EA Forums - Banner

Yard sale SUCKS!

Replies

  • SlitherWhisp
    174 posts
    edited July 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    Well the title says it all...

    First off everything on it is overpriced! What the hell!? Half of the stuff on there were free for god sakes! :?:

    Also I knew they were money hungry but this!? Really? They didn't even bother to hide it this time. How could you not add at least one or two "free" things? At least last years yard sale they gave some things for in game cash (even-though most of free stuff sucked.) Now they just completely said F it!

    I can't say I'm shocked at this, but it kinda sucks that they are still doing crap like this! :? :roll:

    Agreed 100% AJ

    A great opportunity for EA to get some money off of me and yet again their pricing has alienated me to the point of saying that's it, definately not playing as a premium player anymore.

    Nice move EA, nice, congrats, you've successfully alienated me enough with your pricing to stop me spending money on your game, and i spent a lot

    If i could be bothered i'd give you the sarcastic clap clap gif, but you don't even deserve that

    dang.... I failed

    Trying again....

    kane-clap.gif
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    Well the title says it all...

    First off everything on it is overpriced! What the hell!? Half of the stuff on there were free for god sakes! :?:

    Also I knew they were money hungry but this!? Really? They didn't even bother to hide it this time. How could you not add at least one or two "free" things? At least last years yard sale they gave some things for in game cash (even-though most of free stuff sucked.) Now they just completely said F it!

    I can't say I'm shocked at this, but it kinda sucks that they are still doing crap like this! :? :roll:

    Agreed 100% AJ

    A great opportunity for EA to get some money off of me and yet again their pricing has alienated me to the point of saying that's it, definately not playing as a premium player anymore.

    Nice move EA, nice, congrats, you've successfully alienated me enough with your pricing to stop me spending money on your game, and i spent a lot

    If i could be bothered i'd give you the sarcastic clap clap gif, but you don't even deserve that
    Here. I'll do it for you, and I'm sure this is speaking for many of us. :lol:

    giphy.gif
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • rymflaherty
    6 posts
    edited July 2014

    ...And if they made some items available for in-game currency, say Father Sean, there would be a thread, with people who grinded and went through hell to get the character, complaining that now any one can get him and for in game cash.

    I'm not saying there aren't valid points in this thread, or that I wouldn't have liked some of those things personally, I'm just pointing out there's always going to be a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" quality to these sort of things.

    Really it is what it says. A Yard Sale.
    Old stuff, and things players could have missed. With a give-take: You missed it the first time, we'll be nice and give you one more shot, but you're going to have to pay a premium for that privilege.
    And in case of actual premium items, it wasn't even extra. The one item I really wanted was the Mr. Sparkle billboard, so I'm glad I had the chance to purchase that. And I believe it was the same price as when it was released. (If not there wasn't much increase).
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    ...And if they made some items available for in-game currency, say Father Sean, there would be a thread, with people who grinded and went through hell to get the character, complaining that now any one can get him and for in game cash.

    I'm not saying there aren't valid points in this thread, or that I wouldn't have liked some of those things personally, I'm just pointing out there's always going to be a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" quality to these sort of things.

    Really it is what it says. A Yard Sale.
    Old stuff, and things players could have missed. With a give-take: You missed it the first time, we'll be nice and give you one more shot, but you're going to have to pay a premium for that privilege.
    And in case of actual premium items, it wasn't even extra. The one item I really wanted was the Mr. Sparkle billboard, so I'm glad I had the chance to purchase that. And I believe it was the same price as when it was released. (If not there wasn't much increase).
    My complaint wasn't for the fact that they charged donuts for the items they charged them for. What I was saying was being overpriced and not adding things (even small things) as "free" purchases didn't make sense.

    Neuroheart gave an excellent suggestion. They could've used decorations from previous events as free items. That would've balanced out the yard sale nicely.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • sorry89charlie
    147 posts
    edited July 2014
    I agree not that great
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Agree with OP about overpricing. As I bought, I couldn't help think of how happy this was making those out there who were the most strident about liking their Springfield to be "special" so things that were limited should not be available again.

    They must at least be thrilled that EA is really putting the screws to those of us who were unable to go to recess as early as they did, and now have to pay, not only SOME donuts, but instead such LUDICROUS amounts of donuts for things they paid no donuts for.

    It would have made them angry any other way, I think. I'm sure at least some of them are amused.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • steviebwell
    163 posts
    edited July 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Kind of wish they would offer the Easter decos for in game cash. Having to make due with what I got randomly has been just one of the many irritating things about that event.
    (Also, if they offered them for cash, maybe they'd enable selling them, so people could get rid of what they don't want.)

    I agree, there were quite a few Easter decorations that I could use more of to finish the designs I wanted but I have made do with what I have.
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited July 2014
    Of course it does. The only new thing offered is Mayan Marge and everything is purchasable only with donuts whereas last year we had the venting machine and the donut vehicle for money.

    My favourite item last year was the Hermes Smithers statue :(
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    It's not about the. Charging donuts, it's about them ONLY charging donuts which is upsetting. Of course they are gonna charge premium for limited time things, but overcharging is wrong, and so is going all premium on an update.

    Also many of the older players already have most of the things on there so why not offer something new and unique to accompany the old?

    they offer new stuff all the time. my town is full of stuff that was new at one point. prizes, in-game cash, and premium items. THIS sale happens to be offering stuff people may have missed out on.

  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    It's not about the. Charging donuts, it's about them ONLY charging donuts which is upsetting. Of course they are gonna charge premium for limited time things, but overcharging is wrong, and so is going all premium on an update.

    Also many of the older players already have most of the things on there so why not offer something new and unique to accompany the old?

    they offer new stuff all the time. my town is full of stuff that was new at one point. prizes, in-game cash, and premium items. THIS sale happens to be offering stuff people may have missed out on.
    Yeah and that's the point of a yard sale in this game...

    They should have made this yard sale like they did last summer. Even people on this thread made awesome suggestions. What the developers couldn't think of this?

    There were so many simple things they could've done to make this yard sale more balanced but instead they chose the lazy option, and then have the audacity to ask a ridicules amount of donuts for the items that were once FREE.

    Look I don't have a problem with asking money for something people missed out on. What I'm saying is be reasonable with your pricing, and don't forget about players who don't necessarily want anything on that list. Maybe also be inclusive of players that don't spend hundreds of dollars on this game. Is this really so hard to understand? :?
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I think things are a bit expensive, but more so, it's such a small list. Is this normal? The only thing I really want is the Helter Shelter, but is that worth it?
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I only had Mayan Marge and the Mr Sparkle Billboard in the store. I bought Mayan Marge, and it looks like she has a storyline. I've already got a Mr Sparkle billboard, though..

    I guess this was good for newer players that spend donuts...probably their target audience, I'd say. I hope the next content update is not too far off.
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited July 2014
    How did I miss Mayan marge ? I got all the Mayan stuff and was unaware of this marge skin...would buy it but I'm 6donuts short
    Buy a scratcher. Or two. :wink:
  • Tara1qt
    406 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Kind of wish they would offer the Easter decos for in game cash. Having to make due with what I got randomly has been just one of the many irritating things about that event.
    (Also, if they offered them for cash, maybe they'd enable selling them, so people could get rid of what they don't want.)

    +1 Totally agree
  • A_KidAndHisCape
    301 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Don't think this thread will help speed up the day EA releases a Donut welfare program for the complaining poors.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Perhaps this would be a different story, if EA had bothered to do a donut sale this summer, before all these non-stop limited time item updates. I agree that the pricing is too much. Thats par for the course in 2014 though. :roll:
  • doh1886
    916 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    It's expensive due to its rarity. May never return.
  • Lovelybella87
    276 posts
    edited July 2014
    Definitely would have been nice to balance things out with some decorations for in game cash.
    Downsides of yard sale:
    *Not enough for those that already have items (only got 4 things to purchase)
    *Overpriced premiums (big surprise)
    *Nothing for in game cash (anything would have been good)
    *Helter shelter is now smaller ( and doesn't match some of the other buildings?!)
    Upsides of yard sale:
    *Newbies can now get very desirable items previously missed
    *For those that had Mayan Homer, Cool Homer, Gorgeous Grandpa, and BC Willie they are now premium payout. (All of which were free or in game cash)
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Don't think this thread will help speed up the day EA releases a Donut welfare program for the complaining poors.
    LMAO! Playing this game religiously will make you get on welfare in real life! :lol:

    I'd prefer to keep my real money in my wallet and spend it on real things, not spend it on virtual money and act like an entitled little child... :roll:
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I agree! :-\
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.