EA Forums - Banner

Task Book

Yes, you're the ONLY one. jk

I used to but I'm into the stonecutters clips so i find myself tapping them now.

Replies

• Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    My ex was annoyed with me because I'd open and close it now and then because I also thought Homer was funny. :)
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Just to hear Homer? I can't say I've done that. I do close it when there's a task like the current "stonecutter secret bonus" that makes the pointy finger pop up every single time I collect any event currency. (Halloween and, I think, Christmas both had similar tasks.)
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I do it a couple of times, usually after I forgot that it made a sound after I accidentally tap it closed. :lol:
  • mike3775198
    266 posts
    edited June 2014
    When my 2 yr old sits on my lap while I am playing, he absolutely loves hearing the characters so I find myself tapping the task book numerous times just to get him to squeal in delight. He loves hearing Homer, and also Bart and Moe the most

Edited to fix the age
  • darrenholm736
    1276 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Just to hear Homer? I can't say I've done that. I do close it when there's a task like the current "stonecutter secret bonus" that makes the pointy finger pop up every single time I collect any event currency. (Halloween and, I think, Christmas both had similar tasks.)

Never thought about closing the book to stop the pop up popping up. Great tip!
  • NMayo
    898 posts
    edited June 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

durrr thanks for reminding me how to avoid that!! I had forgotten from the xmas event that that removes the annoying pointer finger of tasking doom xD
  • CBonez89
    54 posts
    edited June 2014
    collect currency?? wow. with the 5 second timer, who actually collects the money and xp that hits the ground nowadays....
  • Deverz85
    162 posts
    edited June 2014
    CBonez89 wrote:
    collect currency?? wow. with the 5 second timer, who actually collects the money and xp that hits the ground nowadays....

Once you hit 35000 you get the super secret bonus which means you have a task open and every time you collect emblems (automatically or otherwise) the annoying finger pops up to point at the task to say conditions have changed

Edit: Missed a 0
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited June 2014
    I should start playing with the sound on again as i miss out on loads of these sounds
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • graywolfii
    550 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    When my 2 yr old sits on my lap while I am playing, he absolutely loves hearing the characters so I find myself tapping the task book numerous times just to get him to squeal in delight. He loves hearing Homer, and also Bart and Moe the most

Edited to fix the age
    My younger son and I would use Homer's "Task book open!/ Task book closed!/ Task book open!/ Task book closed!" as a rap, and maybe even dance a little to it. That drives the hubby crazy, but every now and then he uses phrases from the game to communicate with me. Personally, I'm always asking the kids "Where are the dodge balls?" for no reason.

At work, a few of us who play TSTO will also throw out a catchphrase or two during normal conversation. It's hilarious when I give instructions and one big, burly guy responds with "Aw, work? I thought this was a game!" Or even better - a high-pitched "I don't like this game!" :mrgreen:
  • mike3775198
    266 posts
    edited June 2014
    graywolfii wrote:

Edited to fix the age
    My younger son and I would use Homer's "Task book open!/ Task book closed!/ Task book open!/ Task book closed!" as a rap, and maybe even dance a little to it. That drives the hubby crazy, but every now and then he uses phrases from the game to communicate with me. Personally, I'm always asking the kids "Where are the dodge balls?" for no reason.

At work, a few of us who play TSTO will also throw out a catchphrase or two during normal conversation. It's hilarious when I give instructions and one big, burly guy responds with "Aw, work? I thought this was a game!" Or even better - a high-pitched "I don't like this game!" :mrgreen:

My 14 yr old used that Homer line yesterday when I asked him to empty the dishwasher. After he got done, he said "another job mediocrely done". Lol
  • loriacatlady
    274 posts
    edited June 2014
    graywolfii wrote:

Edited to fix the age

My 14 yr old used that Homer line yesterday when I asked him to empty the dishwasher. After he got done, he said "another job mediocrely done". Lol
    Lol. Nice stories. If I said any lines from this game to my parents, they would give me a look that says "Boy, are u stupid?" Neither of them are really into the Simpsons like I am.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Deverz85 wrote:
    CBonez89 wrote:

Once you hit 35000 you get the super secret bonus which means you have a task open and every time you collect emblems (automatically or otherwise) the annoying finger pops up to point at the task to say conditions have changed

Edit: Missed a 0

34,000 actually!

• Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    graywolfii wrote:

Edited to fix the age

lmao :lol::lol::lol:
  • mike3775198
    266 posts
    edited June 2014
    My kids drive me nuts at times saying things they pick up in games, but I won't lie, whenever he says that line for something, I laugh
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!