EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons Guy

2Next

Replies

• maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    sojournfan wrote:
    I doubt it because EA doesn't have the rights to use FG.
    Well I mean that's not necessarily an issue since obviously there's some form of licensing agreement for them to use Simpsons characters in the episode. Would be cool to get something unobtrusive like the Griffin house for example, that way it wouldn't be too obviously out of place.

Didn't realise it was a family guy episode rather than simpsons though, certainly makes the chances of anything on tapped out a lot slimmer.

The shows and the games are separate. I don't know what sort of agreements Fox has with TinyCo and EA, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they have some form of exclusivity. Fox wouldn't necessarily have the right to let EA use characters that have been licensed to TinyCo.
  • LAgator77
    73 posts
    edited July 2014
    I'm disappointed to see The Simpsons sink so low to appear on an episode of Family Guy. I sure as heck don't want that Family Guy garbage to infect my game.
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Why some fans hate Simpsons-FG crossover, but most fans like Simpsons-Futurama crossover?
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • dhfjhvgjhvhjfg
    1067 posts
    edited July 2014
    Was there this much trouble in the threads about the speculation of futurama characters being added to tapped out?

In response to the original post - Considering the episode is a family guy episode it would be more likely for the simpsons to appear in the family guy game than the other way around as you said...
  • DamnedDonuts
    231 posts
    edited July 2014
    lee67628 wrote:
    Why some fans hate Simpsons-FG crossover, but most fans like Simpsons-Futurama crossover?

Likely an irrational fear of FGTQFS because its a game that is now competing against TSTO whereas Futurama doesn't have a TSTO like game in the running.

It's a territorial thing kinda like when a head of household feels threatened when someone intrudes upon their domain.

Oh and some people are just too *-retentive and haven't learned to get over themselves. :mrgreen:

Personally I play both games and would love to see a crossover though highly unlikely for reasons already discussed. 8)
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    This thread is not locked.
  • crosby357
    3051 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    lee67628 wrote:
    Because Futurama is actually funny.
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Crossovers, in general are horrible ideas. It's a cheap way of saying "I've got nothing creative to offer this week. Let's just combine our show with another popular show and rehash a bunch of our older jokes for cheap laughs." Thus I think the crossover is going to be terrible (SPOILERthey rehashed the freaking chicken fight joke yet again)
  • kenalbon89
    365 posts
    edited July 2014
    lee67628 wrote:

Probably because it's from the same creators :)
  • kandycanada
    395 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm thinking it's more likely we'll get an episode tie in for the Futurama crossover. And can I just say now, please let it be Bender. I think this is the only way I can see a little tapable Bender, since a Futurama Tapped out also seems unlikely.

OFF TOPIC
    I think FG is more likely to get the episode tie in for the Simpsons crossover, not just because it's happening on their show, but because it seems more in the nature of their game. FOR EXAMPLE, I'm in the process of unlocking Patrick Stewart. And at some point, I will be potentially unlocking Ron Pearlman and Felicia Day. You could also win George Takei. Since these people aren't exactly FG characters, I could see some version of the Simpsons potentially ending up in the FG game. But I imagine they won't be yellow. And I would be okay with that.
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited July 2014
    kenalbon89 wrote:
    lee67628 wrote:

Probably because it's from the same creators :)

Well, I just gave the game a second chance and gave up within five minutes. It was SO laggy, just collecting money from a house froze the game. It's NOT the device, Tappef Out plays fine.

With gameplay like that, I can understand peoples hatred.
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I've said this before if they do a episode tie on for the crossover, will probably get some item or new character that appears in the show, to commemorate the episode. I don't think we will get any of the main characters.

I play both gets, I like them both. Both games have their issues from time to time, but I fully enjoy playing both games. I haven't experienced any lag, nor have I experienced half of the amount of problems that I have with Tapped out. That being said, I have no idea why the FG game gets so much hate here.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.