EA Forums - Banner

The final straw

2Next

Replies

• da_caveman
    169 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I would have to say that the early premium characters had a really decent good price. Such as Kerney, Moleman Squeaky-voiced Teen , etc. Also the skin for Hibbert was a ok price.
    The price for barney is also acceptable since it gives Homer an extra task that is premium pay(if I remember correctly)

But when it comes to 200 donuts for 1 character without anything extra, I am always having an internal debate on wheter I should buy or not. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Sherry and Terry was a special case. Since you get 2 chracters(indirectly) and their pay is double of normal premiums and most of their tasks are outdoor. I would say this is a good buy.
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Ratman5674 wrote:
    The Ratman needs to ask
    How much would a character have to cost for completionists to say no. 300 donuts, 500 donuts or even 1000. This is just for any character.

Yeah, I know. You wanted completionists to answer. So maybe three polls. :)

- Completionist.
    - Freemium.
    - Premium/non-completionist.
    Don't waste time to create a poll for completists, we will pay any prices EA drop on us suckers! :lol:
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • gregbuc350
    198 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I'd pay over 500 donuts for a voiced Troy McClure.

This.
  • flexster741
    352 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I think certain characters that everybody has been begging for forever like Maggie, Troy McClure, and Bleeding Gum Murphy are going to cost upper wards of 200 or more without a building. Probably looking at 350 or more with buildings or more. I would pay it if Maggie had an out door task to shoot Mr. Burns. :lol:
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Generally my max is 120 for a character without a building and 220 for a character with a building.

• GaryThePotato
    17 posts
    edited July 2014
    100 to 200
  • mycosmsea
    132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I will spend whatever it takes to get the premium stuff. I am totally addicted to this silly game.
  • wildminion
    552 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    No way is any single character worth more than 100 at the absolute max. When we get a new character, there's fun in doing all the tasks and maybe a mini quest.........after that, it's largely just another character, another one to set on a task before you go to work or sleep.

EA have a great pricing model - from their point of view - charging whatever they like, knowing some people will part with literally hundreds (heading for thousands rapidly) to get the new stuff. For me, I think paying up to €60-70 for a game is reasonable........if EA charged that for tsto and it guaranteed all premium content, then I'd likely pony up the dough and be happy.

The current never-ending demand for more and more real cash with each update.......over €10 for some single items.......well, that makes me go more and more the freemium route. Let someone else be gouged for all they're worth - I'm gonna feed my kids first!
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I am a completionist, but a patient one. They may feel free to bring on a 5 billion donut character, but it may take me a few trillion years to get around to it.
  • joniferous
    513 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Well, I would 100-200, but as I bought a darn whale for 300....
  • gregbuc350
    198 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    SINCE YOU ASKED:
    This lame, insulting Geo. Washington quest has helped me curtail my future spending on this game.

Premium, non-completionist. And judging from future posts I'm non-competent...

SINCE YOU ASKED... :?
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    well i paid 120 donuts for Jimbo :? i think that is the upper limit
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    i dont think i would spend 100 donuts on a character ever again unless they have interesting features like Brandine (i hope she can have more than 3 spucklers)

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.