EA Forums - Banner

#1 tasks need to be shortened!

Prev1
I'm having a really tough time completing #1's tasks over the last few days. For example a couple days ago I got a six hour followed by a 4 hour, then a couple 1 hour then the tasks rest. Thats 11 hour of tasks! Yesterday was fine but today I've had 3 4 hour tasks in a row! that's twelve hours of tasks! This is insane! I'm not going to be able to complete yet another TO event at this rate! :evil:
They already shortned them once. Would you rather have a day full of 1 hour quests? 11 hours is amazing. It used to be 20 sometimes.

Replies

• KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited June 2014
    It was already moved down from 20 to 16 hours. It's fine how it is.
  • walrusfoxtrot1
    27 posts
    edited June 2014
    They already shortned them once. Would you rather have a day full of 1 hour quests? 11 hours is amazing. It used to be 20 sometimes.

Yes I would actually at least that way I and other people with lives to lead could complete the event.
    KrisV wrote:

Not if you have class, work and other responsibilities. Oh yeah lets not forget the 7-9 hours a day the average a person sleeps.

Now one 4 hour one two hour and 2 hour would be reasonable.
  • sizzlefork
    61 posts
    edited June 2014
    Thats 11 hour of tasks!

You know, you don't actually have to sit there watching the screen waiting for the task to complete, right?

Feel free to close the game and turn off the device, returning only to collect the results and assign the next task. If you devise a clever way to measure the intervals, your total expenditure of in-game time can be as little as 2 minutes per day.

• KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited June 2014
    I stay busy but I still have time to get all 4 tasks done. It's called set your alarm clock. Take 2-3 minutes to get your taps in then go back to sleep til either next tap required or time to wake up. Did it for the 20 hour tasks, doing it for the 16. Not that hard to do.
  • mike3775198
    266 posts
    edited June 2014
    When they shortened from 20 hours to 16, it actually made it easy for me to get all 4 tasks done. Plus there is a calender somewhere on these forums that shows what should be the schedule for the remainder of the event, and going from that, I can deduce who I may need available for the next days tasks.

I get up every day at 5:30am, and start the tasks around 6am. I then go for my routine 4-5 mile walk, and when I come back, I check the progress, then go and cook breakfast for the kids. Then I check again.

Since they shortened them, I have had no issues finishing the tasks
  • walrusfoxtrot1
    27 posts
    edited June 2014
    KrisV wrote:
    I stay busy but I still have time to get all 4 tasks done. It's called set your alarm clock. Take 2-3 minutes to get your taps in then go back to sleep til either next tap required or time to wake up. Did it for the 20 hour tasks, doing it for the 16. Not that hard to do.

Wow really! I don't have to sit and stare at the screen. :roll:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • loriacatlady
    274 posts
    edited June 2014

Yes I would actually at least that way I and other people with lives to lead could complete the event.
    KrisV wrote:

Not if you have class, work and other responsibilities. Oh yeah lets not forget the 7-9 hours a day the average a person sleeps.

I too have a life, thank you very much. Let's say you go to sleep Tuesday night and have school tomorrow, Wednesday. You wake up at 6:00 in the morning to get ready for school. When you wake up start your first quest. Play in between classes. Secretly play during class. Play during lunch. Play on the ride home. Play when you get home. Play before bed. Plenty of time for 11 hours of quests. A day with just 4 hours of quests would be to easy.
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited June 2014
    Because I know how to do clock management.
    xUxYq1i.jpg
  • loriacatlady
    274 posts
    edited June 2014
    KrisV wrote:
    Because I know how to do clock management.
    xUxYq1i.jpg
    Lol :)
  • rwvolture
    1259 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    It should be the same every day

Midnight - 6 hours
    2nd task 4 hours
    3rd task 2 hours
    4th task 1 hour

Repeat
  • walrusfoxtrot1
    27 posts
    edited June 2014
    rwvolture wrote:

Midnight - 6 hours
    2nd task 4 hours
    3rd task 2 hours
    4th task 1 hour

Repeat

It's not! I'm getting pretty wild and long variations!
  • loriacatlady
    274 posts
    edited June 2014
    rwvolture wrote:

Midnight - 6 hours
    2nd task 4 hours
    3rd task 2 hours
    4th task 1 hour

Repeat
    I like that schedule.
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited June 2014
    rwvolture wrote:

Midnight - 6 hours
    2nd task 4 hours
    3rd task 2 hours
    4th task 1 hour

Repeat

It's not! I'm getting pretty wild and long variations!
    He wasnt saying thats what it is. Hes saying thats what he wants it to be. Again I stand behind my 16 hour task days when they do happen are fine. If you know the upcoming schedule, you can manipulate the previous and next day's set of task to work somewhat better in your favor.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited June 2014
    op does have a point they are some pretty annoying times, not everyone wants to have to get up early to make sure they don't miss all the tasks or stay up to get the last one set. Sleep is important and i'm sure a lot of people out there are not interrupting their sleep to set tasks on a game.

i think it should always be 12 hours of tasks so you could start it around 6-8am and finish by 6-8pm
  • NickiElliott
    336 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    baddazoner wrote:
    op does have a point they are some pretty annoying times, not everyone wants to have to get up early to make sure they don't miss all the tasks or stay up to get the last one set. Sleep is important and i'm sure a lot of people out there are not interrupting their sleep to set tasks on a game.

i think it should always be 12 hours of tasks so you could start it around 6-8am and finish by 6-8pm

I agree with this, I don't want to be done in 4 hrs with 4 x 60 min tasks but as it resets for me at 1am and then I end up usually with the 16 hours worth of tasks (before and after the reset) it means that unless I'm clicking the minute the task finishes then I miss out on the 400 emblem task, because it finishes minutes after the next reset.
  • CBonez89
    54 posts
    edited June 2014
    seems like its 7:39 am and ive already started #1s third quest for today, which is a two hour one. ill be on the last task by 9:30 am.....
  • kingmob31838
    519 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Maybe they should just do away with all options, and just have a big button that says:

GIMME

• jclancy959
    503 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I agree they should be shortened but I should get Satan's Anvil if not today definitely tomorrow. But yes they should be shortened for the last week!
  • cogitoergosum8
    455 posts
    edited June 2014

KrisV wrote:

These "I actually have a life" comments are getting so tiresome. Most of us have lives, we just manage our time to where we can get in a few minutes worth of tapping a few times a day. The condescending nature of some posts is really unnecessary. I've seen this same insult three times today. Twice, about the event and Number 1 tasks. Once, on the promotion thread (apparently those of us who are promoted forum members don't have lives :roll: ). Normally, this forum is a very positive, cheery place. I don't see the point in condescending forum members, even if you don't agree with them. *End rant*

I understand why you want the tasks shorter. I've had a few times when I couldn't get them all done either, but I make up for it in other ways. I've had all the Number 1 prizes since last Thursday. It's possible to do, you just have to catch up in other ways. I doubt EA will change the time length at this point, but I suppose anything is possible. I just missed out on a couple days worth of Number 1 tasks because I was on vacation in the mountains with hardly any reception and no internet. I had to stop by a cafe to check my game. I think this event is pretty easy to complete, even if you miss some of Number 1's tasks.
  • peppers2ndmo
    247 posts
    edited June 2014
    I'm having a really tough time completing #1's tasks over the last few days. For example a couple days ago I got a six hour followed by a 4 hour, then a couple 1 hour then the tasks rest. Thats 11 hour of tasks! Yesterday was fine but today I've had 3 4 hour tasks in a row! that's twelve hours of tasks! This is insane! I'm not going to be able to complete yet another TO event at this rate! :evil:

By starting the first task before going to sleep, you should have no trouble completing all the tasks. Start the second as soon as you wake up, and perhaps the third before leaving for work/school. If the second task requires more time, start the third task during mid-day break. This should leave ample time to start the last task before having dinner, which will complete before midnight.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!