EA Forums - Banner

Help me understand this logic....

Replies

  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    How both this way paid for dessert won't let you in the door too eat it. "Logging on"

    Damn...did you have a word with the chefs yet or are the ma?tre 'ds preventing you from dining?
  • toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited July 2014
    How about we change the analogy...

    Let's say EA is giving away free, very dry and highly addictive crackers. You can have as many as you want.

    But, beverages will cost you about $20 each.

    My only complaint really is not that we have to pay, and believe me, I have paid my share, but that the prices are absurd and keep getting higher.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    People have brought up a lot of very valid points in this thread, but there are things in this game don't really make sense such as the price inflation for premium content, and the tilt towards having more premium items during events compared to events during the first year. This doesn't bother me enough to complain because ultimately I enjoy this game a lot, and in the bigger picture this isn't really much of an issue for me.

    However this should concern premium players, because ultimately that's more money coming out of your pockets. I guess at the moment the inflation isn't that bothersome to you guys, but if you know how economics work you should see more inflation fallowing what we already have. Let's hope that doesn't happen too soon for your wallets sake. I can't see too many people becoming overly generous over a game.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • ayyezajac
    138 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    But, if you're going to pay for dessert, don't you want the best dessert for what you're paying?
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I like the point the OP made, personally. The level of complaints is immense... But that is the way it always is at official game forums. At an official game forum, the developers can never do anything right. If a single pixel is changed, they will get 80% complaints and 20% compliments. The negative is always the more vocal group.

    The only problem I have is that I think the donuts are a bit expensive. $5 hardly gets you anything, and that's 5 times the price of many great game apps. If it wouldn't upset many people who have already bought donuts, and rightfully so, I'd say to lower the price of them.
  • starshipvi49
    1129 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    If there not serving the desserts you like, try another shop. Seems stupid to keep complaining .
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited July 2014
    The analogy is right but the problem is the price. That's why lately the trend of "ingame purchases" has been adopted a lot, they make much more money. With $10 you don't even get enough donuts for most char-build combos, so you have to pay more than that for a single character, and there are a lot in this game, and a lot of them are added every month with events and levelups. There are people who have spent more than $500 for this game. Now you can see the big deal about ingame purchases. When the android/iOS era began, full paid apps were under $5, now they tell you the game is free to play, and with $5 you can buy a third of a character. I won't eat the dessert, thanks.
  • kingmob31838
    519 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm sure there's some term for it in economics or whatever, but it's like EA made a game that's far more generous than other tappy games and the moment they don't splurge people get angry. I'm sure there's far less complaints for games that were far less generous from the beginning. It's a really unpleasant part of being human.

    Free donuts, a Freemium town that could look better than Premium towns, great, regular events...what more could you want?
  • cogitoergosum8
    455 posts
    edited July 2014
    This game has BY FAR the most FREE content that can be earned/bought without purchasing anything extra that you can find.

    Most "free to play" games have a catch with something stupid like a level cap, VERY limited character selection, or are basically TRIAL games to get you to buy the full version. This game offers EVERY level, EVERY event, and EVERYTHING that is free to premium players to those who wish to not buy donuts.

    Basically players like myself which have spent 100's of dollars on this game KEEP THE FREE CONTENT COMING TO THOSE WHO COMPLAIN.

    EXACTLY.

    I wonder how many of the people who complain constantly, would complain if they charged $5.99 for the game to play(like Walking Dead was charging when it first came out, no idea if it is still that much, but no way in hell was I going to pay for an app game).

    Sure the prices are somewhat high for some of the premium content, but no one is forcing those people to purchase either, and to be fair, this game is way cheaper. I have other app games where some premium content costs MORE than what they offer for the $99.99 package of premium currency. To get the highest premium content, one would have to shell out $109.98 to outright purchase it(thats 1 $99.99 to get 50,000 premium currency, and then $9.99 to get 2,500 premium currency). You need 52,000 of the premium currency to get the item. Sure one could save up as you did level up quickly(get 10 premium currency per level up), and you had side quests that tended to give anywhere between 50-250 in premium currency, but on their own forums, someone calculated that one would have to save every single premium currency from the beginning of the game to level 56 and then finish every single quest from the beginning to level 56, and based on the time, it would take 7 months to do it.

    I bought donuts because I wanted to(hell I like to occasionally speed up some tasks because I hate having to have several characters tied up for 12-24 hours at a time like some of the tasks require, or waiting an entire day fro a building to build). Do I think its ridicoulous, nope. Its a freemium game, thats to be expected.

    Honestly, other games that came out around the same time as this game, have all died as well. People should be happy this game is still going, because many app games that were huge a year ago have either 1) died off without ever having an official ending point, 2) gotten so big that they made the later levels so impossibly hard, many quit(Candy Crush is a good example of this) or 3) simply quit being updated, leaving thousands of players maxed out without finishing the game.

    First of all, I'm not sure who the OP is addressing. Has there been a lot of complaining lately? I know it happens from time to time, but I haven't seen much lately. Anyways, "The Walking Dead Game" (Android/iOS) from Telltale is $5 an episode, so $25 in all if you buy all the episodes separately. They do offer a season pass however, that gives you the entire game for $15. I got Season 1 on sale on Steam for my PC for $5, which was awesome. The second season was $25 though (no sale), but worth it to me. I bought "The Wolf Among Us" on my Kindle HDX for $15, but it was totally worth it too. I think that TSTO and TWAU/TWD are too different to compare. To some people, it's worth it because they really like the game, to others, it's not. TSTO is no different.

    I agree with your points though. I don't understand the complaining either. I think things can be individually overpriced at times, and I have no problem saying so, but my issue is never with the premium gameplay in general. I like that they offer premium stuff. It feels good to save up money for the game and buy some donuts. I keep a small TSTO budget for this purpose. Basically, the premium stuff affords some of us the option to make our games more interesting if we're willing to pay. It's a free market (in America) and someone's gotta pay for the continued updating and development of the game. NOTHING is completely free, but this game can be if you want it to. People just shouldn't fault the developers for wanting to make a profit. That's the entire point of business. To supply a demand and to make a profit. The entitlement attitude of some people can be alarming. The mentality boils down to this: "how dare a company seek compensation for its work?". :roll:

    Not a very well-thought out criticism, in my opinion.
  • cogitoergosum8
    455 posts
    edited July 2014
    baddazoner wrote:
    i am a premium player but i think there would be less complaints if they set a standard price.

    60 donuts for a individual characters

    120-150 for character+building and so on

    instead we have some items ridiculously overpriced which makes people (who may of bought it at a lesser price complain).. 250 donuts for a gold house or 370 for the house+chester and rocket car that's highway robbery and that's only one example recently.. lets not get into the easter event

    it's not about being lots of free stuff people want fair prices and frankly they would make so much more money if they didn't have such ridiculous prices of many of the items.

    if people don't complain EA would continue to release overpriced items.

    I can agree with this. I think there are two kinds of premium complaints that I see around the forum. One can be valid, the other not so much. The valid complaints are the ones about individual items being overpriced. I think it's totally okay to take issue with the prices set on some of these things. We're willing to pay, but some of the pricing is inconsistent. I think it's good to let EA know about that. The more invalid complaint is when people complain about the premium aspect in general. These are the people who think EVERYTHING should be free and that EA shouldn't try to make money. That, I don't understand.
  • Thors_Hammer_UK
    28 posts
    edited July 2014
    It would be nice to have a idea of donut prices so you can set yourself more of a logical bonus.
  • kenalbon89
    365 posts
    edited July 2014
    baddazoner wrote:
    i am a premium player but i think there would be less complaints if they set a standard price.

    60 donuts for a individual characters

    120-150 for character+building and so on

    instead we have some items ridiculously overpriced which makes people (who may of bought it at a lesser price complain).. 250 donuts for a gold house or 370 for the house+chester and rocket car that's highway robbery and that's only one example recently.. lets not get into the easter event

    it's not about being lots of free stuff people want fair prices and frankly they would make so much more money if they didn't have such ridiculous prices of many of the items.

    if people don't complain EA would continue to release overpriced items.

    I have only been playing since the start of the Stonecutter Event and realised very quickly that I wanted to be a Premium player; I don't do well with being told I can't have something or someone that I know and love from the Simpsons franchise... That said, a standard price would make the world of difference as far as reducing complaints goes.

    Funnily enough I only found this forum because I was looking for insight as to what premium purchases 'made sense' with the donuts I had left, which was only because of the big cost ranges, so there are always silver linings ;)
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Tl;dr
    Short attention span!!
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    baddazoner wrote:
    i am a premium player but i think there would be less complaints if they set a standard price.

    60 donuts for a individual characters

    120-150 for character+building and so on

    instead we have some items ridiculously overpriced which makes people (who may of bought it at a lesser price complain).. 250 donuts for a gold house or 370 for the house+chester and rocket car that's highway robbery and that's only one example recently.. lets not get into the easter event

    it's not about being lots of free stuff people want fair prices and frankly they would make so much more money if they didn't have such ridiculous prices of many of the items.

    if people don't complain EA would continue to release overpriced items.
    I agree with this. There is no reason to keep raising the prices. I wonder if the reason for this is the the truly freemium players outweigh the premium players to the point that it is not profitable to EA. The only ones that really know this answer is EA themselves. I am not talking about EA as a whole but just this game.
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    kenalbon89 wrote:
    baddazoner wrote:
    i am a premium player but i think there would be less complaints if they set a standard price.

    60 donuts for a individual characters

    120-150 for character+building and so on

    instead we have some items ridiculously overpriced which makes people (who may of bought it at a lesser price complain).. 250 donuts for a gold house or 370 for the house+chester and rocket car that's highway robbery and that's only one example recently.. lets not get into the easter event

    it's not about being lots of free stuff people want fair prices and frankly they would make so much more money if they didn't have such ridiculous prices of many of the items.

    if people don't complain EA would continue to release overpriced items.

    I have only been playing since the start of the Stonecutter Event and realised very quickly that I wanted to be a Premium player; I don't do well with being told I can't have something or someone that I know and love from the Simpsons franchise... That said, a standard price would make the world of difference as far as reducing complaints goes.

    Funnily enough I only found this forum because I was looking for insight as to what premium purchases 'made sense' with the donuts I had left, which was only because of the big cost ranges, so there are always silver linings ;)
    Welcome to the forum and the game and Don%27t_forget_you%27re_here_forever.jpg
  • Corrcorrcorr
    1140 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Well I would rather pay for the entire dinner. I don't like the entire deal that you keep spending hundreds and hundreds on the game. I would rather buy the game for 100 $ and have everything else in it "free" than have a " free" game and end up spending a thousand... You can sugar coat it how much you want but it's just wrong.

    But I did CHOOSE to be freemium and by choice I won't have all the content I want/expect. And if I want I can waste money on this game endlessly.

    My point being that people keep complaining because it is not fair in any way to anyone. It's just EA cheating money out of everyone. If you think this game is worth this amount of money then good for you. I don't, I feel cheated and that won't change. Rather spend money on other expensive games that won't cheat more money out of me to have the full experience that's all.

    I don't judge anyone who spends their money! It's you money and the way you spend it is entirely up to you. It's just my thoughts and feelings about this subject.


    Like mentioned the donut prices should be lower or have a standard price.
  • Annathewicked
    4716 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    Tl;dr

    Not to worry. It is good that you did not try. There were lots of big words.

    Of all the people to reply to him...you were the last I would have expected to give him a great comeback befitting his snide remark :lol::mrgreen:

    Well played, Annette, well played 8)


    Now to the OP: in reality you are given coupons to pay for desserts, you can cash them in at any time to buy the dessert or you can wait and get an even better dessert. It takes a while to accumulate these coupons but it's there to obtain if you have patience.

    What people are complaining about most is the quality of the desserts offered, they would prefer certain desserts coming in cheaper than offered or would like previous desserts to be offered again. This they are justified in complaining about, they still have the choice of cashing in their coupons for the desserts at any time but they are really complaining about what kinds of dessert are being offered more than anything else on here.

    You must be as sheltered as the OP who is obviously having a hard time understand their first day on the internet and how and why anonymous complaining works if you thought that was a good come back :roll:

    I have been online probably longer than you have been alive, based on the way you are posting. Since you are trolling for insults I must be saying something right because you only insult those points you can't refute or logically argue.

    Touche! almost fell off my chair laughing over this!
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited July 2014
    Eh I kind of agree with you but what if a update is bad for the premium players? So far the only update I complained about was the Easter event because it was complete garbage for everyone. I liked Valentines Day, I LOVED stonecutters but Easter was honestly the worst thing I have ever seen. So ya im not to picky when it comes to content but if we ever get an event as bad as Easter im not going to be scared to complain about it.
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Well I would rather pay for the entire dinner. I don't like the entire deal that you keep spending hundreds and hundreds on the game. I would rather buy the game for 100 $ and have everything else in it "free" than have a " free" game and end up spending a thousand... You can sugar coat it how much you want but it's just wrong.

    But I did CHOOSE to be freemium and by choice I won't have all the content I want/expect. And if I want I can waste money on this game endlessly.

    My point being that people keep complaining because it is not fair in any way to anyone. It's just EA cheating money out of everyone. If you think this game is worth this amount of money then good for you. I don't, I feel cheated and that won't change.


    This is the exact reason for my original post. You claim to feel "cheated"...what exactly is EA doing to "cheat" you? They have given you endless hours of entertainment and only given you the option of paying for more. They aren't forcing you to do so. I agree that the donut prices are through the roof and that's why I choose to be a strictly freemium player because of this but it doesn't change the fact that I've had a blast playing this game and have done it all for free.
  • Tobewood
    112 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    How does the Bob Roberts song go?

    "Some people have/
    And some do not/
    But they'll complain and complain and complain and complain and complain."
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!