EA Forums - Banner

High yield neighbors

Prev13
Tonight I got all the way through my 100 friends three times, tapping once each go, while tapping in and out of high-premium players as I came across them. I got around $233K+. This is getting insane.

Replies

• rs876
    874 posts
    edited December 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    Tonight I got all the way through my 100 friends three times, tapping once each go, while tapping in and out of high-premium players as I came across them. I got around $233K+. This is getting insane.

Remember when you had to save money for like a week to get a building that was $50,000?
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    rs876 wrote:
    sonny1618 wrote:

Remember when you had to save money for like a week to get a building that was $50,000?

Inorite?

But this game completely changes as you max out on levels, XP and achieve all the quests. Updates take on new significance, you tend to send characters on tasks that look cool rather than earn money and thinking about grand re-designs and buying land becomes the new objectives. It'll be interesting to see how much I play and enjoy the game in a month or two.
  • butterfly660
    229 posts
    edited December 2012
    What do you guys do with all that moolah?! I have like 300k saved just from regular jobs and stuff and theres nothing to buy even :[
  • MacJiggles
    326 posts
    edited December 2012
    What do you guys do with all that moolah?! I have like 300k saved just from regular jobs and stuff and theres nothing to buy even :[

You mean you have Every square inch of land purchased??
  • rs876
    874 posts
    edited December 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    rs876 wrote:
    sonny1618 wrote:

Inorite?

But this game completely changes as you max out on levels, XP and achieve all the quests. Updates take on new significance, you tend to send characters on tasks that look cool rather than earn money and thinking about grand re-designs and buying land becomes the new objectives. It'll be interesting to see how much I play and enjoy the game in a month or two.

That's where I'm at right now. Before I would be broke after 2 days in lags between updates because I would just collect money until I had enough to buy one plot of land. Buy it, be down to $0 and go back to making money. Tonight, I didn't even go through my friends because I have $300,000 and don't feel like buying more land considering 1/3 of my Springfield is just water because I have nothing to put there.
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012

I just bought another strip of land. Cost about $400K, have about that left over. I'm surrounding my town with a moat as I buy up more land. I like the design of my town as it's grown from the beginning and taking the restrictions of land into account. Once we get the next update and I've got a ton of land to play with I'll do an entire redesign from scratch (there's no way I can do it now with all the snow about).
    rs876 wrote:
    Before I would be broke after 2 days in lags between updates because I would just collect money until I had enough to buy one plot of land. Buy it, be down to $0 and go back to making money. Tonight, I didn't even go through my friends because I have $300,000 and don't feel like buying more land considering 1/3 of my Springfield is just water because I have nothing to put there.

Yup, I'm in the same place. This was the first time I'd visited anyone in a few days.
  • MacJiggles
    326 posts
    edited December 2012
    sonny... I'd love to get a look at your springfield... I just sent u an invite... dunno if you have any spots left or can boot someone so i can have a look <?>
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    Annoying that we can't see other people's towns without being friends isn't it?

I'm all booked up but there are a few forum members I still want to connect with so go ahead and send the invite. I'm not sure when but I'll get around to booting off a few unlucky mofos and squeeze you in at some point.

It's getting harder and harder to do though. The farmers were gone weeks ago and pretty much everyone in my neighbourhood has a nice town or is from the forum these days. At some point there's going to be no more wiggle room.

My Springfield's not even that interesting to be honest. :?
  • rs876
    874 posts
    edited December 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:

I'm all booked up but there are a few forum members I still want to connect with so go ahead and send the invite. I'm not sure when but I'll get around to booting off a few unlucky mofos and squeeze you in at some point.

It's getting harder and harder to do though. The farmers were gone weeks ago and pretty much everyone in my neighbourhood has a nice town or is from the forum these days. At some point there's going to be no more wiggle room.

The moat. I am thinking about making a huge lake in the middle and putting all my buildings on the outskirts. Of course, after it turns green again.
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    rs876 wrote:
    sonny1618 wrote:

The moat. I am thinking about making a huge lake in the middle and putting all my buildings on the outskirts. Of course, after it turns green again.

That's a cool idea. I like the way MoopsDude just tears up the rulebook. Loads of my connections have seriously creative towns, I'd like to see how it filters through to my future metropolis.
  • rs876
    874 posts
    edited December 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    rs876 wrote:
    sonny1618 wrote:

That's a cool idea. I like the way MoopsDude just tears up the rulebook. Loads of my connections have seriously creative towns, I'd like to see how it filters through to my future metropolis.

The one night when I was doing a redesign, I got tired after putting the buildings in storage so I just build a little island and 2 blocks of road for the characters that don't go away and Homer's house. The rest of my 10x8 was water. When are you planning your future town? We are neighbors so I will be checking.
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    Well not until the Great Thaw at least. There'll probably be some new buildings to take care of too.
    Then it will be a matter of thinking about it a lot, so I'd say at least a month. I might do some re-jigging in the meantime but we'll see. It'll probably be pretty static for a while as I just concentrate on accumulating land.
  • joeyransdell
    120 posts
    edited December 2012
    I still have about 2 1/2 strips of land left. But I too am without much to put on them. I just broke down and bought the $40 iTunes deal and dropped the Springfield sign and some other items that I had put off as non-essentials. The rest will serve me when updates come around.

Once I can buy all available land, I will build bankroll of $1M and then stop being so task-driven and just rearrange my town until I am totally content. Which will likely be never...
  • Wait4lt
    196 posts
    edited December 2012
    I tried doing the money making friend thing and I could not for the life of me get thru it. It got so repetitive, I just gave up and did it normally...I'm so lazy lol
  • theboymac180
    90 posts
    edited December 2012
    Ok what's going on lol, or more to the point what am I doing wrong!?

I visit 2 high premium friends alternately for around halh hour. Must be 100 visits

Then I go through the whole lot one at a time collecting just once then onto the next and so on.

300 alternating visits later my grand total is.?

Wait for it!!

A massive 110,00 I'm like ****

The most I get from a single tap at the end was 430 a tap

Seen people claiming 1500 a tap

My question is how???
  • Zombies8MyDingo
    209 posts
    edited December 2012
    Lately I can't get through all my friends without the game crashing, must be the original ipad's low memory. Frustrating..
  • josh4908
    801 posts
    edited December 2012
    I tried it today. Got halfway through and then everyone starts texting me. Try a bit later and about hslfway through phone call. Then the 20% battery.
  • theboymac180
    90 posts
    edited December 2012
    Lately I can't get through all my friends without the game crashing, must be the original ipad's low memory. Frustrating..

I use an iPad 2 on wifi .. It's fine IF I keep it on mute

Using an iPhone 4 is no good for me
  • Philbowen
    120 posts
    edited December 2012
    Same for me, I have a fair amount of property now (without creating a farm look) and just bank up money to buy land in strips at a time then having a slight redesign. I want to keep some cash back for future updates.
  • petergeenen
    948 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Ok what's going on lol, or more to the point what am I doing wrong!?

I visit 2 high premium friends alternately for around halh hour. Must be 100 visits

Then I go through the whole lot one at a time collecting just once then onto the next and so on.

300 alternating visits later my grand total is.?

Wait for it!!

A massive 110,00 I'm like ****

The most I get from a single tap at the end was 430 a tap

Seen people claiming 1500 a tap

My question is how???

Are you yourself a premium player?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.