EA Forums - Banner

Lodge Hunting Strategies….Worth it?? (Long Post)

Prev1
I started as a lodge hunter but decided quickly it wasn't worth it for me. It take so much longer for me to get through my neighbors and made it later and later each day. I am ahead of where I need to be, so I just click on buildings as I normally would and go through all of my neighbors.

Replies

• lauriegator
    306 posts
    edited June 2014
    I am a grinder. I have free time during my day to do this, so the extra time spent is no big deal.

For me, it is important to get 3 taps to all of my neighbors. I feel that what comes around, goes around.

We all have different styles. If my style doesn't mesh with your style, one of us may unfriend the other one and replace then with someone who plays their style. No worries, do what makes you happy.

• mjmikulski
    47 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm plus 7,680 on emblems in regards to where I should be according to the daily emblem chart. I get more from routinely clearing out my town than wasting my time by only tapping lodges. yeah i'll go for a lodge if it's available but if not i'll hit something else, provided there is something to hit.

reaching 35k isn't an issue anymore so basically i just tap whatever the !@#$ I want. :mrgreen:

i don't think it's fair though after 60 taps i get cash and xp where the person receiving the tap gets emblems.
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    meinaz wrote:
    I started as a lodge hunter but decided quickly it wasn't worth it for me. It take so much longer for me to get through my neighbors and made it later and later each day. I am ahead of where I need to be, so I just click on buildings as I normally would and go through all of my neighbors.

Yep,
    Same for me. I'm way ahead in the game already and that wasn't from lodge hunting it is from having some good neighbors who tap daily my town.
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I am a grinder. I have free time during my day to do this, so the extra time spent is no big deal.

For me, it is important to get 3 taps to all of my neighbors. I feel that what comes around, goes around.

We all have different styles. If my style doesn't mesh with your style, one of us may unfriend the other one and replace then with someone who plays their style. No worries, do what makes you happy.

How has it affected you visit reset times. I went to visiting in the morning to having to visit at night in a less than a week.
  • lauriegator
    306 posts
    edited June 2014

How has it affected you visit reset times. I went to visiting in the morning to having to visit at night in a less than a week.

Usually, I end up starting the week with am visits and end up with pm visits by the end of the week, even before the Stonecutters Event. When I grind, it usually takes a couple of hours...
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited June 2014

Usually, I end up starting the week with am visits and end up with pm visits by the end of the week, even before the Stonecutters Event. When I grind, it usually takes a couple of hours...

It takes a while and not sure how much extra you earn but for me earning an extra 3000-4000 emblems by the end just wasn't worth the effort. Best of Luck!
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    i tried lodge tapping one day, not gonna make a practice out of it. it was too time consuming for me. it was tired of logging on multiple times, visiting neighbors who did not clear their lodge.
  • cmuse1103
    37 posts
    edited June 2014
    I go through my list once tapping only lodges and then go through again tapping anything. Gives me extra for my first run through but doesnt take a lot of extra time.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    After the going through the Easter debacle many of us have tried lodge hunting to gain an edge on getting the most out of this event.

I’ve seen or thought about four different lodge hunting strategies:

1. The Grinder: Lots of work but neighborly

The grinder goes through their neighbor list several times only tapping on lodges until till they reach 60 lodge taps or gives up. Then goes back and completes the remaining unused taps.

Pros:

2-4 times more emblems per visit cycle

Neighborly, helping friends by always giving them their 3 daily emblems (at least at 1st)

Cons: I’d did this for the 1st week and stopped for the reasons below

Overly time consuming, can easily take hours

Creates chaos to your visit schedule, neighbor visit reset times will all be out order

Not sustainable, eventually reset times will be so skewed you’ll eventually push visit times to the next day

2. The Grinder-light: Fast, easy and friendly

The grinder-light goes though their neighbor list tapping just one building lodge or not per neighbor for the first 60 neighbors. The GL will keep going through then back through the list until all neighbors have been tapped 3 times.

Pros:

Earns extra emblems but not as many as other methods

Only takes a little longer to visit

Neighborly, gives each 3 emblems a day

Sustainable, doesn’t push your visit reset time

Cons:

Earns the least extra emblems

3. The Skimmer: Only takes the cream off the top.

The skimmer only taps lodges. They visit multiple times a day but most likely leave without tapping anything in the town. They continue visiting towns until they reach 60 lodge taps then stop.

Pros:

Maximum emblems per visit cycle

Sustainable, doesn’t matter if visit reset times are skewed

Cons:

Selfish and greedy

May alienate neighbors, since most will not get any emblems from the skimmer

4. The Skimmer-light: Too lazy to be a skimmer

The skimmer-light goes through their neighbor list only tapping lodges but only once then stops

Pros:

Possible to collect more lodge emblems than the grinder-light

Sustainable, takes the least amount of time

Cons:

Greedy and selfish like the real skimmer but lazier

Is lodge hunting worth it?

As a Grinder I collected about 40 lodges so 220 emblems per day. Not hunting I get 80-90 emblems a day. Not worth the extra 140 since it added at least an hour to visiting and totally skewed my reset times.

The Skimmer has the maximum earning potential but this event is pretty easy. If the skimmer earns the maximum emblems per day they’ll have earned about 9000 by the end. Compare that to a non-hunter who earned 2500. The skimmer earned an extra 6500 which equates to a possible 6 donuts.

Is a few donuts worth the extra time, hassle or alienating your neighbors?

Not to me, it doesn't pay enough.

I like your names for the categories! I've tried the Grinder and the Grinder Light. I also interrupt the process often to clear my own lodge for my 100 friends.
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited June 2014
    Your analysis is pretty spot on. My take (rewording) :)

If you have enough time to play that you are considering adopting a strategy of repeated visits and maximizing lodge taps you are already playing with enough frequency every day. You will easily get all the items and skins before the event ends.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    One question I have is, if you tap once then move on (and come back later to tap the other two times) does the time you can visit that neighbour again tomorrow reset at the time you tapped the first building, or once you've completed all 3 taps?
  • Surfcitygal
    1206 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    meinaz wrote:

Yep,
    Same for me. I'm way ahead in the game already and that wasn't from lodge hunting it is from having some good neighbors who tap daily my town.

I have two towns, one that is close to the beginning of the alphabet (I chose the name long before the neighbor lists were alphabetical - they used to be random). The town that starts with a "B" easily has gotten 3 times the neighbor visits as may main town starting with an "S", whether they are tapping on the lodge or not, so I am way ahead on emblems in the "B" town.

Yes, the neighbor lists are different for the two towns, but still I think this reflects general neighbor behavior.
  • obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm a grinder. I work from home, so it's no big deal for me to check my town every couple of hours. One thing I would like to add: once I get all of my emblems, I try to avoid tapping the lodges on my final run through. I want to leave it for others to tap. Unfortunately, in my tapper frenzy, I sometimes tap it anyway!
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Your analysis is pretty spot on. My take (rewording) :)

If you have enough time to play that you are considering adopting a strategy of repeated visits and maximizing lodge taps you are already playing with enough frequency every day. You will easily get all the items and skins before the event ends.

Exactly! Is it worth doing for just a few extra donuts?
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    One question I have is, if you tap once then move on (and come back later to tap the other two times) does the time you can visit that neighbour again tomorrow reset at the time you tapped the first building, or once you've completed all 3 taps?

It resets with the 1st building making the grinder-light an easy strategy for a few extra emblems.
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I have two towns, one that is close to the beginning of the alphabet (I chose the name long before the neighbor lists were alphabetical - they used to be random). The town that starts with a "B" easily has gotten 3 times the neighbor visits as may main town starting with an "S", whether they are tapping on the lodge or not, so I am way ahead on emblems in the "B" town.

Yes, the neighbor lists are different for the two towns, but still I think this reflects general neighbor behavior.

Yeah, not lodge hunters but just general skimmers who only tap their 1st twenty neighbors and stop. I'm pretty lucky about half my neighbors visit everyday.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    juliet603 wrote:

It resets with the 1st building making the grinder-light an easy strategy for a few extra emblems.

Thanks! I might give that a go tomorrow.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I kind of go between Grinder and Grinder Light, depending on how tired I am of looking at the screen. Yeah, it's made a mess of my visiting times, but that happens during most events. In July, I'll just take a day off and let them all reset.
  • o0zoe
    150 posts
    edited June 2014
    I like the list! I am a grinder-light. I go through my whole list once and click just lodges that I find. Then I go through the list again and max out my 3 taps per SF. It doesn't take too long. Maybe one episode of OitNB :P
  • MunkeyJunk
    14 posts
    edited June 2014
    I just tap all three buildings from beginning to end. It's a game and not worth that much hassle to go "lodge hunting". I'm at almost 17,000 emblems already without spending donuts, aside from the pyramid which looks cool. Also, not that many of my almost full neighbor list actually visit me, I assume because I'm near the end of the alphabet.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!