EA Forums - Banner

PETITION TO EA: Full restoration of the building animations

Prev13
Which buildings are you talking about? I haven't noticed anything has changed...

Replies

• Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:
    Which buildings are you talking about? I haven't noticed anything has changed...
    When the Stonecutters event was going on, when you'd spy on a building, it would do it's animation. Some of them were pretty cool, too.

I wish they were still there, too. Tap to do the normal visit thing, it should do it. Or/and when clearing handshakes. That would be great. :)
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Ningyo42 wrote:
    lukeout007 wrote:
    When the Stonecutters event was going on, when you'd spy on a building, it would do it's animation. Some of them were pretty cool, too.

I wish they were still there, too. Tap to do the normal visit thing, it should do it. Or/and when clearing handshakes. That would be great. :)

Hmmm...I must not have noticed. When I visit my neighbors I always just do 3 taps as quick as possible and then I'm on to the next one :?
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:
    Ningyo42 wrote:
    lukeout007 wrote:

Hmmm...I must not have noticed. When I visit my neighbors I always just do 3 taps as quick as possible and then I'm on to the next one :?

When your neighbours visited you during the stonecutters event your own buildings were also animated. Everyone loved that about the game. Many people want the animations back
  • lauriegator
    306 posts
    edited July 2014
    Lots of cool animations during the event!

My favorite was "disco at the Bad Dream House". The lights were cool!

Sanjay's house had a cat chasing an RC airplane. The Claus Co building had spotlights. There were a number of animations that I can't remember for the life of me.

Please bring back the building animations...
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I miss them, too. :(
  • orionsbell
    478 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I did post listing the unused building animations during the Stonecutter events, but it's gone missing.

My main gripe is that builds like the Natural History Museum, Wax Museum, Skating Rinks, Pet Store, etc., are released yet never have any animations, not even seasonal, like to Bad Dreams House.

It was cool to see the firearms banner at the museum, cat and mouse at the pet shop, marquee on the wax museum and the Zambonie revving at the rink.
    BTW: My Springfield circa Winter 2014: orionsbell.com/simpsons/Winter2014.png
  • orionsbell
    478 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Found my original post:

Dear EA,

Please give us jobs for the following building so we can see the occupied animations/graphics year-round:

Claus Co. - spot lights
    Santa's Workshop - lights twinkle
    Forst Sensible - flag waves
    Egg Nog Bar - signs light and flicker
    Bad Dream House - crazy light show
    Ultrahouse 2 - dish antenna pivots
    Pumpkin House - chimney smokes
    Springfield Pet Shop - cat chasing mouse into shop
    House of Evil - possessed objects in window
    Gypsy Fortune Teller Shop - door opens and smoke puff
    Springfield Grocery Store - doors opened
    Guinea Pig Rescue Center - escaping Guinea Pig netted
    Just Rainsticks - sign lighted
    Malaria Zone - sign lighted
    Crypto Barn - sign lights and flickers
    Much Ado About Muffins - interior lighted
    Turban Outfitters - gem lighted
    My First Tattoo - sign lighted
    First Church of Lard Lad - interior lights flicker
    Zesty's - vent rotates
    Madame Chao's - interior lights with moving shadows
    Phineas Q. Butterfat's - marquee lights twinkle
    Pimento Grove - arrow lights with flickering olive
    El Chemistri - blue/green light show with explosion out front door
    Abandoned Store - fans rotate
    Springfield Mall - fans rotate
    Shamrock Cafe - chimney smokes
    Community Center - satellite dish pivots
    Springfield Wax Museum - marquee lights twinkle
    Museum of Natural History - red banner hanging out front
    Springfield Skating Rink - Zamboni at side door revving
    Springfield Knowledgeum - kinetic sculpture of rolling balls
    Calmwood Mental Hospital - bed sheet rope drops in/out of window
    Super Collider - left side: tree being sucked into open glass doors; right side: small side door sucks in debris)
    Helter Shelter - open door and lighted interior

Buildings still needing graphics/animations:

Pink House (no jobs)
    Blue House
    Orange House
    White House
    The Java Server
    Jake's Unisex Hair Palace
    King Toot's
    Howard's Flowers (no jobs)
    Gulp 'n' Blow
    Skip's Diner
    Willie's Shack
    Cletus's Farm
    Channel 6
    KBBL Radio
    Krustylu Studios (no jobs)

Just a few with every update would be nice, please.
    BTW: My Springfield circa Winter 2014: orionsbell.com/simpsons/Winter2014.png
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Claus Co was my favorite animation. Bad dream house was great as well.
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    The Bad Dream House and El Chemistry are two of my favorites. It's a shame we have to wait for special events just to see them. Anytime a neighbor taps the Bad Dream House, I'd usually let it sit a day before collecting. It would be great if there were tasks to activate some of them. At least I'd have a reason to put some of my characters on task more often.
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    dave3490 wrote:

Someone needs to start a protest thread I'll sign it :lol:

Why can't this be the protest thread?

Dear EA: Give us year-round building animations, or give us something to gripe about! :mrgreen:
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I really liked the animation. What is the point of having code for this and not using it?!?
  • erchin8
    265 posts
    edited July 2014
    orionsbell wrote:
    Found my original post:

Dear EA,

Please give us jobs for the following building so we can see the occupied animations/graphics year-round:

Claus Co. - spot lights
    Santa's Workshop - lights twinkle
    Forst Sensible - flag waves
    Egg Nog Bar - signs light and flicker
    Bad Dream House - crazy light show
    Ultrahouse 2 - dish antenna pivots
    Pumpkin House - chimney smokes
    Springfield Pet Shop - cat chasing mouse into shop
    House of Evil - possessed objects in window
    Gypsy Fortune Teller Shop - door opens and smoke puff
    Springfield Grocery Store - doors opened
    Guinea Pig Rescue Center - escaping Guinea Pig netted
    Just Rainsticks - sign lighted
    Malaria Zone - sign lighted
    Crypto Barn - sign lights and flickers
    Much Ado About Muffins - interior lighted
    Turban Outfitters - gem lighted
    My First Tattoo - sign lighted
    First Church of Lard Lad - interior lights flicker
    Zesty's - vent rotates
    Madame Chao's - interior lights with moving shadows
    Phineas Q. Butterfat's - marquee lights twinkle
    Pimento Grove - arrow lights with flickering olive
    El Chemistri - blue/green light show with explosion out front door
    Abandoned Store - fans rotate
    Springfield Mall - fans rotate
    Shamrock Cafe - chimney smokes
    Community Center - satellite dish pivots
    Springfield Wax Museum - marquee lights twinkle
    Museum of Natural History - red banner hanging out front
    Springfield Skating Rink - Zamboni at side door revving
    Springfield Knowledgeum - kinetic sculpture of rolling balls
    Calmwood Mental Hospital - bed sheet rope drops in/out of window
    Super Collider - left side: tree being sucked into open glass doors; right side: small side door sucks in debris)
    Helter Shelter - open door and lighted interior

Buildings still needing graphics/animations:

Pink House (no jobs)
    Blue House
    Orange House
    White House
    The Java Server
    Jake's Unisex Hair Palace
    King Toot's
    Howard's Flowers (no jobs)
    Gulp 'n' Blow
    Skip's Diner
    Willie's Shack
    Cletus's Farm
    Channel 6
    KBBL Radio
    Krustylu Studios (no jobs)

Just a few with every update would be nice, please.
    Great list!
    I thought KBBL had animation during Stone Cutters. Like the letters lit up, or did I imagine it?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    erchin8 wrote:
    I thought KBBL had animation during Stone Cutters. Like the letters lit up, or did I imagine it?
    I think it just had a blinky light on top of the tower. I wish the whole sign lit up.
  • eldinmeow
    38 posts
    edited July 2014
    Yea... I let the dream house run for days w/o collecting coz I think it's one of the better animations. I also left Claus Co lights on coz it had a cool effect as well... Miss them!
    Indys2nd wrote:
    The Bad Dream House and El Chemistry are two of my favorites. It's a shame we have to wait for special events just to see them. Anytime a neighbor taps the Bad Dream House, I'd usually let it sit a day before collecting. It would be great if there were tasks to activate some of them. At least I'd have a reason to put some of my characters on task more often.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    erchin8 wrote:
    I think it just had a blinky light on top of the tower. I wish the whole sign lit up.

During the Stonecutters Event the Letters used to light up individually when the station didnt have a task assigned, i havent checked whether this still happens tho
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • darrenholm736
    1276 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    erchin8 wrote:

During the Stonecutters Event the Letters used to light up individually when the station didnt have a task assigned, i havent checked whether this still happens tho

It doesn't. :cry: I wish they would still light up when a programme is being broadcast though, and I agree about the animations in general - a lot of them are really cool and they never get used apart from during events.

So come on EA, install some code that means the buildings are animated for a while when we collect money and XP from them.

It would make a lot of people very happy!!
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    erchin8 wrote:

It doesn't. :cry: I wish they would still light up when a programme is being broadcast though, and I agree about the animations in general - a lot of them are really cool and they never get used apart from during events.

So come on EA, install some code that means the buildings are animated for a while when we collect money and XP from them.

It would make a lot of people very happy!!

Oh thats a shame i was going to check once the KBBL Task was done :(

It would be great if the buildings did a brief animation like you say when you collect from the buildings :) Or if that not possible just when you have Handshakes on those buildings :)

I loved the fact the BDH was showing the light display again, love that! Without a doubt the best animation for buildings in the game :D
  • empathy77
    4169 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    I do, I really do... Since they were taken away at the end of the stonecutters event its just got boring :(

EA, pleeeeeeeeeeease restore the animations to buildings when friends/neighbours visit, it was so cool to see animations of buildings not used in the game :(

Someone needs to start a protest thread I'll sign it :lol:

This could be the thread, I'll sign!!!
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2014
    Dave it looking like you might have started something here ;)

I for one would also vote YES to having the animations back :)
  • erchin8
    265 posts
    edited July 2014
    I vote YES!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!