EA Forums - Banner

No way to log in to Origin?

Yeah a lot of people are having the same problem, I know I am.

Hopefully it's fixed soon!

Replies

• jrwahlund
    5 posts
    edited October 2012
    I'm having this problem as well.
  • paulettehebe
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    I'm also having this issue. Very frustrated.
  • jakedavi
    8 posts
    edited October 2012
    I am having the exact same problem. I came to this form especially to find an answer. Its nice to see I'm not the only one experiencing this. I really hope EA can solve this. Really need to have a origin login logo for iPod. No idea where it's gone!
  • lizzielala
    9 posts
    edited October 2012
    I started having this problem as well. However now I can't even get past the Gracie Films/Fox/EA splash screen without it crashing.

edit: Never mind; I'm good.
  • brockmc
    4 posts
    edited October 2012
    Glad its not just me.. almost freaked out there
  • plasticroost
    146 posts
    edited October 2012
    Ok, my origin logo returned and I was able to log in to my original Springfield.
  • jrwahlund
    5 posts
    edited October 2012
    It's fixed for me as well. Whew. :)
  • Jonnydog351
    14 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    Not good tried to log into game and can only play anonymously :(

How do you log in to game if it doesn't give you the option ?
  • dee_s_2k
    4 posts
    edited October 2012
    I have that problem too!!! I thought it was just me. Fix now! It's frustrating. :/
  • suewyatt
    18 posts
    edited October 2012
    Was online all day, but now lost login button and back to anonymous. This was after I logged into ea forum online to find friends and post my name. And also after I invited several people to be friends.

What did any of you do to repair this? Do I just wait?
  • gmroughan
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    Log in button for Origin just disappeared off my game. Level 21 to level 1 in 5 minutes!! Deleted & Reinstalled the game to try & fix it & now it won't open. App keeps crashing. Constant problems with servers connecting too. Just want to get it sorted!! Anyone sort it or did it just come back on its own?? Worked fine this morning.
  • jperalta86
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    Im also having the same problem, and I have tried all of the same steps as everyone else, has anyone found the fix to this issue
  • kmonarq7
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    I get to the Gracie Films logo screen and then crashes. If this isn't fixed, please refund me the money I have spent on donut and cash upgrades. This is nonsense that you have had a week of outage issues and haven't been able to fix them.
  • dizzygal127
    2 posts
    edited October 2012
    I lost my Origin access on my iPod as well. First I was logged out and i was able to get relogged but lost all my friends. :(. I went to the Origin site and found their FAQs are almost a month old... not much help there. I was able to access my friends list at Origin at other EA games like Scrabble. So my best guess is that Simpsons is tapped off... again. Lets hope it gets fixed soon... sigh
  • tynk63
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    This happened to me too. I even deleted the game and reinstalled. It finally came back and allowed me to log in and play for a bit longer, but it appears that they are having issues again.
  • lennydonkey
    15 posts
    edited October 2012
    Aaaaugh!!! The game asked me to put in origin id and it acted like I was a new user. After a couple tries now it doesn't even give the option to sign in and starts from the tutorial. I have a level 18 town, help!
  • dee_s_2k
    4 posts
    edited October 2012
    I just left the game alone. It was frustrating me with not being able to login & then it not recognizing my ID and now it works. So I guess we just have to wait it out.
  • lilydalelah
    134 posts
    edited October 2012
    Same.

My post re the issue is in the Game Status area.

I got the tutorial too, after it said I was playing anonymously (which i ignored due to getting used to the often buggy Origin prompts about the "other device" I don't actually have). I only opened the game today, after being locked out yesterday, when Homer came up belting out the familiar jarring announcements (that i can never turn off) that my characters completed tasks. Thinking this meant we are back in business, game working again, I loaded it... I got the tutorial and quickly shut out... hoping that it didn't overwrite MY game since it said i was playing anonymously, not as lilydalelah.

So we shall see.

I have not dared to reload the game yet since that occurred.

I hope my specific game is saved on my device or their servers or somewhere.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.