EA Forums - Banner

Dear EA, Please allow us trade in or give away our duplicate unique items

2Next

Replies

• HQmer
    81 posts
    edited July 2014
    I love this idea. It could be a trading post system where we put up for sale for donuts or money the items we don't want for others to buy. And for those who want to just give the item away a delivery system used to deliver the items we purchase from the trading post could be used to send the other person the item we are giving away.

The only potential problem I could see would be farmers/hackers duplicating/hoarding rare items. If there is a way to validate legitimate duplicates then a trading post would absolutely rule!

If they're hacking they could have infinite money or donuts so there wouldn't be any reason for them to sell their hacked items for a currency they have in unlimited supply.

It would only be beneficial if they could sell them for real money, but that isn't being proposed.
  • TheThrashMan
    365 posts
    edited July 2014
    HQmer wrote:
    I love this idea. It could be a trading post system where we put up for sale for donuts or money the items we don't want for others to buy. And for those who want to just give the item away a delivery system used to deliver the items we purchase from the trading post could be used to send the other person the item we are giving away.

The only potential problem I could see would be farmers/hackers duplicating/hoarding rare items. If there is a way to validate legitimate duplicates then a trading post would absolutely rule!

If they're hacking they could have infinite money or donuts so there wouldn't be any reason for them to sell their hacked items for a currency they have in unlimited supply.

It would only be beneficial if they could sell them for real money, but that isn't being proposed.
    Ahh, that's a very good point. As long as real money stays out of the mix there's not really any reason for the cheaters.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    The reality is that you don't have two unique items - you just have an inventory glitch. Mine shows an extra anvil and stonecutters table.
  • TheThrashMan
    365 posts
    edited July 2014
    cdepast wrote:
    The reality is that you don't have two unique items - you just have an inventory glitch. Mine shows an extra anvil and stonecutters table.

I bought SVT then received him in a mystery box, got the lemon tree twice in mystery boxes, then like a fool I lost patience and bought the Faberge egg only to collect it naturally the next day.
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    urlaub694 wrote:
    This way EA won't loose sales, because we still have to buy the donuts, right?
    EA will definitely lose sales once it allows players to trade those items they don't want.

EA's current business model is earning them big bucks, there's no incentive for them to loosen up their revenue-generating grid without any benefit to themselves.

So I reckon there's no way EA is going to allow players to get "refund" by re-selling their unwanted items to other players.
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • Raven_Darkstorm
    418 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    urlaub694 wrote:
    This might work, as long as we can't transfer money/donuts.

Exactly you are selling an item you bought with in game money or donuts so you are more or less recouping the money or donuts you used to buy them by selling the item to someone else.
    lee67628 wrote:
    EA will definitely lose sales once it allows players to trade those items they don't want.

How? If an item cost donuts to buy from a trading post that someone is selling to someone else that someone else still has to buy donuts to buy the item if they didn't earn them for free. Either source of the donuts is no different than if they bought the item from the premium store. And if it is a limited time item in all likelihood the price will be higher than when offered in the premium store so they would sell even more donuts. In the proposed example a restriction is being placed on how much one can discount the price of the item. But keep in mind if one got the item for free from a login bonus mystery box. The person who buys it from them with donuts will have to buy the donuts if they didn't get enough free ones. Which again would be no different than if they bought them to buy the item from the premium store.
  • TheThrashMan
    365 posts
    edited July 2014
    I really want more perspectives on this so I'm going to bump this back up.
  • mimi12810912
    96 posts Member
    edited July 2014

I thought this was how the yard sale worked when I first started the game. Boy was I wrong! Too bad I can't get rid of my ponds and Easter egg piles.
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    urlaub694 wrote:
    This might work, as long as we can't transfer money/donuts.

Exactly you are selling an item you bought with in game money or donuts so you are more or less recouping the money or donuts you used to buy them by selling the item to someone else.
    lee67628 wrote:

How? If an item cost donuts to buy from a trading post that someone is selling to someone else that someone else still has to buy donuts to buy the item if they didn't earn them for free. Either source of the donuts is no different than if they bought the item from the premium store. And if it is a limited time item in all likelihood the price will be higher than when offered in the premium store so they would sell even more donuts. In the proposed example a restriction is being placed on how much one can discount the price of the item. But keep in mind if one got the item for free from a login bonus mystery box. The person who buys it from them with donuts will have to buy the donuts if they didn't get enough free ones. Which again would be no different than if they bought them to buy the item from the premium store.

Here is how they can lose money. Take free donuts out of the equation to make it easy. I have a Whale, but I want Barney. I have 0 donuts. You want a Whale. You have 0 donuts.

Current model: I must buy 250 donuts to get Barney. You must buy 300 donuts to get the Whale. Total sales to EA is 550 donuts.

Proposed model: I offer you the Whale for 250 donuts. You must buy 250 donuts. I no longer need to buy any donuts. Total sales to EA is 250 donuts.
  • Raven_Darkstorm
    418 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    maxeerg wrote:
    Here is how they can lose money. Take free donuts out of the equation to make it easy. I have a Whale, but I want Barney. I have 0 donuts. You want a Whale. You have 0 donuts.

Current model: I must buy 250 donuts to get Barney. You must buy 300 donuts to get the Whale. Total sales to EA is 550 donuts.

Proposed model: I offer you the Whale for 250 donuts. You must buy 250 donuts. I no longer need to buy any donuts. Total sales to EA is 250 donuts.

I hadn't considered that. My thought process was so and so had an extra whale because they got it in a mystery box. So a trading system would allow then to sell it to another player. The other players buying it has to buy donuts regardless of if they bought it from the store or the other player. But now the seller is that many donuts richer. Ok so now that I have thought it through more I see how they don't make as much money. But this might not be a bad thing if they are making more than enough to take the cut. So perhaps the original idea was better direct item for item trading. This does have me interested in knowing just how much they make on the game. I wonder if that info is available.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.