EA Forums - Banner

Help me understand this logic....

13Next

Replies

  • nitespark
    54 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    EA doesn't give players the option to buy the full game for like $20. But if they did that, they couldn't charge $300+ for the premium items. Are there any games you would be willing to pay $300 up front?
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited July 2014
    baddazoner wrote:
    250 donuts for a gold house or 370 for the house+chester and rocket car that's highway robbery....

    Highway robbery isn't really that optional. You never, ever have to buy premium stuff.
  • Corrcorrcorr
    1139 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:
    Well I would rather pay for the entire dinner. I don't like the entire deal that you keep spending hundreds and hundreds on the game. I would rather buy the game for 100 $ and have everything else in it "free" than have a " free" game and end up spending a thousand... You can sugar coat it how much you want but it's just wrong.

    But I did CHOOSE to be freemium and by choice I won't have all the content I want/expect. And if I want I can waste money on this game endlessly.

    My point being that people keep complaining because it is not fair in any way to anyone. It's just EA cheating money out of everyone. If you think this game is worth this amount of money then good for you. I don't, I feel cheated and that won't change.


    This is the exact reason for my original post. You claim to feel "cheated"...what exactly is EA doing to "cheat" you? They have given you endless hours of entertainment and only given you the option of paying for more. They aren't forcing you to do so. I agree that the donut prices are through the roof and that's why I choose to be a strictly freemium player because of this but it doesn't change the fact that I've had a blast playing this game and have done it all for free.

    Edit. Oeh, no point to talk to this idiot :roll:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:
    Well I would rather pay for the entire dinner. I don't like the entire deal that you keep spending hundreds and hundreds on the game. I would rather buy the game for 100 $ and have everything else in it "free" than have a " free" game and end up spending a thousand... You can sugar coat it how much you want but it's just wrong.

    But I did CHOOSE to be freemium and by choice I won't have all the content I want/expect. And if I want I can waste money on this game endlessly.

    My point being that people keep complaining because it is not fair in any way to anyone. It's just EA cheating money out of everyone. If you think this game is worth this amount of money then good for you. I don't, I feel cheated and that won't change.


    This is the exact reason for my original post. You claim to feel "cheated"...what exactly is EA doing to "cheat" you? They have given you endless hours of entertainment and only given you the option of paying for more. They aren't forcing you to do so. I agree that the donut prices are through the roof and that's why I choose to be a strictly freemium player because of this but it doesn't change the fact that I've had a blast playing this game and have done it all for free.

    Read what I said. When I pay for a game I expect to get the game not have half of it and have to pay for other half. The prices are outrageous! The smaller amount of donuts that are "cheaper" are pointless! If you want to have ALL the characters you have to buy boatloads which is what 90 euros? And to have all the characters one boatload is not enough! And all the limited time characters... No chance to collect for them, you HAVE to buy donuts to get them! How is that not cheating? The so called "endless amount of entertainment" is not so entertaining for the amount of money they expect from us. Hundred crashes, bugs, lags etc. This game is not in this kind if condition to ask for this kind of money.

    I'm not saying that I hate the game completely, I wouldn't be playing if I'd hate it. Don't come here and say that I can't feel cheated after that! If you can't understand why I feel cheated now then I'm not going to waste my time any longer on this.

    Also you are in a forum that is not made for fanboying on EA. Don't expect everyone to be happy about a game with constant technical issues and extreme overpricing. People have different opinion than you.


    The fact is when it really comes down to it....you sound whiny and unjustly entitled. All you are doing is saying EA is cheating you because they won't give you everything for free. The fact is they are a business and businesses need to generate revenue to be able to do things like this. If they want to charge $5 for 12 donuts or whatever then that's their choice. You can choose to buy them or not buy them. In no way are you being "cheated".
  • Lovelybella87
    276 posts
    edited July 2014
    All this talk about deserts is making me hungry :mrgreen:

    I get where your coming from OP, the complaints over this topic has been on the rise, but so have the prices on these 'deserts'. I think consistency of prices would probably go a long way at bringing them down, but IMO these 'deserts' in general are overpriced.

    THIS WILL BE THE ONE AND ONLY TIME I WILL SAY THAT :oops: .

    I am a freemium player, and I absolutely understand I have no real reason to harp on prices, which is why I don't ;). I truly believe that we consistently get enough free content and content that can be purchased with in-game money. Would I like more....sure, but I get they have to make $$ somehow. I love the game, I love the Simpsons, but I personally have trouble spending real money on a game that will probably...eventually stop existing. Then I can only hope that EA keeps the servers on in some way, so that I can keep playing, without losing everything I spent actually money on :shock: .

    That aside... Although the meal is free, and we get these coupons to get the deserts and we have to pay for deserts. It's still virtual stuff. And people are still more inclined to complain than compliment. Just the way it goes :?

    I think what's worse than buying deserts, which really isn't a requirement to play, unlike the actually analogy given. It's when they have a special event and decide to make it chance based. Like OoooOoo maybe you get this dish....maybe you won't. This past event was awesome because if you kept at it at reasonable pace, you were able to get everything. I don't like being a loyal daily player, or in your analogy, 'diner' and not given enough of an opportunity to get everything on the menu with spending money on CHANCES to get these items. ie: Easter and Christmas, I missed out on Clausco during Christmas and lots during Easter.

    So although they are giving us a GREAT meal and we have the option to buy 'somewhat' over priced deserts, the restaurant itself is not without its faults...some bad events, technical issues, and for some login issues.

    So people enjoy what you pay for. For some that's free and for others it's premium :D:mrgreen:
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    All this talk about deserts is making me hungry :mrgreen:

    I get where your coming from OP, the complaints over this topic has been on the rise, but so have the prices on these 'deserts'. I think consistency of prices would probably go a long way at bringing them down, but IMO these 'deserts' in general are overpriced.

    THIS WILL BE THE ONE AND ONLY TIME I WILL SAY THAT :oops: .

    I am a freemium player, and I absolutely understand I have no real reason to harp on prices, which is why I don't ;). I truly believe that we consistently get enough free content and content that can be purchased with in-game money. Would I like more....sure, but I get they have to make $$ somehow. I love the game, I love the Simpsons, but I personally have trouble spending real money on a game that will probably...eventually stop existing. Then I can only hope that EA keeps the servers on in some way, so that I can keep playing, without losing everything I spent actually money on :shock: .

    That aside... Although the meal is free, and we get these coupons to get the deserts and we have to pay for deserts. It's still virtual stuff. And people are still more inclined to complain than compliment. Just the way it goes :?

    I think what's worse than buying deserts, which really isn't a requirement to play, unlike the actually analogy given. It's when they have a special event and decide to make it chance based. Like OoooOoo maybe you get this dish....maybe you won't. This past event was awesome because if you kept at it at reasonable pace, you were able to get everything. I don't like being a loyal daily player, or in your analogy, 'diner' and not given enough of an opportunity to get everything on the menu with spending money on CHANCES to get these items. ie: Easter and Christmas, I missed out on Clausco during Christmas and lots during Easter.

    So although they are giving us a GREAT meal and we have the option to buy 'somewhat' over priced deserts, the restaurant itself is not without its faults...some bad events, technical issues, and for some login issues.

    So people enjoy what you pay for. For some that's free and for others it's premium :D:mrgreen:


    Very good points which I agree with completely.
  • DamnedDonuts
    231 posts
    edited July 2014
    So are you complaining about free players who want everything free or are you complaining about paying customers expressing dissatisfaction with prices or anything else a paying customer has the right to express discontent with. Or is it both

    Or is it you just think nobody should be able to complain at all about this game on the forum the game makers send people to complain when they can't or won't help.

    Most fanboys realize after awhile that ea isn't gonna give them free donuts for making posts like yours or for attacking people when they make a complaint thread. Eventually they leave or get run off by the mods for violating TOS.







  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    So are you complaining about free players who want everything free or are you complaining about paying customers expressing dissatisfaction with prices or anything else a paying customer has the right to express discontent with. Or is it both

    Or is it you just think nobody should be able to complain at all about this game on the forum the game makers send people to complain when they can't or won't help.

    Most fanboys realize after awhile that ea isn't gonna give them free donuts for making posts like yours or for attacking people when they make a complaint thread. Eventually they leave or get run off by the mods for violating TOS.







    I don't know why you think I'm a fanboy. I've mentioned a few complaints here and there and I make suggestions for improvements to the game all the time. The fact is it's a free game that people get way to crazy complaining about. Everyone needs to calm the hell down and enjoy the game. If EA is so awful then stop supporting them. But complaining that a business won't give you everything for free is beyond idiotic.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:
    Let's say I make a place where everyone can go and get free food. You can have all the free food you want. You can stay there and hang out and eat...the only catch is you have to pay for dessert...

    Would you complain about it? Let's say that I give out desserts to people from time to time for helping me out with tasks around the place...would you still complain that you have to pay for more dessert?

    Maybe this isn't a perfect comparison but seriously...EA gives us an app that is completely free to play and enjoy. They give you OPTION to purchase donuts and use those donuts for special items. And people complain? What the hell is wrong with people?

    There is nothing necessarily "wrong" with them. They have different life experiences and different expectations, hence they come to different conclusions. They complain either to just vent, or to test on the forum if their expectations are reasonable or not, or for some other reasons.

    I can live with this model of pricing for a game and content. I also live with the model of paying for a game where I get all the content that is available at that moment, and then paying for upgrades and/or new releases of the game, if I want them.

    With TSTO, I get free content, and a wide choice of what, if anything, I want to pay for. If I think something cost too much, I don't buy it. As long as other people do buy it, I don't expect EA will lower the price.

    I complain mostly about the bugs. :)

    Cheers all!
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:
    Let's say I make a place where everyone can go and get free food. You can have all the free food you want. You can stay there and hang out and eat...the only catch is you have to pay for dessert...

    Would you complain about it? Let's say that I give out desserts to people from time to time for helping me out with tasks around the place...would you still complain that you have to pay for more dessert?

    Maybe this isn't a perfect comparison but seriously...EA gives us an app that is completely free to play and enjoy. They give you OPTION to purchase donuts and use those donuts for special items. And people complain? What the hell is wrong with people?

    There is nothing necessarily "wrong" with them. They have different life experiences and different expectations, hence they come to different conclusions. They complain either to just vent, or to test on the forum if their expectations are reasonable or not, or for some other reasons.

    I can live with this model of pricing for a game and content. I also live with the model of paying for a game where I get all the content that is available at that moment, and then paying for upgrades and/or new releases of the game, if I want them.

    With TSTO, I get free content, and a wide choice of what, if anything, I want to pay for. If I think something cost too much, I don't buy it. As long as other people do buy it, I don't expect EA will lower the price.

    I complain mostly about the bugs. :)

    Cheers all!

    Well said!
  • Roccaine
    457 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't get the complaints for this game either, TSTO is actually one of the more generous F2P games that gives plenty of free content and is hardly trying to rob you. Some of the prices getting higher may be annoying, but they have to keep the game profitable and most premium players already have all the old premium stuff.

    All the premium stuff is 100% optional, and every event (with maybe the exception of Easter) allowed you to earn all the prices with hard work. If you want to complain look at the FG game, the prices are way more ridiculous and their last event was a huge cash grab.
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Roccaine wrote:
    I don't get the complaints for this game either, TSTO is actually one of the more generous F2P games that gives plenty of free content and is hardly trying to rob you. Some of the prices getting higher may be annoying, but they have to keep the game profitable and most premium players already have all the old premium stuff.

    All the premium stuff is 100% optional, and every event (with maybe the exception of Easter) allowed you to earn all the prices with hard work. If you want to complain look at the FG game, the prices are way more ridiculous and their last event was a huge cash grab.

    Agreed. The last FG event was definitely frustrating. I didn't get anywhere near the final 2 prizes and that was with playing every day multiple times a day.
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    My biggest issue with the family guy game though is that I unlocked everything weeks ago and have been sitting pretty bored for awhile now waiting on district 8...too much longer and I'll probably quit all together.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.