EA Forums - Banner

Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff: Discussion

Replies

• wkeeling78920
    248 posts
    edited June 2014
    If the buildings at least worked at a later date for other outfits that would be something, one outfit then worthless is bull.
  • moonshine860
    207 posts
    edited June 2014
    It may just be that my 2 year old son is riding my last living nerve today...but I'm getting pretty upset at tiny co. I have been unsure as to what to think of this update. Some days I like it and some days it just makes me go what on earth were they thinking. Well I think today is the day I decided I'm not a fan of all this nonsense. First of all the amount of premium content they have pushed during this event is appalling. I'm a freemium player so I haven't bought any of it, but I'd imagine it was quite an expense to be a completest. Every week they're asking you for more money. First with the **** shrines...which I think are ugly as sin...then the stalls, then the buildings that gave additional items for Cleveland, the sarcophagus, and now more stuff to help you unlock the 80's outfit. If they were going to release all of these items it should have been done from the start so people could make an informed decision as to what they wanted to spend they're hard earned money on.

Secondly, there really isn't much free content to be had during this event. Now I know that I can't complain about free, but I'm going to. We got one building and one character. And a ton of decorations. I have no idea where I'm going to put a giant cat statue in my town that it won't look stupid. The buildings they put out that gave you items to unlock Cleveland look so cool. I wish it would've been worth my while to buy them, but I almost had him unlocked at that point. It seemed useless to spend my clams on something that won't help me in my desperate attempt to earn idols.

And since the last update my mummies aren't spawning properly. I had a total for 4 in my town this morning after being away from my game for 8 hours. They spawn fine as long as my game is open. I'm actually embarrassed to tell you how many hours I've spent over the last 3 days with my game open tapping mummies as soon as they come out of the pyramid. This is the only way I'll come anywhere near getting most of the prizes. I contacted tiny co. about this issue and have yet to hear back from them. This is the second time I've felt blown off by their customer service. I don't know how all these other people are getting good customer service from them, but maybe you could give me the secret.

It is rumored that you could complete this event without using clams, but I just don't know how that is possible. If someone has been able to get close to completing this event without using them feel free to correct me. I'm pretty certain that whoever was in charge of the math for this event showed up to work drunk that day. It would seem that they know this too as they keep changing things such as item drops and amount of idols things can earn.

I know this is their first event. I understand that there will be bugs to work out and they are trying to find a system that will work for most players. I'm trying to be patient about the whole thing. However this event just seems like an attempt to pull money right out of my pocket. And after all this I think they've blown their chances of ever getting me to spend clams on this game...or at least during any future events.
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited June 2014
    Quemical wrote:
    And more expensive items added. This is just ridiculous now. :?

f7MxhDe.jpg

These buildings would be better if can you coins and not clams...and I stronger stand by my remark about how stupid TinyCo is
  • Quemical
    152 posts
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, they went super overboard with the premium content in this event. They did what EA did during the Easter event (Selling the pink and blue eggs, then in the last week the golden eggs), but did it several times. In the beginning, I didn't mind the **** shrines. Thought the shops were super pricey, but whatever. They they put out the buildings that gave the Cleveland, started to rub me the wrong way. Then come the sarcophagus with exclusive prizes, including a way better shrine than the initial ones. Now this. Way too much. 1,735 total clams to get the premium content from this event, not counting if you want to take a chance with the sarcophagus.

They started off right not locking a ridiculous amount of characters behind a pay wall. I really hope they get their act together the next time they do an event.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited June 2014
    I'm gonna say this too, TinyCo are really * me off with this event now, constant changes, no more clams visiting ollieland, just moonie idols. The addition of new items every few days is just trying to get money, jeez, it feels like dejavu with TSTO Easter event. The items recently added are tiny for what they are charging clam wise. For their first major event, this is a major fail after if looked very promising. The game was great as it was, the only change TinyCo needed to make was the cost of the moonie idol prizes, and maybe increase the chances of getting those extra rare and epic items for character skins. The addition of this Cleveland skin is just puzzling. TinyCo need to rethink their events and game as EA have done, because if not, they face the same possibility EA did with their Easter event, players walking away. Its gone from being fun to a money grab. Bad form TinyCo. :(
  • moonshine860
    207 posts
    edited June 2014
    So as I said in my previous post, I contacted tiny co and asked about the spawn rate for mummies and how I'd been getting far less since the update when my game was close. This is the response I got. Thanks for not reading my email at all...
    bAYP3Qml.jpg
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited June 2014
    The update for iOS is already out.
  • Quemical
    152 posts
    edited June 2014
    No wonder it kept saying i needed an update, but the app store just said "Open" instead of update. When the sarcophagus first came out, i was able to play on android, and the iPad, and they were running different versions.
  • moonshine860
    207 posts
    edited June 2014
    Well the update with the sarcophagus is the one that messed up my spawn rate. My mummies haven't been spawning properly unless my game is open since then. And never in my email did I say anything about playing cross platform. It took them three days to get back to me and it was only an automated message from a computer. They never came close to answering my question.
  • Itchem-Scratchem
    1338 posts
    edited June 2014
    Just one more sheen and four more of those pleather jackets.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited June 2014
    Just one more sheen and four more of those pleather jackets.

For me the sheen item is the hardest to generate from the tasks. Only a couple of jackets to go

One bandana away from unlocking Rambo Lois, one eyeball and two kitty keyrings away from unlocking cartoon is peter, tough time getting these

Just a few hats away from unlocking mid life crisis lois
  • wkeeling78920
    248 posts
    edited June 2014
    Got a message that King **** will be available looks like he might be a playable character.
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited June 2014
    And if you get 100k butts some kind of new original character. I havent gotten even to 28k so TinyCo can implode for all I care at this point...
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    It never ceases to amaze me how some people who play this style game complain that they can't get everything as a free player. I've given not a single cent to them, and have over 29000 idols. There's even a chance I might get the next prize.

Be happy with what you get, and thankful. No one deserves everything.
  • fudgeo9
    296 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    My mummies are stacking up, I have the last prize and only quest is getting the cleveland 80 costume. Have 250,000 ready to buy new land and clear it.
  • Quemical
    152 posts
    edited June 2014
    Ningyo42 wrote:
    It never ceases to amaze me how some people who play this style game complain that they can't get everything as a free player. I've given not a single cent to them, and have over 29000 idols. There's even a chance I might get the next prize.

It's not about wanting everything for free. It's the quantity and pricing that makes the thing a turn off. I personally give credit where credit is due. The stonecutters event was done right. Good amount and good quality prizes The premium content was also good and reasonable with the price, it made me want to actually get the items and i did.

The shops and buildings would be more appealing at 25 clams for the cheap one, and 50 each for the ones that cost 150. Because after you get all the item drops, they are pretty useless.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited June 2014
    Quemical wrote:
    Ningyo42 wrote:

It's not about wanting everything for free. It's the quantity and pricing that makes the thing a turn off. I personally give credit where credit is due. The stonecutters event was done right. Good amount and good quality prizes The premium content was also good and reasonable with the price, it made me want to actually get the items and i did.

The shops and buildings would be more appealing at 25 clams for the cheap one, and 50 each for the ones that cost 150. Because after you get all the item drops, they are pretty useless.

The newest offer takes the proverbial wee-wee the most, buy the new items with something like 300 clams to get Cleveland's disco outfit faster and they will give you 100 clams back free.... Ummm, so I'd be 200 clams down then. What's the point of that unless they are about to stack the odds of getting Cleveland skin even harder? This even really has become a cash grab just like TSTO Easter event was, and its a shame. Four their first event it started well, and has bombed since. Too much money grabbing items that are useless after you get the items for whatever it is you are trying to unlock. I've been premium on FGTQFS since I first started playing it, but they have really put me off what is an excellent game up until now. Shame
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    no more clams visiting ollieland,

Still getting clams on a regular (1 every other day) basis from Ollieland. Not sure why all of you are complaining, the event is going well for me.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited June 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    no more clams visiting ollieland,

Still getting clams on a regular (1 every other day) basis from Ollieland. Not sure why all of you are complaining, the event is going well for me.

I think its because this event started so well in a game that is well made, funny animations and quests, but sadly became just like TSTO Easter event, purely designed to make money. I know its a business but they TinyCo are taking the mickey a bit now with their pricing policy and chance elements. As I've said, from my point of view there is room for improvement in their next event, as this is only their first, mistakes are bound to be made, and they have made a few in this one in my opinion.
  • moonshine860
    207 posts
    edited June 2014
    Ningyo42 wrote:

I'm not sure if this was directed at me or not, but I never complained about not getting everything for free and I did hear anyone else say that either. All I said was that tiny co claimed that freemium players could get everything in this event without using clams and that obviously isn't the case. I have almost 34,000 idols and most of the other freemium players I know are in that range too. And let's face it, whether your a freemium or a premium player we all want as much as we can get for free. I suppose I did complain about the quality of the free items. They were mostly decos, and not very attractive ones at that. I don't like them just like I didn't care for the egg piles during Easter. Maybe I'm comparing this event to TSTO a little too much. But that's just where my brain goes. Even during Easter...and we all know what a fail that event was... I still managed to get two buildings and two playable characters. I feel I've logged in more hours for this event and got less to show for it. I hope that made sense and wasn't all jumbled.