EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• morphboo785
    49 posts
    edited July 2014
    When I'm opening up the game since the July 4th update it is always saying "unable to connect to server". If I click retry it works fine though

I get the same message but as soon as i get into the game it crashes :evil:
  • cadogang
    2 posts
    edited July 2014
    When I'm opening up the game since the July 4th update it is always saying "unable to connect to server". If I click retry it works fine though

Same problem, Android 4.2.2 - Galaxy Tab 3 lite
  • batwa
    71 posts
    edited July 2014
    userkv8031 wrote:
    I have noticed that after the update the game doesn't always respond to touches. After 20 or so seconds things get going and all of the taps and swipes happen at once. Never had this problem prior to the 4th update. Another issue I see is the failure to connect when starting the game and periodic disconnects which are also new. I'm on a memo pad hd7.

I have this same issue in my game too. It won't respond to ANY input for several seconds, including the device "back" button, then it will do all of them at once. Very annoying. Galaxy S3
  • jeremyturn380
    1 posts
    edited July 2014
    I can't get into the game at all. I have to keep hitting retry.
  • kdlarue
    1 posts
    edited July 2014
    I have a problem that might not be common.

I decided to do a massive redesign of my Springfield and used the Atomic button to put everything back into inventory.

3/4 thru unpacking. suddenly can't place anything in the empty space left.

it freezes on clicking the check and does not recover. Have tried cold reset, no joy.Big empty space I can't build or place items in.

Any suggestions?
  • dhfjhvgjhvhjfg
    1067 posts
    edited July 2014
    Got an apology from ea support for leaving a stonecutter related support request open past the end of the event with the promise of apology donuts. No extra donuts appeared in my game. :(
  • STEEL-SOUL1
    3 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I have in my inventory at least one extra "Satan's Anvil" and an extra "Capital City Goofball". I can't use either of them. Also, since I have already obtained the "goofball", should I not receive the next reward instead?

Using an iPad2 wit iOS 7.1.2
  • jessiekorman
    1 posts
    edited July 2014
    Hi. I play on an Android tablet and have the latest updates. Almost every time I try to launch the app tk play, it tells me the server is busy. I hit retry and it works the second time. Then, once I'm finally able to play it crashes whdn I visit other cities. It never fails. Can you fix it? It's becoming rather annoying.
  • cyn71781
    1 posts
    edited July 2014
    I can't even get mine to open since the last update. No matter what I do it just shuts down. I am getting really upset that I spend so much money on this game and can't even open it. I have a Samsung galaxy S 3 :?
  • paunchychick
    3 posts
    edited July 2014
    I'm playing on a Samsung Galaxy S 3 and when I log in, it takes me to the very beginning with Homer destroying the town. I've logged in and out a few times and I'm shown my level, but whenever I click "tap to continue", I'm back at level 1.
  • rjbrazie548
    2 posts
    edited July 2014
    I'm on Level 42, and have been very slow on the Friendship levels. I just made Level 5 on Friendship. The congratulations screen with Homer's car is now on my screen, and pressing the blue OK button makes it turn white, but the darn screen won't go away!

So now I can't exit out of the prize screen and do anything else with the game!

iPad2, iOS 7.1.2
  • ghoulfication
    37 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm on Level 42, and have been very slow on the Friendship levels. I just made Level 5 on Friendship. The congratulations screen with Homer's car is now on my screen, and pressing the blue OK button makes it turn white, but the darn screen won't go away!

iPad2, iOS 7.1.2

wait u can play that new now or before the event of the stone cutter glitches which nobody can play?
  • morphboo785
    49 posts
    edited July 2014
    Im also on Level 42 and still cannot play this game!

Sick of it crashing now.

My boyfriend has informed me that the game seems to be working fine on his kindle! Not impressed.

Come on EA GET THIS SORTED FOR CRYING OUT LOUD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rjbrazie548
    2 posts
    edited July 2014

iPad2, iOS 7.1.2

wait u can play that new now or before the event of the stone cutter glitches which nobody can play?

I was able to play it fine before, even with the Stonecutters stuff and after. It just happened after I hit Friendship Level 5 - the prize award screen with Homer's car won't go away.
  • tlynnbell8
    1 posts
    edited July 2014
    I'm level 42, and after the gamed crashed on me while playing 2 days ago, everytime I login it starts back at level 1. My origin account name is on the left hand side before I enter game it says I'm still level 42, neighbours tell me my town is still the same when they visit. I log in, the video when Homer blows up the town plays, then it starts at level 1, Homer says is anyone there, then the game immediately crashes. I've tried everything I can think of, but this is not resolving, anyone else having this issue?
  • edited July 2014
    I play on both an iPhone and an iPad. Despite having push notifications off both in game and under the OS settings, I still get notifications at all hours. Even when the volume is off on the device, Homer finds a way to tell me to put on pants. I saw that a while back this was a known issue for certain users, but cannot find anything recent about it to confirm it is being fixed. Is this still a recognized bug and, if so, can I expect a fix soon?
  • edrissf
    14 posts
    edited July 2014
    Hi Gypsy. The game still crashes ever time I try to start it and access my Origin-associated game. It lets me sign into Origin, but then then I tap to continue it crashes. However if I sign out of Origin, I can start and play an anonymous game with no problems. Any idea how to fix that? I've completely closed the app (per the instructions EA posted recently) and restarted it several time.

Thanks!

This is from 2012! I'm having this trouble ever since the update from stonecutters! So annoying! When will EA fix the coding in this game. Running android version.
  • morphboo785
    49 posts
    edited July 2014
    Everyday i try and load in the game to no avail. I have uninstalled it, reinstalled it and nothing. Still crashes.
  • EtS-Expo
    3 posts
    edited July 2014
    It has been while ago that this happened and with every update I hoped it would be resolved, but it didn't.

What is the case:
    I saved up some donuts and bought Squeaky Voice Teen. A few days later I got a mystery box and got: Squeaky Voice Teen again. I guess I was really lucky and unlucky. The character was stored to my inventory and to this day it still lives there. I cannot use the character since it is a double.

I do not know how to resolve this. That is why I post this ticket here.
    If there is no solution I would like to ask for a swap of my double character for a random other premium character or 60 doughnuts so I can pick my own And of coarse the removal of the double character from the inventory.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Eteselle

Ps. I posted this before as a single thread: no reaction.
  • morphboo785
    49 posts
    edited July 2014
    I also have the squeeky teen in my inventory even though i already have the guy (who is currently in Krustyland).

Unsure how to resolve it though. I have just left it in there and done nothing about it.