EA Forums - Banner

Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff: Discussion

Replies

• moonshine860
    207 posts
    edited July 2014
    rwvolture wrote:
    I still have 80's Cleveland and Adventure Peter. It's the Museum they stole from us
    It should be in your inventory along with a free pyramid and Cleveland's house.
  • fraudelong
    134 posts
    edited July 2014
    I really enjoyed the event overall. It was a bummer that King ****'s stuff started so late (I only had around 36,000 idols) but it was fun. I just hope they update with the new areas soon. I am ridiculously out of space.
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Terrible event. It changed too many times. They added king **** too late. Makes you realize how great tsto actually is.
  • mimi12810912
    96 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I didn't realize how much I rely on the walk through for tsto on the forum. I had no idea there was a "mystery box" until last night. (I know, totally my fault.) I blew most of my remaining idols on the decorations and only got to open the box once.

Overall, I liked the event. It had a great beginning and I loved the opportunity to get Cleveland.
  • subii42
    2737 posts
    edited July 2014
    110,000 thousand butts and a free quagmire plane and petercopter

Oh yeahh

That brian box helped alot at 4k butts
  • 1Mastiff
    184 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Has anyone got tasks after the event was removed? I haven't, yet I still haven't unlocked stewie, carter, mayor west and tom. Do I have to wait for some,thing to trigger?
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited July 2014
    vetteeater wrote:
    Terrible event. It changed too many times. They added king **** too late. Makes you realize how great tsto actually is.

it would of been fine if it didn't require so many idols for prizes.. it was highly geared to get you to buy stuff...

• moonshine860
    207 posts
    edited July 2014
    1Mastiff wrote:
    Has anyone got tasks after the event was removed? I haven't, yet I still haven't unlocked stewie, carter, mayor west and tom. Do I have to wait for some,thing to trigger?
    Those characters haven't been released yet. They're there as more of a placeholder/teaser kind of thing. We'll have to wait until their districts come out. Shouldn't be too much longer though.
  • cripnite
    382 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    That event was ridiculous, I'm glad to see it go. There was no way to achieve everything without spending clams or glitching the game. I even screwed up and accidentally bought a Brian sarcophagus that gave me the badonkadonk shrine that gave off 2000 butts a day and still was alike 23000 short of the final goal.

I should have just stopped trying after I got Cleveland and the two costumes, those were the only good things out of the event.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    cripnite wrote:
    That event was ridiculous, I'm glad to see it go. There was no way to achieve everything without spending clams or glitching the game. I even screwed up and accidentally bought a Brian sarcophagus that gave me the badonkadonk shrine that gave off 2000 butts a day and still was alike 23000 short of the final goal.

I should have just stopped trying after I got Cleveland and the two costumes, those were the only good things out of the event.
    Agreed. Now we're all left with an ancient egyptian themed area of Quahog. This game is already reaching pretty hard for new ideas. Lets just waste all our time next event for random star wars junk, because that makes sense. :roll:
  • velinadelinis
    2093 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    1Mastiff wrote:
    Those characters haven't been released yet. They're there as more of a placeholder/teaser kind of thing. We'll have to wait until their districts come out. Shouldn't be too much longer though.

Do you know if these characters are built into earlier levels or for new levels?
    Feels like forever going without unlocking a new character and I'm only l36.
    I am thinking about abandoning it. I just feel like I should keep giving it a chance with it still being so new.
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    1Mastiff wrote:
    For the love of all that's holy, let's hope not! All the information I've been able to gather indicates that district 8 has been in the files for months, and there have been references since day one. As for the event, I'm glad to see it go. I was sick and tired of tapping mummies, and I messed up with the jelly-yo shots, so I didn't get as far as I should have with the multipliers. Being a freemium player, I knew I'd be behind the 8-ball anyway. I guess I consider myself lucky to have gotten 50,000 idols, and some new junk for my town. Now if they could just let us get back to the actual GAME, yeah, that would be great.
  • moonshine860
    207 posts
    edited July 2014
    1Mastiff wrote:

Do you know if these characters are built into earlier levels or for new levels?
    Feels like forever going without unlocking a new character and I'm only l36.
    I am thinking about abandoning it. I just feel like I should keep giving it a chance with it still being so new.
    Right now the level system is actually pretty pointless. They serve no purpose and aren't related to the characters or buildings at all. We have to wait for tiny co to push a new district which will be district 8. As long as you have finished the quests for district 7 (Connie with the massage parlor and Tricia with the restaurant) you will be able to get the new content as soon as they release it no matter what level you're on. Supposedly district 8 stuff has been spotted in the files for a while now so I suspect it won't be too long until it's released. Tiny co has been pretty good at doing mini weekend long events and sales in between new content so there should be something's to keep you busy until then. I've enjoyed the game up until the event so I've decided to keep playing until the next event to see if they've improved things. If not I think I might give up on them.
  • moonshine860
    207 posts
    edited July 2014
    1Mastiff wrote:
    For the love of all that's holy, let's hope not! All the information I've been able to gather indicates that district 8 has been in the files for months, and there have been references since day one. As for the event, I'm glad to see it go. I was sick and tired of tapping mummies, and I messed up with the jelly-yo shots, so I didn't get as far as I should have with the multipliers. Being a freemium player, I knew I'd be behind the 8-ball anyway. I guess I consider myself lucky to have gotten 50,000 idols, and some new junk for my town. Now if they could just let us get back to the actual GAME, yeah, that would be great.
    I'm pretty happy to see the event gone too. And I hope they release the next district soon as I was really enjoyin the game up until the event hit. I wasn't going to get all the prizes despite all the grinding I did. But I took advantage of a last minute glitch that enabled me to defeat king **** a bunch of times and finish the event. I don't normally use glitches and such to my favor but my game was riddled with bugs and glitches the whole event and that affected my ability to earn idols. Had things worked the way they were supposed to I probably could've finished so that's how I'm rationalizing the whole thing.
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    1Mastiff wrote:
    I'm pretty happy to see the event gone too. And I hope they release the next district soon as I was really enjoyin the game up until the event hit. I wasn't going to get all the prizes despite all the grinding I did. But I took advantage of a last minute glitch that enabled me to defeat king **** a bunch of times and finish the event. I don't normally use glitches and such to my favor but my game was riddled with bugs and glitches the whole event and that affected my ability to earn idols. Had things worked the way they were supposed to I probably could've finished so that's how I'm rationalizing the whole thing.

I don't mind exploiting a glitch. It's not the same as having a hacked game. I'm sure we'll get an update soon to compete with the Tapped Out update. TinyCo has to make some money. I just hope the next update will not be mostly clam-driven like the last event.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Exploiting a glitch isn't hacking, but it is a form of cheating. I've done it once in TQFS because I was going crazy enough to pull out an eye! (hint hint lol) I prefer not to cheat, and play games honestly, but I do value sanity. I was low on sanity. :)

Oh, btw, I don't condemn anyone for using the glitch. The only times I *HATE* cheating is in multiplayer. Otherwise, have fun the way you want to. :)
  • moonshine860
    207 posts
    edited July 2014
    Yeah I think it's cheating too. It's the first time I've ever done it. I even got all my headbands and eyeballs the good old fashioned way. That's why I'm rationalizing it by tellig myself that they basically "owed" me idols after my game was riddled with glitches that prevented me from earning them as I was supposed to. And yes, as a call of duty player I know what it's like to play against someone who is obviously cheating so cheating in a multiplayer game is definitely off limits. I figure I didn't affect anyone's game but my own. I don't care when anyone else cheats in their game, and I know plenty of others used the same glitch I did, but I still feel a small twinge of guilt about it.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited July 2014
    Something very fishy going on with the FG game, Unlocked Rambo Lois and Tricia and they only had one listed task in a quest, one task, nothing more, kinda confused as to what's going on. Bit wierd. Glad the event is over, the only thing i will miss from the event is the clams that the mumies occasionally gave out. Apart from that, TFIO! Biggest issue with the game right now is they REALLY need to open up some new districts and characters. I've seen a few people asking if Stewie has been released, i wish he was, along with Tom Tucker and Adam West. Also, i agree 100% about calls for more land to become available, unlocked my last bit of land last week, re-designed my town to expand it into those areas, but, even with my town condensed and tidied up, i've still run out, the odd sizes of the buildings really spoil the chance to give us some really nice layouts. Just my thoughts though
  • moonshine860
    207 posts
    edited July 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    Something very fishy going on with the FG game, Unlocked Rambo Lois and Tricia and they only had one listed task in a quest, one task, nothing more, kinda confused as to what's going on. Bit wierd. Glad the event is over, the only thing i will miss from the event is the clams that the mumies occasionally gave out. Apart from that, TFIO! Biggest issue with the game right now is they REALLY need to open up some new districts and characters. I've seen a few people asking if Stewie has been released, i wish he was, along with Tom Tucker and Adam West. Also, i agree 100% about calls for more land to become available, unlocked my last bit of land last week, re-designed my town to expand it into those areas, but, even with my town condensed and tidied up, i've still run out, the odd sizes of the buildings really spoil the chance to give us some really nice layouts. Just my thoughts though
    I know Tricia only had a one task quest. I can't quite remember if Rambo Lois did or not. Anyway when I asked about Tricia on another forum someone told me that she would have an additional quest line once Tom tucker is released. I don't know how true it is though. And we do need more land. I keep trying to redesign to fit it all in the way I want and it's not going well. And parking lots...I need to have parking lots. I have a bit of a problem with overusing them in my SF but I need some in my quahog.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I agree completely. They need to open up more districts and give us something to really do.

Besides that, I have to say that TSTO's Conform-O-Meter does a lot for the game. It gives you goals when you don't have quests. It populates us with a few too many Kwik-E-Marts, but at least it gives us goals.

And one thing I'm sure will come in time is decorations. We need more so we can make it look good, and different ground types, like concrete and maybe dirt. Parking spaces. Ability to put cars on roads (TSTO needs that too). And I'm sure a lot more I'm just not thinking of at the moment.