EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• falcocw
    2 posts
    edited December 2012

I've been having the cannot connect to server error since December 4; I feel your pain. EA has not answered any of the posts here, I did open a support case with them a few days back but thus far I have heard nothing....
  • WytchyOne
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have been unable to play the game since the last update. I had just barely bought more donuts and the game crashed. Whenever I click on the icon to play it will not go past the Gracie Films/Fox/EA screen. I have called EA directly in hopes of getting some help but only was able to submit a help ticket....no response yet. I really want to play this before the time runs out to get Santa's Lil Helper. I'm level 24. I'm new to the forums but seeking help please
    I know you all may have read similar post such as this one but I'm running out of options of where to look for help. I've even tried posting on the Facebook page but there is mostly flooded with the "Add Me".
    I'm using the iPod Touch 4th Generation. I had not had any problems prior to the last update.
    Thanks so much for your time...
    WytchyOne
  • martinlovric
    4 posts
    edited December 2012
    I would just like to know if there is someone we can get hold of to restore our Springfield if it gets reset to level 1.
    Thanks
  • DieDinoDie
    5 posts
    edited December 2012
    Purchased donuts after Gil's plea--now the app won't launch.
  • jferentz
    44 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Same as above. Just purchased donuts and now game wont launch.
  • georgewatso
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    Just bet on a dog at the Springfield downs. The box with the commentary of the race popped up and i clicked on it to go to the next dialogue, which happened normally. After clicking again though the box froze, i was a bit annoyed because obviously I didn't know if I had won or lost and I had just put 5000 coins down the drain. However I was more annoyed when i continued playing the game collecting taxes from my houses, one of my blue houses hadn't finished yet so i clicked on it to see how long it was going to be before I collected the tax, after doing this I accidentally clicked the rush button to speed up tax, obviously normally I would cancel this but as soon as I clicked it the Springfield downs un-froze to tell me I had not won. This then immediately completed the rushing, leaving me with no opportunity to cancel it! This used up 4 of my 6 donuts.

I understand that this story sounds completely made up so its a refund for donuts, however it's not, I'm really not that bothered about the donuts. the only reason i put this on here is because I don't wan't this happening to anyone else!

Just fixing the Springfield downs bug would resolve the whole thing!
  • marco1855
    1 posts
    edited December 2012
    this game is epicly annoying !!!! hate every lags (SSSSS) I can put 1 M 's' because this game have to much lag !
    100 pages of problem report ? damn EA tell your 'professional' to come check this game ! OMG !
    I have been playing BF3 flew months ago.. now this game is * due to all your update !
    the simpson tapped out its a good game ! a good EA game ! so please stop holiday update and put your * on a chair and start making some good * to us ! your client ! we are your money ! thanks !
  • cwatson34
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    Purchased doughnuts from Gil, game crashed and won't start. Deleted game and loaded it again, didn't help.
  • gruntenheimer
    8 posts
    edited December 2012
    Same problem as many others. I tried to buy donuts, now the game won't go past the intro screen before resetting. Any ideas?
  • jgallow
    6 posts
    edited December 2012
    Did a few missions with the new "Cool Homer" just before the a christmas update. After that was installed, one of the first missions was for Homer and Lisa to pretend to ski. Can't do it because every time I switch Homers outfit to the original outfit the game crashes. Tried deleting and reinstalling the game, log out and log back in. Nothing has worked. Since I can't do the mission I can't progress through any if the new Christmas content. Please help.
  • azopfi84
    5 posts
    edited December 2012
    Does anyone know how to fix my problem without uninstalling and reinstalling te game? It goes from "syncronizing" to "cannot connect to server. Try hitting retry"
  • franckg392
    8 posts
    edited December 2012
    Since Gil appeared with his donuts sale, game (still) crashes all day long. I can't play more than 15 seconds. VERY ****.
  • milkdoll
    1 posts
    edited December 2012
    My game disconnects upon signing on EVERY single time I open the app, without fail, after 15 seconds of gameplay. I'm allowed to collect money from my houses for about 15 seconds before I get the "Retry" screen. Then I can play for awhile. If I go to my friends towns, once I go back to mine, I have 15 seconds before it disconnects again. It's just a nuisance. It's been this way for about 3 weeks.

Another more irritating problem I've had for the same length of time is that I'm unable to add any more friends. I mean, I can't even get to my invites list. I have about 265 invites, and every time I click on the "Invites" tab, I get the "retry" screen again after it attempts to load for several seconds. There's no way for me to add or accept new friends without getting disconnected by the server. I did not hit the 100 friend limit. But I would like to max it out. I'll never understand why there isn't a browser-based way to manage your friends. This is a bit ridiculous, and greatly limits my advancement in the game.

I've done everything. Logged out and then back in about 30 times, deleted the game, re-installed it, wiped my iPad, tried it on my husbands most recently released current generation iPad, same exact problems when signing into my account. His account is fine on all devices. Mine is not.

Any response, even a "screw you, we don't care" would be nice so I know I'm not complaining to a brick wall who keeps hassling me to give them money.
  • AnthemFlight
    7 posts
    edited December 2012
    EA,

I just purchased donuts because of the Holiday offer with Gil, and I bought a specific amount with very specific plans in mind of what I was going to use them on. when flipping through the premium items, I accidentally hit the Buddah Homer, which I absolutely did NOT want to do, at all. there is nothing that he would give that I would want, ESPECIALLY not the tire swing I got.

is there any way the tire swing can be removed so I can get my 15 donuts back? spending those donuts completely messes up my plans, and if it's that easy to just waste donuts, i will definitely not buy them again.

please help.

my user name is the same as this one, AnthemFlight
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited December 2012
    EA,

I just purchased donuts because of the Holiday offer with Gil, and I bought a specific amount with very specific plans in mind of what I was going to use them on. when flipping through the premium items, I accidentally hit the Buddah Homer, which I absolutely did NOT want to do, at all. there is nothing that he would give that I would want, ESPECIALLY not the tire swing I got.

is there any way the tire swing can be removed so I can get my 15 donuts back? spending those donuts completely messes up my plans, and if it's that easy to just waste donuts, i will definitely not buy them again.

please help.

my user name is the same as this one, AnthemFlight

They unfortunately do not monitor these forums although they tell people to come here. ITunes, not EA, actually handles refunds but they won't give refunds based on accidental clicking. You can try emailing EA help but I'm guessing you're stuck. Sorry.
  • jimmyg1985
    7 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have a problem getting past L24 my xp is at the max for L24 and every time I collect money and xp from houses and businesses the xp won't add on to my current xp have been stick here for a few days now can anyone help me please??
  • KillerBlanks
    37 posts
    edited December 2012
    jimmyg1985 wrote:
    I have a problem getting past L24 my xp is at the max for L24 and every time I collect money and xp from houses and businesses the xp won't add on to my current xp have been stick here for a few days now can anyone help me please??

Level 24 is the max. You will fill up your XP bar but you will not advance to level 25. When they add more content (i.e. more houses, more levels, etc.) you will start to gain xp normally.
  • jimmyg1985
    7 posts
    edited December 2012
    Oh rite that seems a bit silly really but at least it's not a problem with my game thank you for your help
  • Nicolasmp_7_5
    6 posts
    edited December 2012
    My city was deleted for the third time this month I contacted EA Support by phone and e-mail ( 04 81 68 08 08 ) and they told me to Login / Log out, reinstall the game or try to play offline (...) I lost all my doughnuts and in game purchases i'm a huge fan of The Simpsons and i'm very disappointed and sad how EA handle this situation.

Id: Nicolasmp_7_5 / iPhone 5 (ios 6.0.2)

EA Customer service e-mail:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/email01.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/email02.jpg/

In game snapshot:

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9883/eabug01.jpg

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5320/eabug02.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/eabug03.jpg

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7500/eabug04.jpg

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2074/eabug05.jpg

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5177/eabug07.jpg
  • IsamuSushi13
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    on dec. 27th if finally got a guest that was suppose to give be a donut when completed. Much to my dismay when i completed the quest the completion chime played but never poped up with the collect your reward window it just disapered. You guys finally start giving quest i care about (other then main quests) and no reward??? this game sure has alot of minor issues that all add up to PAIN IN THE ****