EA Forums - Banner

WARNING!! DO NOT ASK PEOPLE ON FORUM TO ADD YOU!!

Prev1
You could potentially get 60-300 max emblems for visiting friends and say, 100 for them visiting you. On average you're losing say 100-300. That's hardly a lot in comparison to what you can get from tasks and no 1's daily tasks.

And unless a massive amount of people started visiting the forums, 500 requests is totally disproportionate.

Replies

• juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Deny all the pending requests you have waiting, it'll take a while but should help the problem
  • Snakeyees
    2335 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    you could download origin for the PC and manage your request that way or you could download the Scrabble app and manage friends and delete them that way there are multiple ways to delete pending friend requests.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    spike2k00 wrote:
    Word of the wise to whoever wishes to gain more friends on their game. Do not advertise yourself on here like I did. At first it was great and I got a fantastic response however I couldn't keep up with all the requests. It now says I have 500+ requests and I can't even see any to get rid of!! Now that's not the biggest issue!! Due to the fact there's so many requests pending apparently I can no longer access my friends!! Tapped out had now become a very neighbours based game which means I can no longer play it properly!! ??. So please please be careful and add people individually otherwise you will have the same problem as me and have an obsolete game which EA have failed to fix! I have lost out on so many items due to this problem!! Damn you EA!! You owe me!! Sorry to all my neighbours for not being able to visit and take care!! Happy tapping!!!
    Hello and welcome to the forum. I am sad you don't like friend requests. I didn't send you one. My friend list is full. Again, welcome to the forum and happy tapping.
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    or, you could just get rid of the requests as they come in and not let them build up like OP did.
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited June 2014
    Sooo what is the point of this useless thread since it's good to have neighbors?
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    KrisV wrote:
    Sooo what is the point of this useless thread since it's good to have neighbors?

To illustrate the importance of clearing out your un-needed pending friend requests, as having too many can slow your game down.

Perhaps OP would have been wiser to add his name to the end of an existing thread, rather than start his own. Especially during an event. :lol:
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited June 2014
    KrisV wrote:

Isn't it obvious
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    KrisV wrote:

To illustrate the importance of clearing out your un-needed pending friend requests, as having too many can slow your game down.

Perhaps OP would have been wiser to add his name to the end of an existing thread, rather than start his own. Especially during an event. :lol:
    Truth!!!
  • Roccaine
    457 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I've always found new people on Tapped Out's Facebook page, was thinking of trying it on this forum but now it seems that isn't a great idea :P
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    Roccaine wrote:
    I've always found new people on Tapped Out's Facebook page, was thinking of trying it on this forum but now it seems that isn't a great idea :P

If the OP had added his name to an existing thread, rather than start a new one that got extremely popular, with his name right at the start of it, he wouldn't have had as bad a problem. Also, it sounds like he hasn't cleared ANY pending requests since he made the thread back in February, so of course they're going to pile up if you don't clear them for that long.

I have made official add-me threads for events before, and even with all the requests I got, as long as I cleared them out every once in a while, I didn't have any issues.
  • Quemical
    152 posts
    edited June 2014
    The times i've requested neighbors from this board, i've made sure to do it on the friend request thread, and edit my post saying i got the amount of neighbors i wanted.
  • mike3775198
    266 posts
    edited June 2014
    Quemical wrote:
    The times i've requested neighbors from this board, i've made sure to do it on the friend request thread, and edit my post saying i got the amount of neighbors i wanted.

I added my name to a thread, never started one. I also just kept an eye on the section and added whenever someone started a thread. I always clear requests if I cannot add them.
  • Nilmade
    1028 posts
    edited June 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    Roccaine wrote:

If the OP had added his name to an existing thread, rather than start a new one that got extremely popular, with his name right at the start of it, he wouldn't have had as bad a problem. Also, it sounds like he hasn't cleared ANY pending requests since he made the thread back in February, so of course they're going to pile up if you don't clear them for that long.

I have made official add-me threads for events before, and even with all the requests I got, as long as I cleared them out every once in a while, I didn't have any issues.
    You're right. I added my name to your Valentines event add-me thread, I edited my post when I got 100 neighbours to avoid receiving more requests and I've never had any issues, even having some pending requests.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    or, you could just get rid of the requests as they come in and not let them build up like OP did.
    Yeah, it's best not to let them build up.
  • PowellSkier
    27 posts
    edited June 2014
    JimJ321 wrote:
    spike2k00 wrote:
    Word of the wise to whoever wishes to gain more friends on their game. Do not advertise yourself on here like I did. At first it was great and I got a fantastic response however I couldn't keep up with all the requests. It now says I have 500+ requests and I can't even see any to get rid of!! Now that's not the biggest issue!! Due to the fact there's so many requests pending apparently I can no longer access my friends!! Tapped out had now become a very neighbours based game which means I can no longer play it properly!! ??. So please please be careful and add people individually otherwise you will have the same problem as me and have an obsolete game which EA have failed to fix! I have lost out on so many items due to this problem!! Damn you EA!! You owe me!! Sorry to all my neighbours for not being able to visit and take care!! Happy tapping!!!
    Hello and welcome to the forum. I am sad you don't like friend requests. I didn't send you one. My friend list is full. Again, welcome to the forum and happy tapping.

How do I block JimJ321? His compulsive need to welcome and greet every new topic is obnoxious.
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    JimJ321 wrote:
    spike2k00 wrote:

How do I block JimJ321? His compulsive need to welcome and greet every new topic is obnoxious.

We don't have a block feature on this forum, unfortunately.
  • KingJoshSherer
    108 posts
    edited June 2014
    Download origin to your computer and delete all pending requests. Problem solved.
  • laangel4li503
    3 posts
    edited June 2014
    I need help have not been able to visit friends in over 3 weeks since I decided to put my self on the add me forum. at first I had over 100 requests and was still able to delete them from my kindle but when I got round 500 my game said it could not connect to server and have not been able to visit friends since then.

I downloaded the origin but it only says accept or ignore. is there any way to delete requests....????????
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I downloaded the origin but it only says accept or ignore. is there any way to delete requests....????????

Ignore should work.
  • joniferous
    521 posts Member
    edited June 2014
    I put my name on two or three "add me" threads, and have had more like 40-50 new friends, and I vet them anyway so I have neighbours that I like to look at.
    Surely it isn't that hard to just keep on top of them and decline as they come in?
    Also, the OP could have added "Friends list FULL! Don't add me, if you want to be neighbours, PM me first" to their sig, and then it would be fine right?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.