tell him this stuff. Didn't think so.

    Says the person who photoshopped a rat head into his town and created a thread about it 20 minutes after he had made another thread pretending to have found a rare (non existant) item.

    Don't throw with rocks when you're inside a glass house. And learn to ignore threads you have no interest in. :roll:
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    To the OP. Hang in there. Going to school for eight years isn't that bad. After you graduate college you just have to work the rest of your life anyways. But both have their advantages.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited June 2014
    Ratman5674 wrote:
    Khodro wrote:
    The unlock message for Chester was something like this:
    "College was the best 8 years of my life!"

    Obviously referring to the fact that he was lousy and lazy at his school.
    That message surprisingly hit home hard, because these last years I have been battling with depression and loneliness which took its toll on my education, making me fail classes and have to retake them, so now I gotta study for longer.

    I know it sounds silly and I know EA did not mean to offend anybody but damn when I read that message it was like reality hit me hard. :lol:
    Ratman thinks you want attention
    Everyone of your threads is about you and your problems. The forum is not a therapy session. Ratman and everyone else here are not psychiatrists. Everyone has problems even Ratman. Some things don't need to be said to strangers. If you saw a random man on the street would you tell him this stuff. Didn't think so.

    funny how you go on about someone wanting attention when you speak in third person like a idiot

    maybe it's you that needs a psychiatrist
  • Ratman5674
    888 posts
    edited June 2014
    One Ratman made those threads for a game of dares.
    Two Ratman thinks you should make one big thread called 'Khodros hard life :cry: '
    Three you put ' :lol: ' at the end of your post. Ratman knows this is lol so you obviously know no one will take this serious.
    Four Ratman doesn't seek attention, attention seeks Ratman.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014
    Hey there! Do not worry about this! It took me 7 years to finish my BA (with honours), I am now doing a masters program and I won a SSHRC scholarship this year (which is a Canadian govt scholarship and they are hard to get). My point is that whole idea that people taking a long time to finish is because they are lazy and stupid is ****. People work, and have other personal issues. Personally I had to deal with my family saying things to my husband like "geez you should put a limit on her already". Just ignore them.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014
    Ratman5674 wrote:
    Khodro wrote:
    The unlock message for Chester was something like this:
    "College was the best 8 years of my life!"

    Obviously referring to the fact that he was lousy and lazy at his school.
    That message surprisingly hit home hard, because these last years I have been battling with depression and loneliness which took its toll on my education, making me fail classes and have to retake them, so now I gotta study for longer.

    I know it sounds silly and I know EA did not mean to offend anybody but damn when I read that message it was like reality hit me hard. :lol:
    Ratman thinks you want attention
    Everyone of your threads is about you and your problems. The forum is not a therapy session. Ratman and everyone else here are not psychiatrists. Everyone has problems even Ratman. Some things don't need to be said to strangers. If you saw a random man on the street would you tell him this stuff. Didn't think so.

    Technically there could be a therapist on the forum.... Just saying :P
  • Jblue8298
    7994 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Ratman5674 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    Ratman5674 wrote:
    Ratman thinks you want attention
    Everyone of your threads is about you and your problems. The forum is not a therapy session. Ratman and everyone else here are not psychiatrists. Everyone has problems even Ratman. Some things don't need to be said to strangers. If you saw a random man on the street would you tell him this stuff. Didn't think so.

    While I see your point that was a bit rude!
    Ratman thinks this crosses the line of attention seeking. He has problems and the forum is a bunch of stranges. It's not Norman to tell people this. Also no one cares that much if the game upset you because santas little helper is in it and a girl you once liked had a dog. The forum is to have fun not get free therapy sessions.

    c9X6n.gif
  • Ratman5674
    888 posts
    edited June 2014
    Jblue8298 wrote:
    Ratman5674 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    Ratman5674 wrote:
    Ratman thinks you want attention
    Everyone of your threads is about you and your problems. The forum is not a therapy session. Ratman and everyone else here are not psychiatrists. Everyone has problems even Ratman. Some things don't need to be said to strangers. If you saw a random man on the street would you tell him this stuff. Didn't think so.

    While I see your point that was a bit rude!
    Ratman thinks this crosses the line of attention seeking. He has problems and the forum is a bunch of stranges. It's not Norman to tell people this. Also no one cares that much if the game upset you because santas little helper is in it and a girl you once liked had a dog. The forum is to have fun not get free therapy sessions.

    c9X6n.gif
    Ratman likes that gif. People who talk on gif are usually the cool ones.


    Ratman isn't being sarcastic.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    3KX38V1l.jpg
  • Itchem-Scratchem
    1338 posts
    edited June 2014
    The moment when you realize that Ratman said Khodro is seeking attention, and then everyone on this thread begins posting about Ratman.
  • MrJuanMata
    5344 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    3KX38V1l.jpg
    Lmao :lol:
  • Ratman5674
    888 posts
    edited June 2014
    The moment when you realize that Ratman said Khodro is seeking attention, and then everyone on this thread begins posting about Ratman.
    Like Ratman said the attention seeks Ratman.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    fc,550x550,cranberry.u1.jpg
  • Khodro
    707 posts
    edited June 2014
    To the OP. Hang in there. Going to school for eight years isn't that bad. After you graduate college you just have to work the rest of your life anyways. But both have their advantages.

    Yeah exactly. But watching your classmates graduate while you're still stuck kinda sucks. I wonder if Chester had the same problems :?:
  • Khodro
    707 posts
    edited June 2014
    Hey there! Do not worry about this! It took me 7 years to finish my BA (with honours), I am now doing a masters program and I won a SSHRC scholarship this year (which is a Canadian govt scholarship and they are hard to get). My point is that whole idea that people taking a long time to finish is because they are lazy and stupid is ****. People work, and have other personal issues. Personally I had to deal with my family saying things to my husband like "geez you should put a limit on her already". Just ignore them.

    Thanks, needed to hear that :)
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Take it from someone who screwed up badly, didn't get help, didn't have help available, came from a family that didn't place any interest in education- at least you know something is wrong, are trying to better yourself, and can see parallels in other things that spark your drive to succeed. You are winning rather than losing, just keep trying to do better.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!