EA Forums - Banner

A Character/Task Request For The Next Update

Yeh, agree. But I'm not sure how they could implement it
Too many times have I sent Flanders on his 8hr then not been able to use Rex banner to interrogate him :roll: :twisted:

Replies

• efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I agree, it's annoying that the other one can't initiate the task but it's also understandable in most cases since they aren't the focus of the task- the other character is.

On a related note I believe there should be an alternate task in the list for when the other character is unavailable so you don't have to have the character waiting for the second or go on longer or shorter tasks than the time it would take to do that task.
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I think that request is quite reasonable. :)
  • Marcovarius
    558 posts
    edited June 2014
    Somehow Rex Banner is always first for me but not Bernice. I used to have the same problem with Banner and Flanders. Maybe the game could remember the order you last sent them to tasks. That way you only have to remember once to send Bernice rather than Hibbert.
  • CBonez89
    54 posts
    edited June 2014
    how about manjula??? she is the WORST character in the game as fas as tasks go.

I get off work at 6pm, I cant get her for a 4 hour task and stay up that late, sleeping by 9. I also cant set her to the 12 hour task as I leave at 5:55am and get home at 6PM. very frustrating. I always end up using APU first so it blocks out 75% of her other tasks, it drives me crazy, she is useless with no 1 and 8 hour solo task IMO.
  • CBonez89
    54 posts
    edited June 2014
    I think the order of the characters seems to be the order that you unlock them in.
  • cara252
    199 posts
    edited June 2014
    CBonez89 wrote:
    I think the order of the characters seems to be the order that you unlock them in.

Yes, but if you store a character (and building) they will end up in the back of your character list when you take them out again. This is why my Sea Captain is almost last in my list, because I accidentaly stored the house boat a while back.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited June 2014
    mpwarner wrote:
    Yeh, agree. But I'm not sure how they could implement it
    Too many times have I sent Flanders on his 8hr then not been able to use Rex banner to interrogate him :roll: :twisted:

I do that all the time it soooo annoying once you get to Rex and realise you cant set that task :evil:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6298 posts Moderator
    edited June 2014
    A good example is Legs & Louie. Both of them have the 1hr "interrogate a squealer" task. So it is possible

Another thing they can do is give all characters that have joint tasks alternate tasks in case you sent the other one on a task already.

Hugs Bunny - 8hrs
    Rex Banner - 8hrs
    Ghost Maude - 1hr & 8hrs
    Manjula - 1hr & 24hrs
    Bernice Hibbert - 4hrs & 8hrs
    The Grumple - 4hrs
    Stampy - 12hrs
    Smithers - 1hr

These are the ones that come to mind. Not sure if I left out any others
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    I think that request is quite reasonable. :)

Agreed
  • dcacooper
    389 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    A good example is Legs & Louie. Both of them have the 1hr "interrogate a squealer" task. So it is possible

That one makes sense, because they are undertaking a joint task. However, a lot of the others are not joint tasks, they are tasks initiated by one character on another. So, it makes sense for Maud to have "get revenge on Homer" in her task list, but makes no sense for Homer to have "get revenged on by Maud" in his ... It is her task, not Homer's.
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    So I'm loving the event, and level 42, but I just have a little request for a future update. EA if you guys are reading, please fix characters that have linked tasks so that they can be started by either characters task menu. For example, Homer and Jasper's paddling action. I thought that since Jasper is the one initiating the paddling, I could find it in his task menu, but it's actually in Homer's. I believe that those sort of two character involved tasks should be started from either characters task menu. Like Bernice and Dr. Hibbert, or Bernice and Marge, or Rod and Todd... That way I don't accidentally start a character on a task and then realizing that I could have them paired together when I get to the character who actually starts the task and finding it shaded out :roll:

Good, simple idea. Hi-five neighboreeno!
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    finally, a valid suggestion.
  • moonshine860
    207 posts
    edited June 2014
    Absolutely agree! I made a similar post a couple months ago. I hate to bring up the family guy game but that's how their tasks are listed. This is something they did right I'm my opinion. It a lot easier to set tasks that way. Especially when you have so many characters like in TSTO.
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    So am I hearing that if you store a character that participates in a joint task then it changes the order they appear in the rotation? I pretty much only set my characters on 8 hour tasks while I'm sleeping, and I don't have a problem with Rex Banner and Flanders (possibly because I stored Flanders a while back?). If I store Hibbert, does he then appear in my task list after Bernice? Because that would make me really happy. & could also be applied to any commonly used joint tasks except for the ones involving Lisa & Homer...

Edit: which is not to say that it isn't a great suggestion, OP! :)
  • kennedy6988
    225 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I'd really, really, really like to see Uter! Also the Lovejoy's, Helen and Jessica. :)
  • jclancy959
    503 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Sarah Wiggum with Hailstone's times a thousand.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.