EA Forums - Banner

New to the game...

Prev1
Most will probably tell ya to house farm blues. I'm not too sure what the best building is for earning cash though.

Replies

• KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited July 2014
    I dont enjoy doing house farms, and hate the ones that are all piled on top of each other. I do have 2 columns of 10 of brown houses but I considered it more of a subdivision looked I wanted that so many cities now do of putting up prefab houses that all look the same.

As I span out my SF, I plan on increasing the subdivision around the Simpsons home as well though.

Edit: Horrible wording due to phone's autocorrect.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • moonshine860
    207 posts
    edited July 2014
    Welcome to the forum! You mean like as a house farm? A lot of people use the blue houses. I'm not sure how often they pay out. But really it depends on your play schedule. The brown houses pay out every five minutes so if your playing a lot then that's your best bet. The white houses pay out every twelve hours so if you can only check your game a couple times a day then go with that. Check the info tab on all the house to see how often they pay out and figure out what would work for you. Also not sure if you have any donuts or plan to get any but all the premium buildings pay a higher amount and so do the characters that go with them.
  • gypcandrews
    114 posts
    edited July 2014
    House farms are eye sores IMHO , there are so many different ways to cash in, that again IMHO , are unnecessary.
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited July 2014
    Welcome to the forum and to the game! Now all buildings give money and the higher you get the more money they give. But if you want to farm blue houses are the way to go. But putting them in rows is a real eye sore so I house blue farms but make them look good. I have a bunch of blue houses scattered all over the place so it does not look like house farming. But in the beginning I did the eye sore house farm and it did help a lot at first but now with all the buildings I have I dont really need to anymore.
  • FarmerCyn
    235 posts
    edited July 2014
    The question is how often do you want to log in.

The Simpson house is the best earner in the game if you want to tap every 45 seconds, but you can only have one and who wants to tap every 45 seconds anyway.

The brown house is next at every 5 minutes, and I'll admit I still have like 10 of them for neighbors who are unlucky enough to come by right after I clear, but every 5 minutes gets old fast. For those I just need a little more to get the next building they are nice.

Even the next 2 houses, the purple at 3 hours and the pink at 6 hours, tend to have to short a turn over rate for most house farmers. I have a few neighbors that run large blocks of them, but they usually also have larger blocks of blue houses.

The blue house at 8 hours doesn't earn as much as pink and purple but logging in 3 times a day is much more manageable.

White houses makes even less at 12 hours, and if you miss your times, they have a problem that the tapping time creeps thru the day.

I do have a few neighbors that run orange house farms because at 16 hours you only have to log in once a day, but they again make less for the time and are quite pricey for the beginner farmer.

If you wish to farm start with brown and work your way up to the time that works for you. Remember the longer the timer the less the return per hour. This is true for buildings and tasks.

Welcome to forums and happy tapping :)
  • bmxbiker4646
    111 posts
    edited July 2014
    A good way to earn money is to have a high bonus multiplier. Premium items and decorations give you a bonus percentage of money on all jobs. I have a bunch of cop cars because it adds a 2% bonus. Also the premium characters are good as they give you 50% bonus for their jobs.
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited July 2014
    A good way to earn money is to have a high bonus multiplier. Premium items and decorations give you a bonus percentage of money on all jobs. I have a bunch of cop cars because it adds a 2% bonus. Also the premium characters are good as they give you 50% bonus for their jobs.

Except most new players wouldnt immediatatly put money on a game they just started playing because if they end up not liking it well, then I'm sure they wouldnt be too happy about that now would they?
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Most will probably tell ya to house farm blues. I'm not too sure what the best building is for earning cash though.

It varies by what amount of time you can put into the game. Brown or purple houses are good earners and make a profit faster, blues and whites not as fast but in the long run will give better returns with less effort.

The best answer is probably mixed farming. You can always sell them or store the brown houses taking them out for events only.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    trinser30 wrote:
    I am new to the game.....What is the best building to build as a money earner...?? :?:

Blue or white houses long term, brown houses short term. Browns earn back in a couple of days and it helps if you send your characters on 1-hour quests to keep yourself glued to your town and tapping on the houses.
  • pinklittlebirdie
    867 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I take the position that the time money and space spent on making a house farm is equivalent to just building the storyline buildings or creating neighborhoods naturally (you buy a few extra houses to complete a street, or you buy an extra kwik e Mart for aesthetics rather than money
  • jgl_fan539
    15 posts
    edited July 2014
    Really depends on how you play. Are you a "whole day in the game tap every couple of minutes" kind of person or a "I'll check back after work in 8 hours" kind of person? General consensus is house farming via Brown Houses or Blue Houses is the best. I have a lot of Blue houses myself, but after a while got planted a whole lotta other type of houses too just for variety sake.
  • cogitoergosum8
    455 posts
    edited July 2014
    KrisV wrote:
    I dont enjoy doing house farms, and hate the ones that are all piled on top of each other. I do have 2 columns of 10 of brown houses but I considered it more of a subdivision looked I wanted that so many cities down of performing prefab houses that all look the same.

As I span out my SF, I plan on increasing the subdivision around the Simpsons home as well though.

I try to do the same. I think small groups of house farms, if creatively done, can look good. I think the developers intended for us to build more than one of each house. It doesn't make sense that a town with so many people would only have a few houses. I like to do suburbs/neighborhoods. I normally have a sort of "impoverished" area in my town (which is in my forest area) with a group of brown houses, Nelson's, CCL's, and Cletus' houses. Then, I have the middle class-upper middle class suburbs which are the rest of the houses and also the Simpsons, Flanders, Wiggum, and Skinner houses. Then, there are the big manors/manses/mansions/estates/whatever you want to call them. I keep each group separate from the other.

If the OP wants to have lots of houses to make money with, but to keep a nice looking Springfield, putting lots of trees, shrubs, and flowers in the neighborhoods makes it look a lot nicer (it will also raise your treehugger rating, which earns you more $). Also, fences for yards and the occasional lawn chair will help make it more realistic/lived-in. What I personally don't like are the giant blocks of endless houses piled on top of one another, with no yards, streets, trees, or any kind of logical organization. I'm not trying to judge people's towns or anything. I just am kind of meticulous about my town and that look is not for me. If the OP wants to make quick money that way though, you can always just do it temporarily, then put the houses in storage or spruce it up after you earn a lot of money.
  • bmxbiker4646
    111 posts
    edited July 2014
    KrisV wrote:

Except most new players wouldnt immediatatly put money on a game they just started playing because if they end up not liking it well, then I'm sure they wouldnt be too happy about that now would they?

@KrisV Oh yeah sorry man, you're right
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited July 2014
    KrisV wrote:

@KrisV Oh yeah sorry man, you're right

I only started back around March or so and I didnt put any money til this past week to get the Stonecutters stuff. It wasnt cause I still wasnt sure about the game its just I finally wanted something from the game, but like the Family Guy game, I started off liking it more the the Simpsons but as I played the Simpsons more, it shifted to where I play this mostly now, not even my other games like The Impossible Game, Plague Inc, New Frontiers, Fruit Ninja,etc. get touched because I play this so much lol. And FG's stupid pyramid event made me hate the game. So I would be highly upset if I spent money on that game.

Now if they very much enjoy the game like pretty much all of us do then yeah its worth spending some money to get the prem stuff. I'm gonna start doing scratchers to try to get more. But anyways never good for a new player on a free game to rush into buying stuff if they dont like it awhile down the road(I guess its a good thing his first event wasnt Easter like mine was lol)
  • DamnedDonuts
    231 posts
    edited July 2014
    If your gonna house farm (though I don't) I would say pick a building that has a payout time that works with your schedule for example the white houses payout every twelve hours. Otherwise if that's not a constraint then I recommend picking whatever you find most appealing to look at cuz they will grate on your nerves over time and more so if you think they are ugly.

Btw, Welcome to our world, hope you don't have a busy social calendar. You may need to cut back to make time for this game. 8)

• bmxbiker4646
    111 posts
    edited July 2014
    @KrisV I hear ya man, I totally understand
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    depends how often you can check the game

if you're on it all day non-stop then go for brown houses

eventually you'll move to blue
  • crazyinsanity82
    116 posts
    edited July 2014
    trinser30 wrote:
    I am new to the game.....What is the best building to build as a money earner...?? :?:

Many tappers do the 'house farm' thing, but I have had success without it. As you complete quests and participate in events, and maybe buy a few premium items, you will earn more characters and buildings. I find that character tasks and visiting a full friends list daily are the best ways to earn money. Once you reach max FP from visiting friends, you earn triple cash with a chance of a donut for each tap at a friend's town. Build your friend list up as quickly as you can and check in multiple times daily to collect on your buildings and tasks. Assign tasks for an amount of time that suits how often you are able to log in. I also suggest getting through the quests asap and focusing on building the items which unlock characters before items that dont. IMHO, there is no 'best building' and earning money is a combination of many things.
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    trinser30 wrote:
    Houses are the way to go but it kind of depends on your real life schedule. I will give an example. If a house takes 4 hours to collect but you can only go in and play every 8 hours don't build a farm of 4 hour houses do 8 hour. You need to build your farm out of houses you can collect on every time they hit to make the most out of a farm.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    trinser30 wrote:

Hello and welcome to the forum/TSTO! You are in for a lot of fun! Much good advice was given. I suggest slow and steady without house farming. Again, welcome to the forum and happy tapping!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.