EA Forums - Banner

Would you play TSTO is it had no S

Replies

• lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I only watched a few episodes of Family Guy, so even though I downloaded the game, I don't enjoy it as much as TSTO as I have watched most of the Simpsons episodes.

I have watched all Futurama episodes (include those direct-to-DVD episodes)... So I look forward to play TFTO (The Futurama Tapped Out) in future, lol :roll:
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • nicholasd30
    6646 posts
    edited July 2014
    I would say yes cos I've stuck with this fame for two years so I would give it a go.
  • MrJuanMata
    5343 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    No way
  • DamnedDonuts
    231 posts
    edited July 2014
    KrisV wrote:
    KrisV wrote:
    I'm wanting a South Park version made so I would say yes.

If you reread the first post it says Simpsons or other show. It's just random generic nothingness vs trademarked and beloved known characters/shows.

So you should have said NO.

As homer would say. D'oh! :lol:

The poll just said with no simpsons. Just cause Ratman said that doesnt mean it was implied in his poll also :P

Fair enough I suppose.

That's actually highlights an issue I've always found with poll threads on here.

The poll should come after the first post/ explanation. I think we've all answered the poll to then realize after reading the detailed question at hand that we would have voted different.

I'm sure EA will get right on this in no time. 8)
  • jgl_fan539
    15 posts
    edited July 2014
    I played a couple of TSTO like games on the iOS, pretty much featured the same system - free to play, build town, cash payment for premium events, but without Simpsons characters, fun animation and the game's snarky sense of humor I pretty much lost interest soon.
    There was the Smurfs game, which was cute, but I didn't watch as much, so didn't feel any connection to stuff. There was the Oregon Trail: American Settler game, which was pretty much all Original characters. But only one character can do things, which made for limiting playing soon. Plus the premium items only gave bonuses to buildings NEAR it, which made for a very limiting town designing experience.
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited July 2014

I tried that Family Guy game and nowhere does it hold a candle even close to the Simpsons: Tapped Out.
    I actually like the FG game because I love the show but there is no where near the amount of expansion that is available in TSTO. Simpsons has way more characters to offer and that makes for more fun. FG has already had to add a non show related character.
  • Corrcorrcorr
    1139 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    I'd say no, I typically don't play these types of games, so it has to be relatable. If it was by Nintendo, then definitely. If it's Family Guy (already have it) then yes. But just random characters? Nope. DC/Marvel/Xmen? Nope.

Game of Thrones..? That'd be a good one, I'd get that.

Yes if it would be game of thrones :D now I really want that! Other than that no. I really despise the family guy one..
  • 88KEYS62
    200 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I tried that Family Guy game and nowhere does it hold a candle even close to the Simpsons: Tapped Out.

+ 1 billion :!:
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    I hate the family guy game. So I am gonna go with no. I like these characters.
  • crosby357
    3051 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Maybe, but most likely not.
  • yukongirl123
    15173 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Absolutely not. Its the Simpsond brand that makes this game.....
  • jclancy959
    503 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    If it was a game that had the rights to major real life businesses, then yes but with not nearly as much time.

Anything else probably not.
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Got the game because of the simpsons, and really would not be investing so much real $$ if not for the fact I love these characters...
  • FarmerCyn
    235 posts
    edited July 2014
    I'm a yes. My name is FarmerCyn because I basically think of all these game as farming because I started with FarmVille. I resisted playing this game because it was branded, but it was heavily advertised in a couple games I was playing, so I thought why not. Here I am over a year later a few hundred dollars poorer. I love the humor of the game.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Maybe but it would be no way near as fun as it is now! :-)
  • ZennGlenn
    1781 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm going to admit, I am a sucker for copyrighted content. If the Simpsons were Pokemon or South Park or American Dad or whatever, instead? Sure. If no videogame or TV show link, most likely not.

Pretty much in agreement most comments & clicked 'maybe';
    Quality of TappedOut is tops compared to other games such as F-Guy (no offense to TinyCo & their cute name) but I'd probably really dig TappedOut versions of F-Guy, S.Park, Star Wars, Star Trek, & of course, Futurama 8)
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    No. I'm only playing b/c I'm an old Simpsons fan. Designing and collecting stuff has been fun, but I would not be interested minus the Simpsons characters and stories to support the gameplay.
  • orionsbell
    478 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm sure it seems obvious, but this would be great with Mickey's Toon Town! The Disney stable of characters is massive and would sustain upwards of 100 levels with free and premium content.

Please EA? Please?
    BTW: My Springfield circa Winter 2014: orionsbell.com/simpsons/Winter2014.png
  • velinadelinis
    2093 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I've played other games with a similar model to TSTO and they were fun for a couple weeks maybe even a month or two but after that it just got old. However I dont feel those games had the same balance as TSTO does with regards to freemium versus premium content and certainly didn't have as many level updates, events, etc. So it's hard to say. I would give it a try but I don't think it would last nearly as long as I've been playing this game.

I have to agree here. I have played similar games but tired of them after a few months.
    Also my real friends never played the others, I have been enjoying my real friends with TSTO, hec one of them told me to look at the game.
    I think i forgot what the other games were like with the premium stuff it yeah. At least you can really play TSTO with a sense of accomplishment.
    I'm not a real gamer, this is my most social game haha
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited July 2014
    Wouldn't it be called TSTOWNS then? :wink: . Anyhow I answered no. I tried the Family Guy game but as I've only ever watched 2-3 episodes the in-game characters, town, etc, meant nothing to me. So I deleted it. I can't imagine anyone playing these games if you are not a fan already.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.