EA Forums - Banner

I love how Lincoln is available for the 3rd time! Limited Item? not much

Prev1
Remember when people used to try to argue that limited time meant one time only? I was glad to prove them very wrong.
My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord

Replies

• efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Remember when people used to try to argue that limited time meant one time only? I was glad to prove them very wrong.

That still hasn't stopped people from complaining about limited time stuff being available, every time someone wants stuff that hasn't been available in months the old argument comes back
  • LPNintendoITA
    11622 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    not arguing here just stating a fact =p
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited July 2014

Yeah, that was silly. Though, on the other hand, I wouldn't count on everything being re-released, either.
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I hope Gil can offer some good old limited-time rare items as well.
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    lee67628 wrote:
    I hope Gil can offer some good old limited-time rare items as well.
    That would be a good way to bring items back without waiting for a tie-in excuse that might never come.
  • jusesp3914672
    57 posts
    edited July 2014
    It's been available a total of 39 days over the last year, since when is that not a limited time?
  • nbpinkr2010
    232 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Sure wish they'd re-limited-release the cool brown house... :wink:
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    meanwhile cool stuff like waterfall is never there! :? and that was free

to me the problem with stuff like lincolns cabin is that we need more land...a cabin like this needs at LEAST 4 squares of land so that it is surrounded by forest
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    It's been available a total of 39 days over the last year, since when is that not a limited time?

Yes limited in that it only available during select (or limited) times of the year.
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Yes limited things do come back but always at a cost! The Duff Racer was given at first for free but came back for a large amount of cash! Most times they come back for donuts and that is always the big outcry!

EA knows newbies see all this great stuff in their freinds towns and want it! That is a cash cow for EA and they will exploit it!

Next time you beg for something to be brought back keep in mind it WILL cost you!

A big problem is how easy it is to amass a huge cash fund (house farming ) etc. Ea knows this and will rarely rerelease for cash!

• gregbuc350
    198 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Mapple store.....that is all.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited July 2014
    Lincoln might not be the only one
    If they return this Halloween will be the 3rd time being released for
    Marge the Witch, Devil Flanders, Maude and the Fortuneteller shop
  • Lusitanian
    7 posts
    edited July 2014
    I have literally every character in the game except for Fink's robo-dog. Missed the episode tie-in and never got the chance again. Would be very happy if he ever was re-released.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    What I really do not understand, from a business point of view, is having greyed out tasks for a building I cannot buy. And I think in some cases for buildings I never got a chance to buy. Is this because they think it will build up the desire for me to buy that building when/if it comes back? Why not just put it in the game to buy? Maybe at a larger price than what others payed originally.
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    rolybert7 wrote:
    Yes limited things do come back but always at a cost! The Duff Racer was given at first for free but came back for a large amount of cash! Most times they come back for donuts and that is always the big outcry!

EA knows newbies see all this great stuff in their freinds towns and want it! That is a cash cow for EA and they will exploit it!

Next time you beg for something to be brought back keep in mind it WILL cost you!

A big problem is how easy it is to amass a huge cash fund (house farming ) etc. Ea knows this and will rarely rerelease for cash!

I've just had a brilliant idea.

THE COOL BROWN HOUSE IS STUPID. I WOULD NOT PAY ANY AMOUNT OF DONUTS, OR WASTE MY IN-GAME CASH ON SUCH A LAME BUILDING. :wink::mrgreen:
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    jae_bazz wrote:
    rolybert7 wrote:

THE COOL BROWN HOUSE IS STUPID. I WOULD NOT PAY ANY AMOUNT OF DONUTS, OR WASTE MY IN-GAME CASH ON SUCH A LAME BUILDING. :wink::mrgreen:

I have to disagree. The house is good, but Homer's skin that comes with it is awesome. I have most of his skins (just missing Myan and Ninja) and Cool Homer is my favorite with 4 great visual tasks.
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    What I really do not understand, from a business point of view, is having greyed out tasks for a building I cannot buy. And I think in some cases for buildings I never got a chance to buy. Is this because they think it will build up the desire for me to buy that building when/if it comes back? Why not just put it in the game to buy? Maybe at a larger price than what others payed originally.

Are you referring to the Mapple Store? That is a unique case. Originally it was released during the iOS only days, and the theory goes that it got yanked once the game was ported to android due to contract issues. If correct that was a very solid business decision by EA. I think a re-release of any other building would be possible.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    KillaSqirl wrote:

Are you referring to the Mapple Store? That is a unique case. Originally it was released during the iOS only days, and the theory goes that it got yanked once the game was ported to android due to contract issues. If correct that was a very solid business decision by EA. I think a re-release of any other building would be possible.

No, I meant like CBG having tasks at buildings not for sale.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    The episode tie ins are the only true limited time items - and they can even return if they appear in a new episode (Swanky Fish). Those are the things worth grabbing, as the holiday stuff tends to come back.
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    KillaSqirl wrote:
    jae_bazz wrote:
    rolybert7 wrote:

I have to disagree. The house is good, but Homer's skin that comes with it is awesome. I have most of his skins (just missing Myan and Ninja) and Cool Homer is my favorite with 4 great visual tasks.

Oh I agree with you. It was a lame attempt at reverse psychology re: Rolybert's comment that the things people want most are often the most expensive. :P
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.