EA Forums - Banner

Has anyone used the new "put all your stuff in inventory" and how has it worked out for you?

g0lem000 wrote:
Was it good starting over again - or was it a colossal pain in the **** with all the trees, fences and other peripherals. And if you did do it - do you start with all the land you had? Or does it revert to the small piece of land with Homer's house? Thanks!

You don't lose your land! That would be terrible.

From what I heard, everyone that started over really wanted to. So it was worth it for them. Of course, it is a colossal task, but it doesn't mean they had fun with it. And if your town is cluttered or messy, then it can only improve at the end!

Remember, it's just as annoying as re-placing those fences and shrubs if you're just redecorating parts at a time.

Some other notes: Storing SF doesn't affect KL, and vice-versa. Things that can't be stored (Simpsons House, SQ entrance) won't be stored.

Replies

• jmcwaffles
    59 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I did it for my Krustyland about a week ago. It was easy and it worked out great. I'm not sure why I was so freaked out to try it. So much easier than putting stuff in storage one by one.
    I've heard others warn about losing progress in Springfield if you have stuff cooking. For example crops or Brandine babies.

Good luck!
  • MISTER ZOMBEE
    4696 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    It just puts everything into your inventory that can be removed. A few things cant be stored.

This does not affect land. You will have a large area to re-place your stuff into. It's time consuming, but fun.
  • tkprae
    248 posts
    edited July 2014
    jmcwaffles wrote:
    I did it for my Krustyland about a week ago. It was easy and it worked out great. I'm not sure why I was so freaked out to try it. So much easier than putting stuff in storage one by one.
    I've heard others warn about losing progress in Springfield if you have stuff cooking. For example crops or Brandine babies.

Good luck!

This is true. Because it stores everything, it will stop whatever task you are on. I forgot about mentioning that. So if you have Brandine or corn on their 90 day-long task, then you will have to start over if you store the character and/or building.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I nuked my Krustyland because it was kind of a mess and I wanted to try it out without having to destroy all my hard work in Springfield. It was pretty nice, but KL is much smaller than SF. I don't think I'd want to do SF all over again, personally.
  • thedownloh
    72 posts
    edited July 2014
    I did it. It stores everything and it leaves the Lemon Tree and the Simpson house whereever they were placed before you hit the store all button.

I used it to redesign and organize my Springfield after the latest batch of updates.
  • johncolombo
    11503 posts Senior Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Do you get back the rubbish that had been cleaned via homer or Lisa?
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Nope, that's gone forever. (And any that's in town remains out, because it isn't storable.)
  • emikab
    49 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I figured there wouldn't be anything major going on in Springfield for a while, so yeah, I nuked my Springfield. I'd purchased all of the land and waterfront parcels, but not all of the water parcels, so I had plenty of room to work with. Being the organized person I am, I plotted my setup in an Excel spreadsheet. On paper, it looks pretty good, I must admit.

I have a gated community with Burns Manor, Fat Tony's and Wolfcastle's places; "planned communities" with same color houses and matching landscaping; a fun area with the arcade, skating rink and the Krustyland shuttle; a "run down" section with the Muntz place and Cletus' farm; a section for all of the holiday stuff that just doesn't match anything. I've even added a little bit of 3-D stuff, but it's not as easy as it looks. For some reason my effect always went down instead of up. Oh well.

On my spreadsheet I have everything lined up just so, but in real life it doesn't always work that way. Where I had a road butted up next to a house on my map, in the game I couldn't do it. So, I've had to make a few tweaks along the way, but all in all it's been fun. And, having a map makes getting things back on the screen go much faster. I work on it for an hour or two per day and I've got almost my whole Springfield back up and running.

So, sure, go ahead and do it. All you loose is some earning time and since it's just a game, no biggie. It's fun to rearrange and try new things.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Nope, that's gone forever. (And any that's in town remains out, because it isn't storable.)

I've saved a bunch of the rubbish, and have it all moved to one end of my town (grungy forest area). If i nuke the town, does that rubbish get strewn all over town, or does each piece stay exactly where I have it?
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

I've saved a bunch of the rubbish, and have it all moved to one end of my town (grungy forest area). If i nuke the town, does that rubbish get strewn all over town, or does each piece stay exactly where I have it?
    All my crap in Krustyland stayed right where it was. I had most of it strewn around the tooth chipper, so that ended up in the same place.
  • tutorbrooke
    20 posts
    edited July 2014
    I just recently started reappropriating things in my Springfield after I expanded and bought up all the land. Burns manor, I'm especially proud of, and want to expand on the other mansions as well. But I don't think I could nuke it because I put so much time into building it. Call me sentimental. KL is so much smaller, it's doable.
  • g0lem000
    13 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you all. I appreciate the comments and the suggestions. Now to see if I have the [email protected] to actually do it (also knowing that my 8 year old, who has taken over the game from me, will probably shoot me. :)
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    g0lem000 wrote:
    Thank you all. I appreciate the comments and the suggestions. Now to see if I have the [email protected] to actually do it (also knowing that my 8 year old, who has taken over the game from me, will probably shoot me. :)

8? That is hysterical. Love it! I would think an 8 year old would love to push a nuke button. (Well, maybe not at 8 years old. TEN years old, for sure.)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    When they first released it, I thought I was mindlessly tapping out a line of fences until.... BOOM! No more Chinese Laundry. I found myself, that boom... Crying. Hard work gone.

Tap with caution, my friends.

Yes, I realize you've got to tap it several times, but that instance, I wasn't fully paying attention to what I was doing. Lesson learned.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.