Replies

• epitluck
    21 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    then quit
  • badbutttuesday
    109 posts
    edited July 2014
    I wont get into the free/pay argument... call it what you want but some of the complaining is annoying.

First... the stonecutter event was a good event. They listened and released a summer event. they listened and got rid of the wheel. they listened and got rid of the complete chance base aspect of awards/prizes/content.

the added the radio station FP prize.

second... I've read 5000 posts about how Krustyland is stupid, useless, worthless, a waste of space, etc. They give content for Krustyland and people complain about getting content for Krustyland.

they are trying to make KL a more viable part of the game experience and people complain. I don't get it.

I am not, nor have I ever been one to support EA but come on already. it's a little game we play on our phones to pass the time. My only real concern is that the game works smoothly [rare] and that we get a somewhat steady stream of content.

Some of the guys on here spend donuts to do everything in 10 minutes and then complain they are bored. stop speeding things up.
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    epitluck wrote:
    then quit

This really is the only necessary reply.
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited July 2014
    1st off: defenders of tsto, it'll all be ok, take a deep breath.

2nd: I've spent well over $100 on this game which makes it the single most expensive game that I have ever played. (Runner up was lufia 2 for $80 I believe in 1996)

3rd: just calling a spade a spade it's been a pretty lame summer for tsto. I enjoyed stonecutters but that's it.

Well I'm afraid that it was your choice to spend money on it. So do I. The other day, for another thread, I worked out I spend maybe 40p a day (65c to you) on this. What can you buy for that low amount each day to keep you entertained? Not even a squishee. :wink:

The Stonecutters was great and promises more for the future. And they made items I'd missed available in the Yard Sale. The Cool Brown House was the building I really wanted and the Mayan stuff is also cool.

Frankly, I think you expect too much and your complaints need to have a bit more humour. Like Josh. Thank you. :D
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    I wont get into the free/pay argument... call it what you want but some of the complaining is annoying.

So stay out of those threads. I am sick of the we don't have land crap. So you know what I do? I ignore the threads about not having land.
  • vic147
    615 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:
    First...It is a free game. You can play this game and have a hell of a lot of fun without spending a dime.

Second...the stonecutters event was great. Universally loved by all. Shut up.

Sorry but no, it's not a free game, nothing in life is free.
  • vic147
    615 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:
    First...It is a free game. You can play this game and have a hell of a lot of fun without spending a dime.

Actually it's a profit based game for ea designed to make them $$. Some content of the game is free that doesn't make it a free game.

+1, could not describe it better.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    vic147 wrote:
    lukeout007 wrote:

Actually it's a profit based game for ea designed to make them $$. Some content of the game is free that doesn't make it a free game.

+1, could not describe it better.

Thanks, nice to gave some support for that one lol.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    vic147 wrote:
    lukeout007 wrote:

I haven't spent much at all on this game yet (short on money) but you can indeed have fun without paying for anything. You can just have more fun paying. My only problem is that I think the donuts are a bit expensive, and will only buy them when they're on sale.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    Ningyo42 wrote:
    vic147 wrote:
    lukeout007 wrote:

I haven't spent much at all on this game yet (short on money) but you can indeed have fun without paying for anything. You can just have more fun paying. My only problem is that I think the donuts are a bit expensive, and will only buy them when they're on sale.

Argh! That doesn't make it a free game. I can play tones of games for free when I dl demos that doesn't make them free freakin games. It makes them have free content designed to make you purchase more.
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Ningyo42 wrote:
    vic147 wrote:
    lukeout007 wrote:

Argh! That doesn't make it a free game. I can play tones of games for free when I dl demos that doesn't make them free freakin games. It makes them have free content designed to make you purchase more.

This game is far beyond a demo. Your logic is ridiculous.
  • vic147
    615 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Ningyo42 wrote:
    vic147 wrote:
    lukeout007 wrote:

Sorry again but no, I've spent on this game alone over 2 thousand dollars.

1 all the premium content ( I know it's optional, and not necessary to run the game)
    2 when all the lagging, crashing, connection issues began (almost at the beginning of the game)
    i was playing on an older iPad, so I had to fork over a thousand dollars just to continue playing
    THIS game. All my other games,programs worked smoothly, except TSTO
    3 internet connection is not free. ( I live in Mexico City, the price for monthly internet alone cost 80 bucks
    a month)
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    vic147 wrote:
    Ningyo42 wrote:
    vic147 wrote:
    lukeout007 wrote:

Sorry again but no, I've spent on this game alone over 2 thousand dollars.

1 all the premium content ( I know it's optional, and not necessary to run the game)
    2 when all the lagging, crashing, connection issues began (almost at the beginning of the game)
    I was playing on an older iPad, so I had to fork over a thousand dollars just to continue playing
    THIS game. All my other games,programs worked smoothly, except TSTO
    3 internet connection is not free. ( I live in Mexico City, the price for monthly internet alone cost 80 bucks
    a month)

Please tell me you're rich. Why the flying F would you spend 2 grand on a cell phone game?
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:
    lukeout007 wrote:

You can play all the levels without spending a dime. Free.

Nope, it has free content. I get game demos free as well but that doesn't make it a free game. EA had specifically designed this game so people will spend tones of money. These "free" to play games are actually way more profitable than any one time fee of $50, why? Because basically what ea has done is made 43 expansion packs for this game. Not free.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:
    Ningyo42 wrote:
    vic147 wrote:
    lukeout007 wrote:

No it's not, as soon as there are $ attached to a game it's not free. This is not a free game.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    It's been specifically designed by the manufacturer to make extravagant amounts of $ on, making it not free.
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:
    Ningyo42 wrote:
    vic147 wrote:
    lukeout007 wrote:

No it's not, as soon as there are $ attached to a game it's not free. This is not a free game.

I want nothing to do with this argument any further. It's like talking to a brick wall. Better threads await...
  • denthdeath
    81 posts
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:
    Ningyo42 wrote:
    vic147 wrote:
    lukeout007 wrote:

wow all that tenacity just to hear you're right?
    man come on everybody has his own opinion, we heard your so let's move on......
    if all you want to hear is that you are right, here it is you are right..... happy???

sheesh
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    From what I've read, this game isn't going to be allowed to call itself free for much longer. The EU is pushing Google and Apple to change the listings in the app stores. The change could well go global.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited July 2014
    maxeerg wrote:
    From what I've read, this game isn't going to be allowed to call itself free for much longer. The EU is pushing Google and Apple to change the listings in the app stores. The change could well go global.

Yep, heard something similar. If this does turn out to be true, this is the best news we will ever get.

What would the future hold for the game? Same as before, they just won't be able to call it free, if it's goign to be free, all content in the game will have to be free. EA's option, to release a premium version of the game - so then we have the situation that was mentioned a while back, a free version v's a premium version of the game, essentially, the forum would be split in two, with the need for a premium player only section. Who knows, but i hope it gets pushed through the courts and Apple and Google (and the others) are forced to actually admit these games are not free

Made my night that has reading your post
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!