EA Forums - Banner

Poor grammar!

I imagine that's because the code includes a string "Send a x to y" where x and y are randomly selected from the list of options in order to produce the relevant task. Not defending the grammar as such but it isn't hard to see how something like that can slip through.

Replies

• DamnedDonuts
    231 posts
    edited June 2014
    dcacooper wrote:
    I imagine that's because the code includes a string "Send a x to y" where x and y are randomly selected from the list of options in order to produce the relevant task. Not defending the grammar as such but it isn't hard to see how something like that can slip through.

This seems to make a lot of sense. :thumbup:
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    dcacooper wrote:

Exactly! Just like in other games you see "Pick up $n ${item}s", and forgets the case of n=1. Hence getting something like "Pick up 1 coins".

Also, this can be tricky in English. We say "an hour" for example, because the "h" is silent.

• maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    dcacooper wrote:

It's possible but then again, look at this!

HFjLCi7l.jpg

"Let see," really?
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    dcacooper wrote:

HFjLCi7l.jpg

"Let see," really?

What do you want from Homer? He does have a crayon in his brain! :lol::wink:
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    dcacooper wrote:

HFjLCi7l.jpg

"Let see," really?

In that case, most of Springfield have crayons in their brains! ;-)
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    dcacooper wrote:

HFjLCi7l.jpg

"Let see," really?

:lol:
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    It is OK - I have alerted the proper authorities. They are on the case.

2evrzie.jpg
  • smurf007
    9 posts
    edited June 2014
    Get a life.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    JimJ321 wrote:

2evrzie.jpg

Haha! :-D
  • amauthe8
    370 posts New member
    edited June 2014
    JimJ321 wrote:

2evrzie.jpg

I never knew how much I needed this post until now lollllll
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.