EA Forums - Banner

Greetings from Nettangel. Sonny showed his, here's mine!

Replies

• mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    spiffshine wrote:
    mdfriend wrote:
    Guess I can join the real

*swooning*

Wow, thank you! Will post one from thanksgiving with me and the little man at the hospital for croup, little guy had to stay the night for observation, of course the day before we left so had to change the flight
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    spiffshine wrote:
    mdfriend wrote:
    Wow, thank you! Will post one from thanksgiving with me and the little man at the hospital for croup, little guy had to stay the night for observation, of course the day before we left so had to change the flight

Awww... poor little guy! I spend a quarter of my life in hotels and traveling has certainly gotten interesting now with my little one. Things can never just be simple, but they certainly are fun. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

m0ale.jpg

Yes I spent a good 40% of my life in hotels this year, things never are quite simple. Hope your Xmas was wonderful as well!
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    mdfriend wrote:
    spiffshine wrote:
    mdfriend wrote:

Awww... poor little guy! I spend a quarter of my life in hotels and traveling has certainly gotten interesting now with my little one. Things can never just be simple, but they certainly are fun. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

m0ale.jpg

Yes I spent a good 40% of my life in hotels this year, things never are quite simple. Hope your Xmas was wonderful as well!

What a beautiful boy, he is as handsome as his Daddy. :-)
    Sorry he was not well and hope he feels better soon.
    My son has been in and out of hospital since he was born, never easy to see the wee ones in there.
    Take care and all the best to you and your family.
  • lariatg
    94 posts
    edited December 2012
    GjARJ.gif

Here's me about a year ago enjoying a residential park, before being given a brief (albeit comprehensive) tour of a local police station...my favorite photo off myself...

rnvfLl.jpg

This is a three for one deal, cause that's me mum and stepda there to the right...
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Nice to see you lariatg and your mum and stepda.
    I used to do the same at the park with friends when we were teens, only we went out at night to play and swim in the lake. That photo on the swing reminds me of some fun summer nights! :-)
  • lariatg
    94 posts
    edited December 2012
    Indeed, had a lot of fun doing those same things on summer nights here, but I bet mine were a bit hotter...

Just judging by your rough latitude.
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited December 2012
    [Come on, we're never too old to do that on swings!! :D

or maybe I just don't want to grow up.
  • lariatg
    94 posts
    edited December 2012
    mellytan wrote:
    [Come on, we're never too old to do that on swings!!

Tell that to some South Texas municipal peace officers...I tried and they didn't really care!
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited December 2012
    lariatg wrote:

Tell that to some South Texas municipal peace officers...I tried and they didn't really care!

:? Bummer...I never had such problems where I live. Thank my lucky stars. ;)
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    lariatg wrote:
    Indeed, had a lot of fun doing those same things on summer nights here, but I bet mine were a bit hotter...

Just judging by your rough latitude.

There are other ways of making things hotter. :wink:
    Seeing your post below, I would agree that Texas can get mighty hot but we also have some scorchers up here in summer time.
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    mellytan wrote:
    lariatg wrote:

Same here Melly, we can do all the swinging we want in Canada. It is in our Constitution! :wink:
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited December 2012
    nettangel wrote:

Like how homer does it??

• lariatg
    94 posts
    edited December 2012
    It wasn't too bad this summer....I think 109 was the summer high here. But it's the extremes that are debilitating. The 24th at my mom's, it was 71; my kids played in the yard with the waterhose and ran around barefoot.

36 hours and 30 miles later, on my grandmother-in-law's porch we drank hot cocoa and watched the snow fall...it wasn't windy when it started but in an hour or so a wind came up and blew it down to 19.

All these temps are in Fahrenheit (I know those donut/doughnut **** would have a field day reading them as Celsius)...
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    mellytan wrote:
    nettangel wrote:

Like how homer does it??

Ha ha Melly that is funny but I still think rs876 had some better moves than Homer!
  • lariatg
    94 posts
    edited December 2012
    nettangel wrote:
    mellytan wrote:
    lariatg wrote:

Same here Melly, we can do all the swinging we want in Canada. It is in our Constitution! :wink:

They claimed I was accosted because I was doing dangerous things (backflips, double backflips, frontflips) out of the swing.

While they were hassling me about that one of them said I was being a bad influence on the kids around, influencing them towards dangerous things.

We all three did a 360 and there wasn't a person below at least 16 in visible sight. I called them on that, they took umbrage, I took it back, cuffage.

Luckily my lawyer got me back my bail and most of his cut.
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    lariatg wrote:
    It wasn't too bad this summer....I think 109 was the summer high here. But it's the extremes that are debilitating. The 24th at my mom's, it was 71; my kids played in the yard with the waterhose and ran around barefoot.

36 hours and 30 miles later, on my grandmother-in-law's porch we drank hot cocoa and watched the snow fall...it wasn't windy when it started but in an hour or so a wind came up and blew it down to 19.

All these temps are in Fahrenheit (I know those donut/doughnut **** would have a field day reading them as Celsius)...

Ah perfect temps for me are in the 70's and not more than 80, hate the heat but like it warm.
    A/C helps. Nice you had a mix of weather.
    Kids do love to play in the water. How old are they? My, you look so young.
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    lariatg wrote:
    nettangel wrote:
    mellytan wrote:
    lariatg wrote:

They claimed I was accosted because I was doing dangerous things (backflips, double backflips, frontflips) out of the swing.

While they were hassling me about that one of them said I was being a bad influence on the kids around, influencing them towards dangerous things.

We all three did a 360 and there wasn't a person below at least 16 in visible sight. I called them on that, they took umbrage, I took it back, cuffage.

Luckily my lawyer got me back my bail and most of his cut.

Should have said you were training for the Olympics and if they are truly patriotic they should go away and let you practice.
  • lariatg
    94 posts
    edited December 2012
    The household is current 7 strong; oldest daughter 9, mid-daughter 7, 2nd mid-daughter 5, son 3, youngest daughter 1.

All birthdays were within 2 months of each other; couldn't (and definitely didn't) have planned it better.
    nettangel wrote:
    A/C helps. Nice you had a mix of weather.

Ha! In Texas, we pride ourselves on this sort of variable weather. We say, "If you don't like the weather, wait."

The record temp variance in a day in one place is 75 degrees in Clarendon (69 daytime high, late afternoon into the next morning, low of -6), and two days after, that we set our all-time low temp record at -23 in Seminole.
  • lariatg
    94 posts
    edited December 2012
    nettangel wrote:
    Should have said you were training for the Olympics and if they are truly patriotic they should go away and let you practice.

They don't care about patriotism. I didn't in this instance, but I have told a cop before that dissent was the highest form of patriotism.

In response he called me an idiot, and I told him I was quoting Thomas Jefferson. That exchange didn't end in cuffs, but it was pretty satisfying.
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited December 2012
    Okay, I have to do a little conversion for the weather (I'm no Fahrenheit ****, just not used to it.) and mine is always always always be in the 80s.

And I'm with spiff on this, priceless story. :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.