EA Forums - Banner

Crashing after Stonecutters (4.9) Update

Replies

• tulionash831
    1 posts
    edited June 2014
    Level 40 and everything started crashing during easter update. Haven't been able to play in over a month now. Have filed two tickets with ea. No help provided. All ea has done is forward me here to complain with the rest of you. EA keeps closing my service ticket saying they can't fix my game, thanks for writing, blah blah blah. FIX THE [email protected]$!?$! Game already. Would really like to speak to a human instead of a lame email! I am using a galaxy s2 and galaxy s4.
  • emymarek721
    616 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    tiggertygr wrote:
    My Kindle Fire HD is crashing every time I visit friends the last few days. It happened when the Stonecutter update first started, then it worked for a few days, and now it's crashing again. I can visit 2-3 friend sites, then the game completely crashes. I have to shut down my Kindle and restart it before I can visit friends again.
    The game itself seems to randomly have refresh rate problems the last few days also. It will slow down terribly for a couple of minutes, then be fine again for a while.

DITTO!!!

I can't even visit friends anymore. It crashes every time I try to bring up the neighborhood screen. And I'm losing a LOT of neighbors. The last time I was able to visit a friend, I had lost roughly 35!!!!

And I'm a good neighbor!! During the Easter event, I dropped THOUSANDS of eggs in my neighbors' baskets. Now... they're dropping ME. :cry:

PLEASE FIX THIS, EA!!!
  • jultnew
    3 posts
    edited June 2014
    Hi,

I have been having the same issue for months - but I can't place any buildings in parts of my Springfield. I have tried deleting/storing them and adding them back/or adding new buildings like the stonemasons building and the game freezes. I then have to reboot the game.

I used to play daily and spend some donuts - but I am now very frustrated and not playing at all. ANY help would be great!

FYI the issues started just after the Easter update and still continues through the latest one.

ARGHHHHHH DOH....
  • userjos
    65 posts
    edited June 2014
    The only problem i have been having since this update is that when i go visit some friends it ends up freezing on the loading screen i have to close the app and restart it but other then that im not experiencing any trouble (knock on wood)
  • kirst710
    1 posts
    edited June 2014
    On my samsung s3 and tablet I cant log sometimes at all and then when I do get in it crashes minutes or seconds after. I have uninstalled and installed the app with no joy. It is very sporadic and can only get in and play at random times. I am a daily user and very quickly getting frustrated that I cant play a game I enjoy when I would like to. Will be uninstalling this game permanently soon. :(:cry: :? :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
  • suzynscott
    2 posts
    edited June 2014
    Ok folks, I wrote yesterday that I could not get past the tap to proceed. After the donut stopped spinning it would throw me out. This has been going on for days Anyway I have had several live chat sessions with EA. Today I tried them again. They told me what I thought was the same old crap, clear the memory, delete the app and reload. I told the guy that this would be the fourth time and I doubted it would work. He came back and told me to just do it again. Well I did and low and behold IT WORKED!!! I was still at level 41 had all my donuts and still had my 35,483 stone things......WOOHOO....I'm back playing.

Hope it works for you folks!

(iPad Air, iPhone 4s)
  • finfan66
    1 posts
    edited June 2014
    I cannot sign into the game. It comes up for me to tap to continue under my user name, the donut spins for a few seconds and it freezes. I have cleared cache, clear data, forced stop & unistalled/reinstalled. Nothing works.

I have the Stonecutters update, I don't know the version number because I can't get into the game.

However, if I start a new game anonymously, it lets me

My device is a Trio Stealth 8 with android version 4.1.1

I am level 41. I have been playing since Christmas.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GhostRogue82
    1 posts
    edited June 2014
    Note 2 phone. on current update and i went to log on today and its starting me from the opening video my town is gone.
  • TeresaWeatherwax
    11 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    tiggertygr wrote:
    My Kindle Fire HD is crashing every time I visit friends the last few days. It happened when the Stonecutter update first started, then it worked for a few days, and now it's crashing again. I can visit 2-3 friend sites, then the game completely crashes. I have to shut down my Kindle and restart it before I can visit friends again.
    The game itself seems to randomly have refresh rate problems the last few days also. It will slow down terribly for a couple of minutes, then be fine again for a while.

DITTO!!!

I can't even visit friends anymore. It crashes every time I try to bring up the neighborhood screen. And I'm losing a LOT of neighbors. The last time I was able to visit a friend, I had lost roughly 35!!!!

And I'm a good neighbor!! During the Easter event, I dropped THOUSANDS of eggs in my neighbors' baskets. Now... they're dropping ME. :cry:

PLEASE FIX THIS, EA!!!

I just spoke to an EA representative; he told me to uninstall then reinstall my game. So far that has fixed the problem. Hope that helps you also.
  • natenims
    3 posts
    edited June 2014
    I play on an iPad and iPhone, both crash when visiting neighbors with this update.
  • Samuel_Night
    1 posts
    edited June 2014
    I play on Sony Xperia Android version 4.4.2 and game version 4.9.4

Worked fine for a time but started mysteriously crashing down. I can usually get to log in and sometimes even see a quick glimpse of the game. Hopefully they fix this soon
  • ShiftyAepi
    1 posts
    edited June 2014
    Started 6/13. Have iPad mini & iPhone 4s and started doing on both. I can access the app and get to login in screen, but when hit the screen to go into the game I am kicked out of the app. If I log out of my Origins account, it will let me in starting from the beginning though. Stinks since we are on a time table right now for stone cutter items.
  • IndigoUnicorn
    62 posts
    edited June 2014
    Kindle Fire HD
    Both device and the game is up to date

Has been like this foreeeeeeeever but more so since the Stonecutters Update....

At least 2-3 times per day, I cannot log into the game. The little pink donut starts of spinning but then freezes and the game wont load. I come out of the game, remove from carousel, turn off the kindle.... turn it back on, open the game and..... it still wont load. I deleted the game. Wont work. The next day.... it worked!

I understand they say we should delete the game and redownload, but 2-3 times per day?! I have missed out on so many emblems because it happens every day and I never seem to be able to complete No.1's tasks in time to get 400 emblems. I think I've done it once so far.
  • a4945658
    2 posts
    edited June 2014
    this usually happens every couple of days, when i go to play the game it downloads updates 10/10 then proceeds to download 301 megabytes of data as if it were overwriting all of the data for a new game... then asks me to put in my age. But it does not overwrite any data when finished. i have NO idea why this is going on and if ANYBODY knows any sort of fix please tell me ASAP. Thanks :D:( anyone else having this issue?
  • jhhamp
    8 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm now crashing when I go to krustypark scratch a ticket and can't visit any friends playing on iPad Air tried to reinstall think made it worse help EA
  • ArachAngel
    1 posts
    edited June 2014
    I'm level 41, since the last update I cant log in. When I choose login it goes straight to the intro video then starts me off from level 1. Then the server say it cant connect...

Please fix this I cannot play
  • drgnkiller
    2 posts
    edited June 2014
    Tried downloading and playing it on another device but still didn't work. Been over a week now since I've been able to get to my town without it crashing. Deleting and installing it does nothing.
  • timothy5151
    3 posts
    edited June 2014
    User ID: timothy5151
    Mayhem Id - 15539333615927938357755362756255805355

I have had this game crash all the time since the Xmas 2013 update. With every update it gets worse. I cannot use the Stonecutter menu or the Main menu to look for characters to put on tasks. It crashed after every 2nd or 3rd person I send on a task. The same goes for visiting neighbours... the game crashes after every 2nd or 3rd neighbour I visit.

I could not get all the Xmas prizes, or Easter prizes or complete those tasks. This game crashes way too much. Seriously 15-20 crashed per day.... no exaggeration. I was also promised 25 donuts for my troubles regarding the town mix-up fiasco but never got it. I also have 2 Squeaky Voice Teens and have yet to be reimbursed donuts like other people with the same problem. I have contacted them about these issues via email, but they have yet to respond (only an email response regarding the town mix-up). I play daily and have spent at least $75 on this game since it first came out. This is no way to treat a paying customer.

Tim

• Dave7020
    3 posts
    edited June 2014
    I play the game on my iPad Air. Since last update it crashed very often. Especially when visiting neighbors. During the last 3 days it got worse and the game crashed about 10 to 30 seconds after entering my Springfield! It was impossible to play!

I got the game to work again!

I installed the game on my iPhone 5s and logged me in with my account. It told me, that I have to save it on my other device. After that I was able to play without any crashes on my iPhone. But I think the display of the iPhone is way to small!!
    Then I deleted the game from my iPad and I even restarted my iPad. Now I started to install the game again on my iPad. I took about 3 or 4 minutes because the game had to download about 800mb of data!
    After that the game runs without crashes on my iPad again! :)

• aNiLeekagE
    5 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I am running Android 2.3.5
    I got an update yesterday morning and it the game has not been able to load since, it crashes before the log in page.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.