EA Forums - Banner

Gil is Selling the Gold Mansion! 6/24

Replies

• Msrednotdead
    1 posts
    edited June 2014
    Gil isn't showing up at my town. I probably wont buy the mansion, but I would still like to get the offer...

You have to have Chester to get it. My town w Chester got the offer, the one without did not..

I didnt have Chester and got the mansion offer. I didnt even know that Chester was available until coming here and seeing this thread, so I bought the mansion and then bought Chester
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited June 2014
    Blayshy wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:

The one thing I disagree with is the complaining part. 250 donuts in five days time is a LOT to ask. I strongly feel that this mansion should be on sale as a permanent item. Give at least a CHANCE for freemium players to save up.

I agree with this 100%, making it limited time is a extremely unfair to freemium players, there is no chance of them saving up 250 donuts, in particular, they may have already used the majority of free donuts they had to get Chester Lampwick and the rocket car originally, therefore, leaving them with only a handful of donuts left (if that). I've enjoyed every aspect of EA's releases since the beginning of The Stonecutters up until this one with Gil. It's a huge and unfair mistake to make it limited time, it shoudl either have been released with CL, or released as a permanent premium item. I'm not freemium, as i've said, dropping £14 (or $20 in the US i think it is) for one item just isn't worth it, or right to ask that of any player. Sadly, for me, it's undone all the good work EA have put in with the Stonecutters event to restore a lot of lost faith in EA, and in the game in general. These are just my thoughts though, and although probably disliked and ridiculed by many, speak some words of truth that i'm sure someone will understand somewhere...

Your melodramatism is killing me.
    This is something you aren't obliged to buy. Why are you torturing yourself with that? Forget that and move on.

Because yet again EA had something good, and messed it up completely. I can easily afford the gold mansion, no problem, in fact i really want the gold mansion, but 250 donuts is a lot for an item that has little payout, only three tasks asssociated with it and doesn't do anything else. Did i mention the freemium players who will probably never get a chance at the gold house? Yep, i did. While EA and others think its great, it's not for those people. EA's pricing policy is terrible again. It's not a case of supply and demand, it's a case of, hey, they want it, so we will sell it for an over inflated price, they can buy 300 donuts (£14) and have nothing to do with the donuts that are left because our other premium items close to that price range are ridiculously small or a waste of time items that do nothing. They messed up. Someone used to say premium players get screwed, this one, for me, a lot of freemium players who may have already spend their hard saved donuts on Chester Lampwick/Stonecutters items have none. Also, it's not a 'deal' it's one item that's fully priced, no other benefits come with it, no other items for that amount of donuts. It's back to the overpricing of items and EA know it now all the complaints about EAster died off, they can revert back to their ways of overpricing to just grab cash from people. It might be business to them and others, but it was the cause of a lot of players disappearing after Easter.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Gil isn't showing up at my town. I probably wont buy the mansion, but I would still like to get the offer...

You have to have Chester to get it. My town w Chester got the offer, the one without did not..

I didnt have Chester and got the mansion offer. I didnt even know that Chester was available until coming here and seeing this thread, so I bought the mansion and then bought Chester

Hello and welcome to the forum. Great first post! Again, welcome to the forum.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited June 2014

Ok, jebus I get it people. Was just offering up a theory.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Snakeyees wrote:

you are incorrect I did not buy Chester lampwick and I have the offer in my town but seriously 250 donuts for a building with no character then another hundred twenty with the character and some lame * rocket car that doesn't do anything but shoot flames and thats only when you tap it. you can't put it on a street, another pointless decoration I'm still on the fence if i will buy it, seeing how I have almost everything in the game it would be a nice addition to my town but man I can't justify the price.

:?

I don't have Chester and I didn't get the offer. I even deleted and reinstalled and I still haven't gotten it.
  • michaelstas
    17 posts
    edited June 2014
    Snakeyees wrote:

you are incorrect I did not buy Chester lampwick and I have the offer in my town but seriously 250 donuts for a building with no character then another hundred twenty with the character and some lame * rocket car that doesn't do anything but shoot flames and thats only when you tap it. you can't put it on a street, another pointless decoration I'm still on the fence if i will buy it, seeing how I have almost everything in the game it would be a nice addition to my town but man I can't justify the price.

I don't have Chester and I didn't get the offer. I even deleted and reinstalled and I still haven't gotten it.

do you have the springfield sign or volcano lair ?
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited June 2014

No you don't. I don't have Chester and I got the offer.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Snakeyees wrote:

do you have the springfield sign or volcano lair ?

No. Neither. Why would that matter? The volcano lair comes with Scorpio a completely different character.
  • SirLance_Elot
    2148 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I was so excited for a Gil donut sale when I saw him walking in my town. The mansion is way to overpriced for what you get. Well hopefully he will be back again with donuts to peddle.
  • Octane699
    133 posts
    edited June 2014

That's not true... I have Chester in my 2nd town and Gil did not pop up with the offer. I am still waiting

SORRY!!!!! Like everyone else, reading the thread from beginning to end .... SORRY
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I was hoping for it to show up eventually, but 250 donuts? No thanks, EA. I'd rather save my donuts for the 4th of July update.
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    250 donuts for a house? I don't think so... :roll:
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Geez, 250 donuts. We can't even save up for it. I have some pro's and con's to weigh in the next few days.
  • loriacatlady
    274 posts
    edited June 2014
    God how I want it, but not spending the donuts. Bought a boatload yesterday and have 1509 donuts left, but really don't want to waste them on this hunk of junk.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    For al those who don't have gil in their town this is what ea said

Let me inform you "Gil Gunderson is a non-controllable character that randomly appears in the player's Springfield to offer the player special limited-time deals to encourage the purchase of Donuts. If Gil's offer contains items that cannot be purchased multiple times, like the Springfield Sign or the Volcano Lair , and the player already possesses at least one of those items, Gil will not show in that player's town

This was just a cut and pasted response from a customer service rep at EA that is really not familiar with this situation. The customer service reps have a selection of responses they can send out for each question, regardless of whether it truly applies or not. It is funny, this direct quote is exactly what the TSTO wiki page says about Gil sales. What I am saying in this situation, is that the Golden Mansion is the only item being offered, so there is no reason why Gil would not show up for everyone, seemingly.

Unlike previous Gil sales, which included multiple items bundled together as a package deal. For example, there was a Gil sale that involved the Springfield Sign, and I think it was the Volcano Lair, for 250 donuts, instead of the 370 it would normally cost. But if you had already purchased the Springfield Sign or the Volcano Lair, this deal and Gil would never appear in your game. Or later another deal involved the Springfield Sign with the Duff Brewery. If you owned either of those items already, the deal did not appear in your town.

So again, this deal should appear for everyone, but it has not appeared for myself either. I have downloaded today's update, and logged in 4-5 times, and turned off and restarted, and still no Gil. Also started another Number task after my last finished, and put all my characters on task, still no Gil. Not sure what the problem is, but hoping maybe he will appear with a better offer in the next few days.
  • Vs1976
    875 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I accidentally bought this today (really only wanted to see what it looks like) :(...

I read you need Chester to get this offer but I don't have him? Kind of expensive for this building.
  • Torgon2005
    67 posts
    edited June 2014
    Just offered. No Chester needed.
  • peppers2ndmo
    247 posts
    edited June 2014
    Gil finally arrived in my town...right after my daily sign-in bonus which has been coming rather late in the day lately.

So...for all those who've purchased the mansion, apart from the small amount of cash every 4 hours, does the house have any other purpose? If there is no character that comes with it, the price is too steep for me.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited June 2014
    Gil finally arrived in my town...right after my daily sign-in bonus which has been coming rather late in the day lately.

So...for all those who've purchased the mansion, apart from the small amount of cash every 4 hours, does the house have any other purpose? If there is no character that comes with it, the price is too steep for me.

There are three tasks associated with it, but that's it sadly. Really want it but no way am I paying £14 for 300 donuts only to be able to get one item, not even enough left over for another character...
  • flyreel
    116 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi, 'boatload" used to be A$100. But now it's A$129.99, its a total rip off and the amount of donuts required to buy premium items have gone through the roof. They should make all donuts half the price and then many more players could and would buy them and get the premium items they like.
    The cost of this game is ridiculous now I have spent several hundred dollars on it but NOT any more with this last price hike to $130 its CRAZY EA, ITS A GAME. Time to get a real life and quit playing, everyone should stop buying donuts then maybe EA would listen and make them more affordable so everybody could enjoy it.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.