EA Forums - Banner

for those that bought the Cool Brown House, Ultrahouse2 and Helter Shelter be4

I just tried it and the quest started again. Thx for bringing this up. It'd be cool if we could replay the old quests from Halloween and Christmas 2012.
My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord

Replies

• LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Bhawks2012 wrote:
    I just tried it and the quest started again. Thx for bringing this up. It'd be cool if we could replay the old quests from Halloween and Christmas 2012.
    i think they fixed it since there was a glitch you couldn't place it anymore once stored.
  • amcevil
    350 posts
    edited July 2014
    I stored Helter Shelter and placed it again and it triggered the dialogue from the place the Helter Shelter task, no other tasks were associated with that "quest line". I stored Ultrahouse 2 and it triggered the "Make Homer Share a Romantic Evening with the Ultrahouse 2" one-use quest from Halloween.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    amcevil wrote:
    I stored Ultrahouse 2 and it triggered the "Make Homer Share a Romantic Evening with the Ultrahouse 2" one-use quest from Halloween.
    I may have to do that. No other way I'm gonna see the house animate again, at last not until another event that animates when neighbors visit.
  • amcevil
    350 posts
    edited July 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    amcevil wrote:
    I stored Ultrahouse 2 and it triggered the "Make Homer Share a Romantic Evening with the Ultrahouse 2" one-use quest from Halloween.
    I may have to do that. No other way I'm gonna see the house animate again, at last not until another event that animates when neighbors visit.

As an added bonus the icon in the task book is the Ultrahouse control panel with the red camera eye from the show.
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    amcevil wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    amcevil wrote:

As an added bonus the icon in the task book is the Ultrahouse control panel with the red camera eye from the show.

Which itself is a parody of HAL's visual display from 2001: A Space Odyssey :)
  • just_glyding
    191 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I actually found this a little annoying.

I wanted to try and cancel Homer off his 'Listen to Indie rock' task, so put the Cool Brown House in storage.

It didn't cancel his task btw, but when he finished it re-started the old questline.

Not super enthused about doing it again but my OCD demands I keep my task book clear :lol:
  • Nitsujdark
    515 posts
    edited July 2014
    Is it just these that you can redo the quests for? Would be cool it they let you redo all the quests for if nothing else all the premium buildings by storing and replacing.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Nitsujdark wrote:
    Is it just these that you can redo the quests for? Would be cool it they let you redo all the quests for if nothing else all the premium buildings by storing and replacing.
    i think it regards only the rereleased buildings
  • crosby357
    3051 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Worked for me with the Ultrahouse. Interesting.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't know if it still happens, but I once had this type of thing with Kamp Krusty. It didn't do the whole quest line I don't think, but it started the dialogue.
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    That's fantastic, thanks for the heads up LP! I'm storing the CBH as soon as I get home :)
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Hmm, I should probably finish the questline for the CBH in my feeder towns. I've been meaning to do that :)
  • hankscorpio23
    621 posts Member
    edited July 2014

I was able to start the Ultra house 2 quest and received dialogue for Helter Shelter but nothing happened for Cool Brown House.
  • TheThrashMan
    365 posts
    edited July 2014
    Of course I see this thread after putting everyone on a 24 hour cycle. Oh well, at least I'll have something to do tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up!
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I was able to start the Ultra house 2 quest and received dialogue for Helter Shelter but nothing happened for Cool Brown House.

Did you have Homer free? I waited until he was free before I stored and replaced the CBH and it prompted right away.
  • bncagney
    131 posts
    edited July 2014
    I got cool brown house quests to start.
    I got a pop up but no quests for helper shelter.
    Have to try ultra house because and the haunted house confused. Ultra house is Fink's right?
  • mikepellerin60
    492 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    bncagney wrote:
    Have to try ultra house because and the haunted house confused. Ultra house is Fink's right?

No, the Ultrahouse is not Frink's Lab.
    Moe: "Moe's tavern, home of the worlds smallest large screen TV."
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    That happened to me with ultrahouse 2 and the cool brown house.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    strangely if you put the houses and shelter in storage, and take it out again, you can experience the quest once again.
    at last that's what happened to me. :mrgreen:

Is it?? I might have to give this a go :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.