EA Forums - Banner

Sucker alert......

Prev1
I bought Mayan Marge. It was the only thing I could buy, that I didn't already have..

Replies

• Dotcom180
    601 posts
    edited July 2014
    As a freemium player i'm not going to buy anything... not only that i'm too poor for these prices i'm really disappointed at this Yard sale. :cry:
  • Jblue8298
    7994 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm taking a step back, and am not going to rush into anything. We have until August, so who knows how many free donuts will pop up before then.

Then maybe I can get something for just an extra 5 bucks worth.
  • Surfcitygal
    1242 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    I bought Mayan Marge. It was the only thing I could buy, that I didn't already have..

Same here
  • iiRoveTSTO
    14 posts
    edited July 2014
    I have been playing for a few days now, and will get some of these items. What is a skin?
  • SUM1HATED
    242 posts
    edited July 2014
    I want springfield falls so bad, i have water running through my town but would like the falls so the water is coming from somewhere, anyone know if it will ever make a return as I've been waiting for it to return for about a year now.
  • adamscottc
    50 posts
    edited July 2014
    A skin is another 'costume' for a character to wear, not a new character in its own right.

I bought Father Sean.

80p a day is cheap entertainment for sure!
  • cogitoergosum8
    455 posts
    edited July 2014
    Yes. *raises hand* Another sucker right here. :oops:

I really love the look of Mayan Marge and Mayan Homer. They're so cool. I love colorful costumes and characters. One of the reasons I bought Manjula/Apu's Apt. and the Fireworks store was because of how colorful they are. I'm a bit simple-minded when it comes to aesthetics. Colors lure me in like a moth to a flame. I love Marge's headdress. I also love Homer's maize eating task. It is so ridiculously overpriced and I really wanted to get Barney, but what sealed the deal is that Barney is permanent. I can save up to get him in the future. The Mayan stuff probably won't be around again for a long time. I had to jump on it while it's here.
  • cogitoergosum8
    455 posts
    edited July 2014
    iiRoveTSTO wrote:
    I have been playing for a few days now, and will get some of these items. What is a skin?

As another poster said, it's just a costume for existing characters. It gives you a whole new set of tasks too. Many skins give premium payout for their tasks, so you get more money than you do with your vanilla (non-skin, regular) characters.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Yes, I'm a sucker. About to buy enough donuts for Ninja Homer, the Mayan Collection and, best of all, the Cool Brown House. I know it's a waste of money really but I just can't help myself. On the other hand if I buy 900 donuts I'll have about 400 left which should cover August so it'll work out about 80p per day. Cheap entertainment. Or not?

What are you buying fellow suckers? :)

I bought it all. :)

(NOTE TO SELF: Never search Google Images using keyword "sucker&quot )
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I bought a truckload of donuts to get the cool brown house, also got the shirtless Willie skin. I will be saving the remainder towards my goal of getting Disco Stu and Arnie Pye to complete my collection of stonecutters. (I'd like ninja Homer, but he has plenty of skins, and it's not worth 100 D's to me.)
  • Pinpal00
    995 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I bought it all. :)

(NOTE TO SELF: Never search Google Images using keyword "sucker&quot )

Of course, once you put the idea in my head, I couldn't resist.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSboOYjrIzrR4lrnTvZ_I0fawVwAirInP82jB1cKRchw0ftNcMd

(NOTE TO SELF: Take Annette's advice.)
  • mikepellerin60
    491 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I bought everything but the Ice God.
    Moe: "Moe's tavern, home of the worlds smallest large screen TV."
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited July 2014
    People say the stuff is pricey, and it kinda is. BUT over time, we amass more multipliers and cash revenue that leads to being able to eventually donut farm.

So, it kinda works out.

• TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited July 2014
    I did not buy everything. Just what i needed CBH and Frink house, and Mayan Skins
  • ZennGlenn
    1746 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    People say the stuff is pricey, and it kinda is. BUT over time, we amass more multipliers and cash revenue that leads to being able to eventually donut farm.

So, it kinda works out.

Donut Farm? ...what/how?
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I bought everything but the Ice God.

I can't imagine EA is selling Ice God in Summer... It's now a pile of melted ice in my town! :mrgreen:

Icegod.pngIcegodmelted.png
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • TheThrashMan
    365 posts
    edited July 2014
    mwdalton wrote:

Same here.
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    As I have already own the Mayan Calendar, I read from Simpsonswiki that this Yard Sales is also selling the Mayan Calendar at 300 donuts... is this correct?

I'm happy to see that Mayan Marge has a quest with the Mayan Calendar since this decoration has been in my town idle for the past 2 years.

Btw, a Yard Sales without Gil is so wrong... Hahaha.
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • shawn59736
    540 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    I bought a truckload of donuts to get the cool brown house, also got the shirtless Willie skin. I will be saving the remainder towards my goal of getting Disco Stu and Arnie Pye to complete my collection of stonecutters. (I'd like ninja Homer, but he has plenty of skins, and it's not worth 100 D's to me.)

.....just thought you might want to know how annoying Arnie Pye is. I bought him because of the helicopter, of course, but I thought I should mention his annoying voice. Just trying to help a brother out.
  • kuroashicook
    709 posts
    edited July 2014
    mwdalton wrote:

I wish I could say the same. Haha. I broke down and bought the CBH, which at least came with a new skin ( bugs me that it was a free item at first), but alas, it came out right before my time.

I don't know if I can break down and buy 300 donuts for the mayan stuff since it doesn't really come with a building. That and the super collider are the only things now I don't have. Between my new addiction, Clash of Clans, I have some hard decisions to make. :evil: :evil:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.