EA Forums - Banner

Can't Play: Game Stuck At Loading Screen

Replies

• FaiFae
    2 posts
    edited June 2014
    I downloaded the update and now the game crashes all the time. this is aggravating on so many levels. I just want to play the game especially now that there is a new event going on.
  • mikecavallo
    22 posts
    edited June 2014
    Same problem. I get to the point where it shows my username and tap to continue then bam, nothing, stuck like Chuck. Playing on android 4.1 samsung. This blows. EA do your damn job
  • ToNySgIrL2
    22 posts
    edited June 2014
    I can play my game!!!! Tried to reinstall but it didnt work. Someone help!
  • robertiris
    6 posts
    edited June 2014
    Mine had the same issue on my iPad where I always play, so after doing all the above I installed and logged in on my iPhone, where it did work, and then when I went back to my iPad it started working. I also raised a ticket with ea but don't know if that helped too.
  • tinytrekker
    1 posts
    edited June 2014
    Same problem. I'm on a Google Nexus tablet. I could get in early this morning but now game won't load. I managed to get in once but it started me at level 1 and when I tried to sign in my account it crashed again.
  • Eve4265
    5 posts
    edited June 2014
    I'm starting to think that the problem may lie with Origin - has anybody tried contacting them about this?

This seems to be the case. I can log in anonymously, and it load just fine. When I try to play using my Origin ID, that's when it crashes. Unfortunately, I believe EA's support would be the same as Origin's, since there help page is EA's help page. I'm guessing EA owns Origin?

Yea I am starting to think like that I've emailed ea and origin via each of their homepages myself (even tho like stated both ea/origin seem to have the same kind of support on their contact page) but it seems that if you contact ea via the simpsons tapped out (for example) or their contact problem page etc you have to click on x this x that and then explain the situtation in as little words as possible where as origin contact they directly gets you to "email" them (no it dont provide email but its one of them kind of forms) the problems which gives them as much details to help. Ea does has one of them but thats only if you type it all out (again) after doing "the short version" of it all

Anyway I will come back when I hear a reply from either ea or origin about my complaints to them. because mine is similar I cant log into game via my origin after I purchased 2400 donuts but I dont have the issue with playing via annonymously
  • phantaxus
    1 posts
    edited June 2014
    Updated game ran once, now it closes every time i try and start it. I've tried reinstalling. Installed on iPad4
  • spiritmuse83
    33 posts
    edited June 2014
    Yup, me too. I get as far as the Daily Combo screen and then bam, gone. Every time. My friend the same. We're on different devices, too.
  • atikin01
    79 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Can't get past through the "Cannot connect to server!" screen. And it is already driving me crazy 'cause I've tried it like 15times already. Funny thing is just before I wanted to swap to my account I was able to tap in my brother's SF and now it is always the same bug screen. Looks like another day I can't finish daily puzzles.
  • JamieSara22
    2 posts
    edited June 2014
    So frustrating, as I'm missing out on all of my emblems for Stonecutterrs. It will open, but never get to the main screen. What do we do about this?
  • spiritmuse83
    33 posts
    edited June 2014
    Well with the problem I've had I've managed to solve it by resetting the iPad by pressing the home and off buttons and holding them down until it reset. It's apparently different than simply turning it off and on again. It's working now again, but for how long I'm not sure.
  • Zghying
    8 posts
    edited June 2014
    Oh we'll I guess I'll never be able to play again. Very frustrating after all the time I've put into this game and it's events. It would be nice if EA would let us know that there is a problem and they are working on it and will extend the event once it has been solved. But then again it is EA.
  • Fochod
    6 posts
    edited June 2014
    I have an android device and it happened several times to me as well.
    Right now I am able to play, though.
    This is what I did:
    - Go to the App settings on your device.
    - Select the Simpsons app.
    - Press the 'stop now' button.
    - Try to start the app.

This worked for me.
    One time however, I also had to press the 'clear cache' button after I used the 'stop now' button.

Good luck and let us know if it works for you as well.
    There's also a very informative thread with solutions to common problems:
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10065759.page
  • deb_jen1798
    4 posts
    edited June 2014
    Omg getting really annoyed now !! Another day lost and emblems lost out on. I can't get in it sticks on the loading screen , this has been a problem since the Easter update. I am on a Samsung tab 3
  • TeresaWeatherwax
    11 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    daejae wrote:
    It stays on Synchronizing for awhile until the Retry option pops up only for it to say that it can't connect to server.
    Been like this for quite some time now.
    I'm having the same problem; I use the Kindle fire. I either get the retry or just a black screen.
  • TheFrik
    1 posts
    edited June 2014
    Same. I can't get past the loading/retry screen
  • hlmeeks2874
    1 posts
    edited June 2014
    I tried to reinstall the game thinking that would help but now I keep getting an error. I couldn't play before because of the connecting issue and now I can't play because of the install error.
  • imnoromeo4292
    5 posts
    edited June 2014
    I been getting a message saying doh i dont have enough free memory. I have 8 gigs im not using..... this has been several months it has not been working! why u make it so hard to display picture ill never no
  • aNiLeekagE
    5 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    day three still unable to open, keeps crashing at sync screen. sometimes it gets my hopes up and starts to download a new update but thresh crashes.
  • woodyrulesok
    4 posts
    edited June 2014
    I haven't been able to play on my android phone (xperia z) for some time.
    Works fine on my ipad2 though.

I used to be able to stop the app and clear cache and it would run but now not even that works.
    Very frustrating.