Prev1
Keys1980
393 posts New member
You should eBaythat lego :D

Replies

• SheaHaviland
    22 posts
    edited December 2012
    I am the same exact way! besides the darn drive thru on the Gulp n' Blow and the Krusty Burger. Im currently redesigning my town but i think it is coming along nicely. I have numerous amounts of small plots for trees and shrubbery between some buildings to create small parks and what not. I added you so I can see what yours looks like. Hopefully you can tell me what you think of mine as well.
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited December 2012
    Keys1980 wrote:
    Then every once and a while practicality and function are trumped by overall aesthetic. I will sacrifice function for the pretty.
    Do you mean that awkwardly-placed dumpster between the Kwik-E-Mart and Gulp-N-Blow? I've tried putting them where I want, but can't. My drive-throughs are like yours. I don't like them set up that way, they take up too much space, but need them to be functional.
  • Keys1980
    393 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    I am the same exact way! besides the darn drive thru on the Gulp n' Blow and the Krusty Burger. Im currently redesigning my town but i think it is coming along nicely. I have numerous amounts of small plots for trees and shrubbery between some buildings to create small parks and what not. I added you so I can see what yours looks like. Hopefully you can tell me what you think of mine as well.

Cool. I'll add ya and get back to ya. Off to bed tonight, work tomorrow. Bloody 12 hour shifts, not enough hours in the day :cry:
  • Keys1980
    393 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    dromtsul wrote:
    Keys1980 wrote:
    Then every once and a while practicality and function are trumped by overall aesthetic. I will sacrifice function for the pretty.
    Do you mean that awkwardly-placed dumpster between the Kwik-E-Mart and Gulp-N-Blow? I've tried putting them where I want, but can't. My drive-throughs are like yours. I don't like them set up that way, they take up too much space, but need them to be functional.

Yea. I actually don't mind my dumpster placement. Not in love with it but don't mind it. So many aspects are rather subjective. However I do agree making functional drive thru's make a bit of an eye sore as they do take up to much space IMO as well.
  • Trieste53
    69 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    No churches next to bars.

Come to Milwaukee. When mass is over, the bar next door or across the street fills up.
  • JamesCarrIV
    7 posts
    edited December 2012
    Keys, I added you as a friend. I'm dying to see what your town looks like. I'm OCD about that kinda stuff too. My city is just a baby though.
  • joeyransdell
    120 posts
    edited December 2012
    Jumping on the bandwagon and just requested you as well
  • Doh_Inc
    242 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm the same way, and it worked well for me up until the police station was built and the Christmas event started. My Springfield is driving me crazy. :(
  • Lsleong
    258 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Jumping on the bandwagon and just requested you as well

Ditto! Would love to see your town, keys.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Cleverest add me thread ever, you're not even asking for people to add you and yet I find that I also want you to sign me up if you have the space?
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Added you.

P.S I don't know where you're from but there is no volcano lair where I live, any suggestions?
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited December 2012
    Doh_Inc wrote:
    I'm the same way, and it worked well for me up until the police station was built and the Christmas event started. My Springfield is driving me crazy. :(

Same here :? Somewhere between christmas and grinding hardcore to get all the buildings quickly (still in the endless Krabapple quests) I kind of stopped designing and new buildings are being temporarily placed. I decided I have to wait to do a re-design otherwise I'll pain-stakingly place decorations, then have to move them and re-erect them; that's just too much tedious work for me to do so many times. So until I get channel 6, the hospital etc my town will be a mess, but once I get all the buoldings I'm going to spend probably several days straight (like all day) implementing my ultimate design plans. Of course it won't be totally finished, it will of course grow and certain parts reconsidered, and that's okay since I'll still be accumulating money and won't need to be spending all my time on getting buildings. I do plan to favor functionality while still paying close attention to aesthetics. My town is a mess right now, but I have big plans! Especially after buying a store full of donuts just now :wink:
  • Ramenbot
    66 posts
    edited December 2012
    "Drive thru's need to function as such"

In the real world, apostrophes don't function that way.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Ramenbot wrote:
    "Drive thru's need to function as such"

In the real world, apostrophes don't function that way.

Shouldn't all English teachers be on their winter holidays at the moment?

It is when making comments to people like yourself that the need arises for me to re-read my sentences!
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    xrobotlove wrote:
    Doh_Inc wrote:

Same here :? Somewhere between christmas and grinding hardcore to get all the buildings quickly (still in the endless Krabapple quests) I kind of stopped designing and new buildings are being temporarily placed. I decided I have to wait to do a re-design otherwise I'll pain-stakingly place decorations, then have to move them and re-erect them; that's just too much tedious work for me to do so many times. So until I get channel 6, the hospital etc my town will be a mess, but once I get all the buoldings I'm going to spend probably several days straight (like all day) implementing my ultimate design plans. Of course it won't be totally finished, it will of course grow and certain parts reconsidered, and that's okay since I'll still be accumulating money and won't need to be spending all my time on getting buildings. I do plan to favor functionality while still paying close attention to aesthetics. My town is a mess right now, but I have big plans! Especially after buying a store full of donuts just now :wink:

I'm in a similar position. Well not quite, I'm getting on a bit with a young daughter so there has been no grinding hardcore for me (and other than the adult movie variety, there hasn't been for a long time :wink: ) . I bought and then very quickly spent the store load of doughnuts and although I am maxed out on 24, I have only just got the Krabapple apartment building.

A lot of my SpringfIeld is in a 'transitIon' period (a bit of a mess) and although I don't have house farms but I do have a few homeless homes. I have sometimes been looking up the size of particular buildings on the net and then imagining, using a similar sized building, how they may look and then decorating around them....

Actually, scratch that, you are still young with a bit of a life so stick to the grinding hardcore and work it all out later :-)
  • MaggieLisa33
    101 posts
    edited December 2012
    Yes, I feel the same way. I want everything to look like a real town. However, like many posters have said, when the Christmas update came, I just started collecting like crazy and part of my town is a mess. What really seems like a hindrance to me is that the buildings can't turn 360 degrees, so you are a bit stuck with what you can do. Oh well, after the holidays it will be time to get creative and redesign!

Been playing for a few months, but just started playing with friends this update. I love seeing what others have done with their towns, but want to try not to use others' ideas. I do have a plan in my head - we'll see if I can carry it out.
  • mrmil0
    113 posts
    edited December 2012
    Do you think there are any plans in the future to allow for 360 degree building rotation?
  • pompommini
    77 posts
    edited December 2012
    If you are going to create a realistic Springfield you shouldn't get Frink's lab or the Volcano lair! Buuuut... they are really awesome!
  • Fritter2
    55 posts
    edited December 2012
    I completely agree! My town is fairly new (level 20) but starting to grow faster than my OCD can handle. I'm in a constant argument with myself as to whether I should spend the money on that new building that just opened, or buy more land, or ... my favorite... decorating. Oh, the dilemmas of a Tapped Out player. :D
    Keys, I am seriously impressed with your town. Very, very nice.
  • El Jorge44
    189 posts
    edited December 2012
    I follow some of the same methods. the power plant is near the water (for proper waste dump-off) lol
    the church and cemeteries are near each other. the school is adjacent to my neighborhood and acts as a barrier between houses and the small shops. Moes bar is a good distance from the school. my only issue is the prison. which is going to move off to a secluded corner once I get the hospital.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.