EA Forums - Banner

Crashing after Stonecutters (4.9) Update

Replies

• ghoulfication
    37 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Got email back from ea guess what they said................. nothing keep asking for my username what andriod u have etc I told them what my tablet have to do with the glitch problem etc far out...

Topic email I got from EA was

We have not heard from you in a while topic email

They have not even sent me messages bout glitch problem when going to be resolved or when update 2 fix it

its stupid I sent message when are u fixing this gltich

They just copy and paste first message 2 the next message
  • andkouzgrafix
    1 posts
    edited July 2014
    I had the same problems with the connection but i thought that it could be my internet provider's issue. but for the last 2 days my account just does not continue from last time.. i mean i was 42 lvl player and suddenly it was back from the beginning with the intro video and all.. my account avatar before i press the screen to sync its 42lvl but when it enters the game im back to 1 lvl.. i tried it over and over again but.. i even installed it about 4-5 times but nothing does anyone else have this problem?
  • morphboo785
    49 posts
    edited July 2014
    I have read a few peoples games have gone back to level 1 due to these issues that EA have yet to acknowledge.

I created a new account and tried to play from scratch but its still crashing so its nothing to do with the internet connection as its fine for other games i play on my pone. There is just an issue with tapped out.

I am hoping the new update (which should be this week from what i read somewhere) hopefully should sort all this out as i havent played my game for weeks and missed out on the 4th July missions!

NOT IMPRESSED EA!

:evil: :!:
  • ghoulfication
    37 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    hey guys got email back from EA this is what they told me

I want to start by thanking you for your patience and apologizing for the wait time that you have experienced thus far.

I can understand that the steps that previous advisor had provided to you did not work. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you so far.

I request you to please follow the steps given below to fix this issue :

1. Install Simpsons Tapped Out on a second device, or borrow a device with TSTO installed from a friend.
    - It can be an iOS or an Android device.
    - If you borrow a device, make sure your friend plays TSTO with an Origin account and not anonymous, or loging in on your own account could possibly make them lose their saved game.

2. Once the login screen shows up on the second device, use your account's email and password to log into your Origin account.

3. On the second device, you should now be able to log into the town and play the game normally.

4. In order to fix the issue on you primary device, please perform the following actions on the second device:
    - Collect all quests and house/business money
    - Now, select the “Friends” button and head to the “Other Town”
    - Once in the other town and perform the standard 3 actions.
    - Now head back to the Friends Screen and select “Log Out”

5. Head back into your main device, launch The Simpsons Tapped Out and log into your Origin account if prompted to do so.

6. You should now be able to log into your game with out issues.
    If the issue still persists, please update with the mail and let us know the status.

I appreciate your efforts and understanding towards this and Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you with your issue

Seriously i dont belive my eyes i already tried that 3 days ago did not work. keep crashing on me i told them before where update fix the glitch
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • morphboo785
    49 posts
    edited July 2014

I want to start by thanking you for your patience and apologizing for the wait time that you have experienced thus far.

I can understand that the steps that previous advisor had provided to you did not work. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you so far.

1. Install Simpsons Tapped Out on a second device, or borrow a device with TSTO installed from a friend.
    - If you borrow a device, make sure your friend plays TSTO with an Origin account and not anonymous, or loging in on your own account could possibly make them lose their saved game.

2. Once the login screen shows up on the second device, use your account's email and password to log into your Origin account.

3. On the second device, you should now be able to log into the town and play the game normally.

4. In order to fix the issue on you primary device, please perform the following actions on the second device:

5. Head back into your main device, launch The Simpsons Tapped Out and log into your Origin account if prompted to do so.

If the issue still persists, please update with the mail and let us know the status.

I appreciate your efforts and understanding towards this and Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you with your issue

Seriously i dont belive my eyes i already tried that 3 days ago did not work. keep crashing on me i told them before where update fix the glitch

I got the exact same response and didnt even bother as i knew full well it wouldnt work.
  • sheezie04
    5 posts
    edited July 2014
    I've tried and it didnt work either. However, im still able to play with my second device without any issue.. now I am wondering could it be my primary device that having problem to login.
  • neep698
    10 posts
    edited July 2014
    jukan00 wrote:
    Same issues as everyone else. Have tried uninstalling 4 times in a row and every time it won't give me the origin log in screen! I'm stuck with a brand new town that it somehow remembers where I'm at but I haven't logged into any origin account. Even after a reinstall no origin login option just takes right back to level one with lisa homer and apu. Even after uninstalling and powercycling my phone. I'm dumbfounded.

same here, **** now!
  • morphboo785
    49 posts
    edited July 2014
    I have been playing TSTO on a Samsung, Iphone and Kindle and all seemed fine until the latest updates.

Every now and then i can get into the game and sometimes for days i cant.

I can play other games fine on my phone, just have issues with tapped out.
  • ghoulfication
    37 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    hey just got another email from EA

stated Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Experience back again.

I appreciate your response that was a quick one and I also appreciate your efforts for trying out the Troubleshooting steps.

This issue you are experiencing is normally caused by a corrupt save of your land the last time you closed the game. Thankfully we can fix this issue by restoring your town from a backup stored on our servers, these backups are taken daily from the first login of the day. If you can please let me know the last date that you played successfully without this problem and I will roll back the game to the backup from that date. This will hopefully resolve the issue for you.

Please be aware though that restoring a backup to your town will reset the town to the state it was in at the time the backup was taken. This means there is a possibility of lost progress, such as xp, money, donuts & any items or characters you may have purchased.

Please reply directly to this email advising if you would like to go ahead with the restore and the last date that you were able to play correctly. If you have any other questions about this procedure please feel free to ask and I will be more than happy to answer you.

Also, please provide us with the below mentioned details so that we reset the game on the correct account :

- Origin ID
    - E-Mail Address

And remember to keep up to date on all things The Simpsons Tapped Out please visit the official forums at :

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/233.page

Once again I appreciate your efforts and understanding towards this and Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you with your issue.

Please do update your decision in this pre-existing anytime. Please do logout of your game if you wish to rollback and please do not login back until we contact you back. We are available 24*7 to help our customers with any issue they face with our games.

Are You Serious everybody experiencing same problem what in world is corrupts save data have to do with game crashing?????
  • diddoboydiddo
    131 posts Member
    edited July 2014

I got the exact same response and didnt even bother as i knew full well it wouldnt work.

Doesn't anyone else think it's total crap that their only "solution" is to own or borrow a second device to get these problems solved?!?! Just fix it on your end already, EA!!!!!
  • stevec1271
    10 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Mine crashes ever since the stonecutters finished. It says can't connect to the server and has to be restarted every time. I use an iPad mini.
  • ghoulfication
    37 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    stevec1271 wrote:
    Mine crashes ever since the stonecutters finished. It says can't connect to the server and has to be restarted every time. I use an iPad mini.

dude if u reading thread before u ur not alone billion other play experience same deal and fact is nobody can play
  • marlowrider
    3 posts
    edited July 2014
    Same problem. Waiting for game to load and synchronize. Could still log in after waiting for sometime after 4th of July. Then crashes after going through friends. Now the donut keeps spinning endlessly!

Happened after i purchased nighthawk diner. Probably halfway through quest. Not even sure if I'm done.

Performed troubleshooting steps a few times. Not going to send ticket. Based on the thread, you (ea) will simply respond with a "copied and pasted automatic response template". It's pretty obvious that you (ea) have no clue as to what's going on. Go figure...when you (ea) designed the game!

Anyway, just adding my name to the list.
  • Walt3rHWhit3
    7 posts
    edited July 2014
    I've having the same problem now 4 more than over a week.* u EA!! Fix this crap already!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • morphboo785
    49 posts
    edited July 2014
    Just received an Email from EA advising my case had been closed as i hadn't responded !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shock: I did reply !!!!

Not impressed.

:evil:
  • ghoulfication
    37 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    just got email back from EA Not bloody happy they not even answering my bloody question which everybody here and million of other simpsons tapp out fan being waiting for here the third email they sent me below look what they said....

Thank you for contacting us again.

Its sad to know that the suggested troubleshooting did not work. Please let me know the exact date on which you were able to play the game without any problem. I will roll back your game to that date to resolve your issue.

Please be aware though that restoring a backup to your town will reset the town to the state it was in at the time the backup was taken. This means there is a possibility of lost progress, such as xp, money, donuts & any items or characters you may have purchased.

Please reply directly to this email advising if you would like to go ahead with the restore and the last date that you were able to play correctly. If you have any other questions about this procedure please feel free to ask and I will be more than happy to answer you.

And remember to keep up to date on all things The Simpsons Tapped Out please visit the official forums at :http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/233.page

I request you to please update on the same mail so that we can provide you a higher level of support.

That second time they ask me that same bloody question we reset ur town

here what i responded

Hi Are you kidding me everybody experiencing this same problem since the simpsons Stone cutter event ended right after that all The simpsons tap out player cant even play the town everybody cant even play the game when we press the simpsons tap out app it load we see donut spin then the game close off

when are you releasing the update to fix the glitch???? its not just me who saying this i got friend who cant play other people cant play my sisters who love this game cant play it

its been nearly 2 week now nobody can play

• ghoulfication
    37 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    they sent me another email i asked when they going to release updated patch guess what they said

Thank you for getting back to us with requested information.

please provide us the other vital requested information to assist you further because without these information we are unable to assist you further.

So, kindly please provide us the below information:
    Ignore the particular information you have already provided.

- Game Name:
    - Game Version:
    - Type of Bug:
    - Description of how error occurred:
    - Device type:
    - Modem Firmware:
    - Memory Capacity:
    - Number of Applications:
    - Capacity:
    - Available:
    - Screen shot attached: (y/n)

Additionally, I suggest you to please visit our game forums to have more information regarding the game. Please follow the below link to locate the same: http://answers.ea.com.

I request you to please update on the same mail so that we can provide you a higher level of support.

you see what the hell they not telling me when is release patch going to be done just keep stalling me
  • sirazrael28
    2 posts
    edited July 2014
    Meh, its been three weeks, moving on.
  • ghoulfication
    37 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I am waiting still but still little hope but I am playing family guy version
  • Jblue8298
    7994 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Crash, crash stinkin crash crashity crash! Soo frustrating, argh!

**end mini rant**
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.