EA Forums - Banner

What did you buy?

Replies

• melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited December 2012
    lissarv68 wrote:
    I got the volcano lair, observatory, fire tire and the Springfield sign. I was going to get duffman but his tasks look sooo boring plus I'm not the biggest fan of the way the brewery is designed.

Since we are friends...go see what I did with it. I'm planning on putting a big wooded **** compound with the observatory in the lot that I'm starting to buy. There will be trees and a winding river. I think it works well that way (I didn't like the way it looked either).

Yeah your placement was spot on, I like the way you put it by the water and frinks lab and once you complete the wooded area it's going to look great. Ill be keeping a close eye lol, can't wait to see how it turns out.

Damn now I need to incorporate it into my town :(
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    lissarv68 wrote:
    I got the volcano lair, observatory, fire tire and the Springfield sign. I was going to get duffman but his tasks look sooo boring plus I'm not the biggest fan of the way the brewery is designed.

Since we are friends...go see what I did with it. I'm planning on putting a big wooded **** compound with the observatory in the lot that I'm starting to buy. There will be trees and a winding river. I think it works well that way (I didn't like the way it looked either).

Yeah your placement was spot on, I like the way you put it by the water and frinks lab and once you complete the wooded area it's going to look great. Ill be keeping a close eye lol, can't wait to see how it turns out.

LOL well you figure out something cool to do with Krustylu Studio and we'll have some rocking towns. I have no idea what to do with that thing. Talk about a building I didn't like the look of....ugly thing.

I would love to see what people did with their Krustylu Studio since I'm stumped.
  • BlueElwood
    148 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    :-)
    I've brought the Lair, Duff Brewery. Krustylu Studios and I plan to buy the school bus and theatre. Mainly the buildings that come with extra characters :mrgreen:

Whatever I have left over I'll save for the future.

My first world Springfield problem at the moment: Buying too many premium items, not enough land :cry:
  • honest_abraham
    76 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm not too enticed to buy premium decorations. And it seems like most of you are with me on that
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited December 2012
    lissarv68 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

LOL well you figure out something cool to do with Krustylu Studio and we'll have some rocking towns. I have no idea what to do with that thing. Talk about a building I didn't like the look of....ugly thing.

I would love to see what people did with their Krustylu Studio since I'm stumped.

Hahaha totally, mines in the middle of an array of buildings, sticks out like a sore thumb. I plan on grouping it with channel six studios, once I get it but that probably won't be for a while considering the current price of land...
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    BlueElwood wrote:
    I've brought the Lair, Duff Brewery. Krustylu Studios and I plan to buy the school bus and theatre. Mainly the buildings that come with extra characters :mrgreen:

My first world Springfield problem at the moment: Buying too many premium items, not enough land :cry:

LOL! I'm going to go look. I had crammed all my new things into a corner till I started figuring out where i wanted to put them. Had to rethink some planning i had done but I think I got it now.

Melody - That's my plan too. I'm going to stick it with the News Station next to the municipal complex. Just need to figure out how to make it nice.
  • killerangl
    16 posts
    edited December 2012
    Frink's lab, Duff brewery, Kearny, a couple of Buddha homers hoping to get lucky - i didn't - and that's about it. I did this with both my towns. $40 bucks worth. At least my friends will benefit with the boost of premium content when they visit.
  • BlueElwood
    148 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    lissarv68 wrote:
    BlueElwood wrote:

LOL! I'm going to go look. I had crammed all my new things into a corner till I started figuring out where i wanted to put them. Had to rethink some planning i had done but I think I got it now.

Melody - That's my plan too. I'm going to stick it with the News Station next to the municipal complex. Just need to figure out how to make it nice.

It feels like every building of mine is crammed into a corner, or my case, corners :( Can never seen to afford land.
  • tlindfors
    604 posts
    edited December 2012
    I now have the Volcano Lair, one cannon and a blue Funzo. I think I am going to get a tree swing or ambulance also, but I am having a hard time deciding between the two...maybe I'll get both. I almost bought the Springfield sign, but I think I will wait until I sell or store some houses after this update is history. Too much rearranging involved if I get it now, but I'm still pretty tempted.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    BlueElwood wrote:

It feels like every building of mine is crammed into a corner, or my case, corners :( Can never seen to afford land.

I had to laugh when I checked your town out. The upper right and left are all spread out and then there is the bottom section, buildings on top of buildings! Too funny.

Getting land - I tried that trick where you visit each friend once, leave the town and go to another and then go back today. I have 50 friends and I made 35K. It works! You should try that.

Tlindfors - I saw the additions to your town. I've been checking out all my friends to see what people are getting and if there are ideas I want to steal....errr...I mean borrow haha.
  • teamzap17
    303 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    I had some credit lying around since last Christmas so I spent it on Volcano Lair and Krustylu Studios.

Yeah, I save my money up for long periods of time... :lol:
  • TaylorMcC13
    57 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm going to end up getting the Volcano Lair and Duff Brewery.
  • kgirl32
    462 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Going to have to wait until after Christmas and hope the money givers come through. ;)
  • lyonsek
    103 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm in total hoard mode. I'll be on a total donut high and ready to spend spend spend.
  • craiglowe511
    4 posts
    edited December 2012
    Got dr nick and still had enough for a couple of tries on the Buddha homer wheel

Attempt 1 - picket fences DAMN!

Attempt 2 - FRINKS LAB!

Can't believe it finally payed off
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Got dr nick and still had enough for a couple of tries on the Buddha homer wheel

Attempt 1 - picket fences DAMN!

Attempt 2 - FRINKS LAB!

Can't believe it finally payed off

Wow. I think you got the best one I've heard of so far. Congratulations! All I've ever gotten was a hedge...hedge...hedge. Hey that almost sounds like my weekly bonus lol. All I get are hedges but every now and then I get a fence to break it up a bit.
  • BlueElwood
    148 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    lissarv68 wrote:
    BlueElwood wrote:

I had to laugh when I checked your town out. The upper right and left are all spread out and then there is the bottom section, buildings on top of buildings! Too funny.

Getting land - I tried that trick where you visit each friend once, leave the town and go to another and then go back today. I have 50 friends and I made 35K. It works! You should try that.

Tlindfors - I saw the additions to your town. I've been checking out all my friends to see what people are getting and if there are ideas I want to steal....errr...I mean borrow haha.

OMG I know. My residential area I worked so hard on, I began working down and suddenly, oh no always broke. :shock: Hopefully I don't annoy my neighbours by my buildings being all so close :cry:
  • tlindfors
    604 posts
    edited December 2012
    lissa-my town is a bit of a hot mess right now! :P I know for sure the studios are going to be moved, probably where my purple house extravaganza is now. I am going to move the cemeteries somewhere, not sure where yet and possibly the Bad Dream House. I'm kind of liking where the Volcano Lair is, but that might not jive with my lake plans, so we shall see. Your town is bad a**, I just might be borrowing from you! 8)
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    tlindfors wrote:
    lissa-my town is a bit of a hot mess right now! :P I know for sure the studios are going to be moved, probably where my purple house extravaganza is now. I am going to move the cemeteries somewhere, not sure where yet and possibly the Bad Dream House. I'm kind of liking where the Volcano Lair is, but that might not jive with my lake plans, so we shall see. Your town is bad a**, I just might be borrowing from you! 8)

Lol blame my throw away town. I try things out there first. I'm trying to figure out how to do a mountain in my hillbilly compound I have planned. I want to put the observatory on top of it.

Any suggestions, anybody??

I finally figured out what to do with my studio. I got the idea from Superflot (but that studio is AWESOME and mine isnt as cool). I hope Superflot puts up images soon so everybody can see it.

BlueElwood - its clear that your town is a work in progress. Why would anybody be annoyed? You can see the areas that you've worked hard on and that tells you that the rest is coming too. I can't wait to see it when you are done and I'm enjoying watching it develop.
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    finally finished off my first boatload, had to get another today...bought a....drumroll....reindeer!!!! Only missing the Santa's Village and Funzo of the premium stuff, and I'm not that interested. Probably gonna spend 200-300 on premium decorations (picket fences, apple/orange trees), and save the rest for remainder of the year...in theory...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.