EA Forums - Banner

I came back for the Stonecutters update

Replies

  • KingJoshSherer
    108 posts
    edited June 2014
    drumnman wrote:
    I would think creating a secondary account to circumvent a ban would be against the forum TOS. The original Josh account is still banned.

    :?:

    Oh wow, it's almost as if you didn't even read the very first paragraph of this entire 9 page thread!
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Almost... almost.

    *whistles innocently*

    Skimming fail. Busted. 8)

    To be honest, when all the Easter drama shook down, I found myself missing a good, ol' fashioned Josh rant.

    (There's a sentence I never thought I'd say...)
  • crazyinsanity82
    116 posts
    edited June 2014
    Please tell me this guy is trolling and not really as cocky and self-centered as he seems.

    Questions, because now I'm curious:
    What makes you special? Why exactly did you get banned? And how is this forum dead? More specifically, how is it dead just because you stopped posting on it? Also, how are you 'famous'? When I google you, I see nothing.

    No disrespect meant, but when someone comes in barking at members, bragging about himself, and downing an event that a majority of people loved, it raises some questions. All on a forum I happen to enjoy as I'm just getting to know everyone. I don't know you, and my first impression of you is '****?' So, elaborate for us newcomers.

    I'll answer your questions in order:

    I'm so special because I'm basically a golden god. I was never banned, just suspended for 30 days...my second suspension here. Forum is dead without me because my topics make this forum. I'm famous because I was mentioned in game.

    Well, I've enjoyed the forum quite a bit since I joined and that seems to be shortly after you were 'suspended'. Your original account seems to still be banned too.

    As far as your original post; what did you expect from a Stonecutters event? You said that you came back to the game because of it. When the Stonecutters appeared in the show, it involved most of the characters we know and love and many of those are the characters we already have. Were they supposed to make clones of them all so we had "new characters"? I would say the skins make sense. Yeah, there are a few things that were left out, but for the most part it was a success and worth the grind. The skins give a premium payout for tasks, Homer, Wiggum, Krusty, and Number 51 singing at the table is a great animation, and there are several other things that are pretty damn cool. Not to mention you were able to obtain everything without emptying your pockets. It took some grinding and work put into achieving it, which is exactly how games should be. Being able to buy your way to anything you want along with having chance events where you're gambling for virtual items defeats the purpose of gaming in general.

    Visiting friends is also something we should all be doing. What's the point of creating an epic SF if no one ever sees it? Part of the reason I enjoy this game is seeing other people's ideas and sharing my own, as well as helping out friends and having them return the favor. My list is loaded with people who visit me daily or nearly daily and I wouldn't enjoy the game as much if they didnt.

    Aside from all that, you are somewhat amusing but alot of what you say is contradicting itself or complaining. From the posts I'm seeing, you like to stir up * and bash any target you deem worthy. You saying it doesn't make it true so don't be all high and mighty, thinking you are better than everyone else and maybe, just maybe, you can actually be a constructive member of the community and add to the pleasure of the game. Sure, we all have stuff to complain about from time to time, but this being your main post upon returning to the game, maybe pure negativity wasn't the way to go?

    Of course, these are just my opinions.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Please tell me this guy is trolling and not really as cocky and self-centered as he seems.

    Questions, because now I'm curious:
    What makes you special? Why exactly did you get banned? And how is this forum dead? More specifically, how is it dead just because you stopped posting on it? Also, how are you 'famous'? When I google you, I see nothing.

    No disrespect meant, but when someone comes in barking at members, bragging about himself, and downing an event that a majority of people loved, it raises some questions. All on a forum I happen to enjoy as I'm just getting to know everyone. I don't know you, and my first impression of you is '****?' So, elaborate for us newcomers.

    I'll answer your questions in order:

    I'm so special because I'm basically a golden god. I was never banned, just suspended for 30 days...my second suspension here. Forum is dead without me because my topics make this forum. I'm famous because I was mentioned in game.

    Well, I've enjoyed the forum quite a bit since I joined and that seems to be shortly after you were 'suspended'. Your original account seems to still be banned too.

    As far as your original post; what did you expect from a Stonecutters event? You said that you came back to the game because of it. When the Stonecutters appeared in the show, it involved most of the characters we know and love and many of those are the characters we already have. Were they supposed to make clones of them all so we had "new characters"? I would say the skins make sense. Yeah, there are a few things that were left out, but for the most part it was a success and worth the grind. The skins give a premium payout for tasks, Homer, Wiggum, Krusty, and Number 51 singing at the table is a great animation, and there are several other things that are pretty damn cool. Not to mention you were able to obtain everything without emptying your pockets. It took some grinding and work put into achieving it, which is exactly how games should be. Being able to buy your way to anything you want along with having chance events where you're gambling for virtual items defeats the purpose of gaming in general.

    Visiting friends is also something we should all be doing. What's the point of creating an epic SF if no one ever sees it? Part of the reason I enjoy this game is seeing other people's ideas and sharing my own, as well as helping out friends and having them return the favor. My list is loaded with people who visit me daily or nearly daily and I wouldn't enjoy the game as much if they didnt.

    Aside from all that, you are somewhat amusing but alot of what you say is contradicting itself or complaining. From the posts I'm seeing, you like to stir up * and bash any target you deem worthy. You saying it doesn't make it true so don't be all high and mighty, thinking you are better than everyone else and maybe, just maybe, you can actually be a constructive member of the community and add to the pleasure of the game. Sure, we all have stuff to complain about from time to time, but this being your main post upon returning to the game, maybe pure negativity wasn't the way to go?

    Of course, these are just my opinions.
    Unfortunately even though everything you said makes perfect sense, in this case you're talking to a wall. Josh likes to always see the negatives. Sure some of the things he said were true (rarely) but he just likes attention. I guess in a way he got it in every way. His threads always had a lot of comments and he was even mentioned in the game. The sad thing is he was mentioned in a sarcastic way, but he seems to take a lot of pride in that... Oh well some people will do anything for attention. :roll:
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Welcome back Josh. :D

    I've always enjoyed your update threads. Also as for the Stonecutter update I've enjoyed the update but I agree I'm so annoyed you can't put the table in the horizontal position. :evil:

    Stonecutter skins are kinda lame overall all their tasks are basically the same. They all have one unique task but they are all indoor and very generic. I disagree with you on the mansion. It looks cool. It's small (ironic for a mansion though :lol: ) and it doesn't take up that much room.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm curious to see if things get as heated as last summer. Although it boggles my mind that some people still don't get it, keep pulling those strings, it seems to work for you.
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited June 2014
    Welcome back. I missed you. I really did.

    (And seeing how many replies you got on this thread, I apparently wasn't the only one. Even if half those replies came from you replying to replies.)
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Please tell me this guy is trolling and not really as cocky and self-centered as he seems.

    Questions, because now I'm curious:
    What makes you special? Why exactly did you get banned? And how is this forum dead? More specifically, how is it dead just because you stopped posting on it? Also, how are you 'famous'? When I google you, I see nothing.

    No disrespect meant, but when someone comes in barking at members, bragging about himself, and downing an event that a majority of people loved, it raises some questions. All on a forum I happen to enjoy as I'm just getting to know everyone. I don't know you, and my first impression of you is '****?' So, elaborate for us newcomers.

    Cos you weren't here when he was around I'll give you a tip - don't take him seriously and laugh at the people who get so wound up by his comments, then get out the popcorn and enjoy the show! :lol:

    It really can be quite hilarious! :wink:
  • Skyrim-mrp
    2457 posts
    edited June 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    Please tell me this guy is trolling and not really as cocky and self-centered as he seems.

    Questions, because now I'm curious:
    What makes you special? Why exactly did you get banned? And how is this forum dead? More specifically, how is it dead just because you stopped posting on it? Also, how are you 'famous'? When I google you, I see nothing.

    No disrespect meant, but when someone comes in barking at members, bragging about himself, and downing an event that a majority of people loved, it raises some questions. All on a forum I happen to enjoy as I'm just getting to know everyone. I don't know you, and my first impression of you is '****?' So, elaborate for us newcomers.

    Cos you weren't here when he was around I'll give you a tip - don't take him seriously and laugh at the people who get so wound up by his comments, then get out the popcorn and enjoy the show! :lol:

    It really can be quite hilarious! :wink:
    Shibaaang!!! +1

    Great tip :thumbup: although there are people who have been around for years and still get wound up :lol:
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    A little late to the show but..
    giphy.gif?w=320
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    Please tell me this guy is trolling and not really as cocky and self-centered as he seems.

    Questions, because now I'm curious:
    What makes you special? Why exactly did you get banned? And how is this forum dead? More specifically, how is it dead just because you stopped posting on it? Also, how are you 'famous'? When I google you, I see nothing.

    No disrespect meant, but when someone comes in barking at members, bragging about himself, and downing an event that a majority of people loved, it raises some questions. All on a forum I happen to enjoy as I'm just getting to know everyone. I don't know you, and my first impression of you is '****?' So, elaborate for us newcomers.

    Cos you weren't here when he was around I'll give you a tip - don't take him seriously and laugh at the people who get so wound up by his comments, then get out the popcorn and enjoy the show! :lol:

    It really can be quite hilarious! :wink:
    Shibaaang!!! +1

    Great tip :thumbup: although there are people who have been around for years and still get wound up :lol:

    I know! How do they never learn?! :lol:
  • Skyrim-mrp
    2457 posts
    edited June 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    Please tell me this guy is trolling and not really as cocky and self-centered as he seems.

    Questions, because now I'm curious:
    What makes you special? Why exactly did you get banned? And how is this forum dead? More specifically, how is it dead just because you stopped posting on it? Also, how are you 'famous'? When I google you, I see nothing.

    No disrespect meant, but when someone comes in barking at members, bragging about himself, and downing an event that a majority of people loved, it raises some questions. All on a forum I happen to enjoy as I'm just getting to know everyone. I don't know you, and my first impression of you is '****?' So, elaborate for us newcomers.

    Cos you weren't here when he was around I'll give you a tip - don't take him seriously and laugh at the people who get so wound up by his comments, then get out the popcorn and enjoy the show! :lol:

    It really can be quite hilarious! :wink:
    Shibaaang!!! +1

    Great tip :thumbup: although there are people who have been around for years and still get wound up :lol:

    I know! How do they never learn?! :lol:
    :lol: who knows makes good reading tho :lol:
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I love how Onepoundbeef said to not feed the trolls. He is saying Josh is a troll, yet all he has been doing is "feeding" him, by arguing and replying to everything he says. Or if someone that doesn't know about Josh, he replies saying he is self-centered and cocky. Onepoundbeef, you are feeding the "trolls" more than anyone else on this thread, as well as 4junk3000!
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I love how Onepoundbeef said to not feed the trolls. He is saying Josh is a troll, yet all he has been doing is "feeding" him, by arguing and replying to everything he says. Or if someone that doesn't know about Josh, he replies saying he is self-centered and cocky. Onepoundbeef, you are feeding the "trolls" more than anyone else on this thread, as well as 4junk3000!

    The irony wasn't lost on me either! :lol:
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    I love how Onepoundbeef said to not feed the trolls. He is saying Josh is a troll, yet all he has been doing is "feeding" him, by arguing and replying to everything he says. Or if someone that doesn't know about Josh, he replies saying he is self-centered and cocky. Onepoundbeef, you are feeding the "trolls" more than anyone else on this thread, as well as 4junk3000!

    The irony wasn't lost on me either! :lol:
    Haha, I find it pathetic. If they dislike Josh, I'm sure they don't feel obliged to reply. If you dislike him, don't reply, it is as simple as that! It just makes you seem like you want the attention more!
  • Jax001100
    1004 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm a bit late to the party, but welcome back Josh! I look forward to your update reviews, black humour and ever-so-subtle mockery. Things just haven't been the same without you. :D
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited June 2014
    Who the hell is this guy?
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Welcome back to the forum, Josh. Even if you're only back for a little while. Sorry you couldn't get your original account back. These things happen, though, I guess.


    Stonecutter skins are kinda lame overall all their tasks are basically the same. They all have one unique task but they are all indoor and very generic. I disagree with you on the mansion. It looks cool. It's small (ironic for a mansion though :lol: ) and it doesn't take up that much room.

    In the show, I believe it was always referred to as a solid gold house, not a mansion. ;) It is a pretty big house, though, to be fair. :)
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Welcome back Josh!! I knew you were back when I saw your town begin getting emblems. BTW I still visited all the time.

    I am not one of those delete your neighbors cause they stop playing guys.!!
  • DamnedDonuts
    231 posts
    edited June 2014
    I love how Onepoundbeef said to not feed the trolls. He is saying Josh is a troll, yet all he has been doing is "feeding" him, by arguing and replying to everything he says. Or if someone that doesn't know about Josh, he replies saying he is self-centered and cocky. Onepoundbeef, you are feeding the "trolls" more than anyone else on this thread, as well as 4junk3000!


    I was about to post the same thing and would also add that the most offensive and insulting comments deserving of mod action in this thread have come from those two.

    As a contributing forum member I would like to see a mod take care of this right away. :mrgreen:

    They dont realize Josh is providing satire as his bait and they chomp on the hook.

    Entertaining yet kinda sad and pathetic at the same time.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.