EA Forums - Banner

The ark

I was but nothing happened

Replies

• madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I was hoping ghosts would fly out of it like the one on Raiders of the Lost Ark.
  • DamnedDonuts
    231 posts
    edited June 2014
    madfish86 wrote:
    I was hoping ghosts would fly out of it like the one on Raiders of the Lost Ark.

^^^^^ This

I expected and hoped for this as well especially seeing how they already have ghost animations from Halloween events past. Was rather disappointed I tell ya. :(
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    madfish86 wrote:

Lol! That would've been awesome. And then everyone's faces could melt off and give me nightmares all over again.

#thanksforthatspielberg
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Any one else hoping for a multiplier or animation when it's clicked on?

I like your avatar. Your post...meh.
    Again, I like the avatar.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I try not to get my expectations up. The ghosts would have been cool. But the dialog was great!

Another "badge of completion" for my town.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    madfish86 wrote:

Good Idea :)

That could be something they could implement during the Halloween event ;)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited June 2014
    This was the only let down of the event - they missed a glorious chance to have these characters participate in this very funny moment from the Stonecutters episode (the animation should have included the underwear ghosts also that are not in picture)

2coloqb.jpg
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited June 2014
    I am extremely disappointed with the ark since it was the last prize so I was hoping for something awesome from the item.
  • mike3775198
    266 posts
    edited June 2014
    drumnman wrote:
    madfish86 wrote:

Lol! That would've been awesome. And then everyone's faces could melt off and give me nightmares all over again.

#thanksforthatspielberg

LOL. My mom took me to see it when I was 6, and after that scene, she asked me if I was ok, and I said "I want to see it again". She knew then, I never have nightmares over a scary movie ever again. The only movie that legit scared me, was The Exorcist, I saw it when I was like 4(snuck out of bed and hid behind a chair) and when that girls head spun around, I lost it. Parents fought for days to get me to go to bed. Lol

On topic, I would have liked something to happen when you,click instead of just the sound
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    This was the only let down of the event - they missed a glorious chance to have these characters participate in this very funny moment from the Stonecutters episode (the animation should have included the underwear ghosts also that are not in picture)

2coloqb.jpg

There should have been a "SPOILER ALERT" to this post! Warning us we are about to see Homers ****!! :lol:

giphy.gif
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited June 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:

2coloqb.jpg

There should have been a "SPOILER ALERT" to this post! Warning us we are about to see Homers ****!! :lol:

giphy.gif

:lol::lol:

Oooh, another quality gif for my collection, thanks Neo :lol:
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    giphy.gif

Here's a longer version for ya ;)

JuhdpzJ.gif
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    KrisV wrote:
    I am extremely disappointed with the ark since it was the last prize so I was hoping for something awesome from the item.

Agreed
  • ZennGlenn
    1782 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Double ditto on everything, & triple ditto on the underwear ghosts :!: :twisted:
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited June 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    giphy.gif

Here's a longer version for ya ;)

JuhdpzJ.gif

Neo of top gif from as always :thumbup:
  • wildminion
    552 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Yup, serious let down. Should have been awesome, but turned into nothing.
  • 4junk3000
    6210 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    No kidding! How anti-climactic!

I suggest missions be added to Homer's stone cutter skin!

30 min: burn underwear
    6 hrs: barbecue over ark
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • prixton1
    270 posts
    edited June 2014
    4junk3000 wrote:
    No kidding! How anti-climactic!

I suggest missions be added to Homer's stone cutter skin!

30 min: burn underwear
    6 hrs: barbecue over ark

Good idea! I feel like we got a lot of cool things out of this event, but really, if the ark wasn't going to give us a multiplier or have associated tasks or animations, then it should've been like the second or third prize, not the final prize. Very anticlimactic indeed.
  • Tara1qt
    406 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    That would have been a great quest line - burning the underwear and seeing the ghosts fly away.. Such a great episode!!
  • claytonron203
    61 posts
    edited June 2014
    As it stands, the Ark was very anti-climatic and not really worth the time an effort put in to get it. But I have it and its out.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.