EA Forums - Banner

Gil donut 25% bug - purchased donuts through gil, game crashed and now wont start

Prev13
Now Occasonally it will ask for my apple ID...then crash.
All this before the hmoer running main page.

Can anyone out there help?
Has anyone else gone tthrough this and found a solution?

Replies

• cwatson34
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    Same issue, game crashed after I bought doughnuts. Now it crashes whenever I open it. Even deleted the game and downloaded it again, did not help.
  • jferentz
    44 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    So I figured I would try this app on my Iphone to see if my game worked.....and It did. HOWEVER< the donuts I bought and paid for were not there!!
    The game still does not boot up on my IPAD.

• franckg392
    8 posts
    edited December 2012
    Same issue here. Since Gil appeared, it's a real mess.
  • schliematt
    76 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    i bought some donuts and it worked all fine and dandy then i bought a few more . both times seemed to be going slightly slower than usual for buying donuts and the second time it crashed. and now it wont load up past gracie films screen. occasionally it asks for apple id, if i put the pass in or hit cancel it jsut crashes again. i tried to kill the app when u double click the home button and rebooting my ipod and even deleting redownloading the app. pls lemme know if anyone figures out a fix for this
  • curvy_kitten
    40 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I decided to buy donuts from Gil after the game said that we will get some extra donuts as a bonus. I clicked on the quantity that I wanted and eventually the Apple ID login popped up. After I logged in, it took me to the itunes store and it asked me if I was sure I wanted the donuts - I hit yes.
    The price was deducted from my itunes store credit (gift/prepaid card). I tried logging in, but within seconds, the game would crash when it's on the Gracie black screen. A few times, the Apple ID would pop up, I entered my info, but still nothing.
    It's been like this for HOURS. I have uninstalled, re-installed and reset my ipod, but nothing works.
    I want my money back if it doesn't get fixed soon and I'm hoping that the game itself won't reset and I have to begin at lv 1 again or something. I worked hard on my town.
  • Pchorsedoc
    320 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Exact same bug here. Some people have success when restoring device as new.

But this has NOT helped other people with the same bug.

What a nightmare. Delete app, sign out of iTunes, restart, nothing works.

I can play on iPhone. So it must be the iPad. But if restoring to factory settings wont work this is a game killer.

Will check back in if I delete my ipad and restore. Which i am addicted enough to try.
  • curvy_kitten
    40 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    UPDATE:
    I unfortunately restored my device to factory settings, added the game again and now I can play...HOWEVER...The donuts I bought are not in my game and yet, they deducted the price from my itunes card.
    I seriously can't believe this.....
  • Pchorsedoc
    320 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    UPDATE:
    I unfortunately restored my device to factory settings, added the game again and now I can play...HOWEVER...The donuts I bought are not in my game and yet, they deducted the price from my itunes card.
    I seriously can't believe this.....

You can get a refund, that is the least of your worries with this insane bug. Just contact iTunes.

I also deleted my device and started over. I can get into the game BUT the iTunes sign in pops up, and I have to hit cancel every time. That is a concern because it is part of the "black EA/fox screen, app won't open" problem.
  • curvy_kitten
    40 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Pchorsedoc wrote:
    You can get a refund, that is the least of your worries with this insane bug. Just contact iTunes.

I also deleted my device and started over. I can get into the game BUT the iTunes sign in pops up, and I have to hit cancel every time. That is a concern because it is part of the "black EA/fox screen, app won't open" problem.

Thank You for reminding me about the refund! I'll contact them.
    And yeah, the Apple ID keeps popping up for me too. Need to remind myself to keep hitting cancel until this problem is fixed...if ever..
  • scskye
    102 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I havent been able to play since Dec 10. I've restored to factory settings, reloading the game and still no luck. I'm so upset about it it isn't even funny. I've sent emails to EA and they've never responded. I was too was trying to buy donuts when this problem started. Now it just crashes whenever I try to open it.
  • Pchorsedoc
    320 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    scskye wrote:
    I havent been able to play since Dec 10. I've restored to factory settings, reloading the game and still no luck. I'm so upset about it it isn't even funny. I've sent emails to EA and they've never responded. I was too was trying to buy donuts when this problem started. Now it just crashes whenever I try to open it.

It is horrible. Any way you can play on another device? Keep sending EA emails, they do respond, just not quickly.... I am going to continue emailing about this bug.
  • curvy_kitten
    40 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    UPDATE # 2:
    I contacted itunes and shortly afterwards they sent me an email letting me know that they will refund my money back into my itunes account.

SO FAR, I haven't had any problems with the game since I completely restored my device.

• mattyhere
    43 posts
    edited December 2012
    It really is so annoying.
  • scskye
    102 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Well I got a new ipad for Christmas, loaded the game and it works. Finally since the 10th I can play but I feel so far behind. The first thing I got was Gil offering 25% more donuts if I but. Considering that buying donuts caused my game to crash in the first place I think I will pass.
  • xDaft_Punk
    152 posts
    edited December 2012
    I was going to buy an iTunes card tomorrow and was looking forward to getting some premium items but now I'm really worried my game won't work! :cry:
  • scskye
    102 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, I really want to buy donuts but considering what happened last time I'm not taking that chance
  • Pchorsedoc
    320 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    scskye wrote:
    Yeah, I really want to buy donuts but considering what happened last time I'm not taking that chance

Me too
  • rjcollacott
    4 posts
    edited December 2012
    **** - Bought donuts through Gil to get 25% bonus; paid my money and now I can't get into game just like these other posts. Get "Gracie Films" screen then goes back to icon immediately. Hey EA pay attention, something is wrong here, please fix. :thumbdown:
  • Pchorsedoc
    320 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Got a response email from EA, they do not seem to understand or acknowledge the donut buying issue and say that iTunes has to restore the donuts or provide a refund. Basically saying donuts cannot be added on EA's end of the game.

And I get the feeling this crash issue is being ignored despite the number of people experiencing it. :(
  • lilydalelah
    134 posts
    edited December 2012
    I bought just $2 worth of donuts from the Gil promo. I have not seen problems yet. I had donuts prior already when i added a dozen more via Gil -- meaning 15 donuts for xmas '25% more' promo -- to bring up the amt to enough for just one more 'big' item

Suggestions for spending approx 150 donuts will be appreciated, for instance is KrustyLu studio worth it? I tend to go f
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!