EA Forums - Banner

My hedge Maze tapped out at 7,499 pieces

Prev1
WOW! That has got to be the BEST maze ever in the history of TSTO! Excellent

Replies

• jukan00
    2319 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Fun video/project! I'd like to see a zoomed out picture of the thing in it's entirety!
  • davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Nice video & maze :D
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Wow, that maze had to take a lot of time! It looks great. And I'd like to see you post the whole thing so we can see it all together. (As usual, Origin does not find you in the friends screen or I'd just add you.) Thanks for sharing and amazing work! 8)
  • casperibz86
    162 posts
    edited August 2014
    Ha amazing! And I love the video...although i'm nervous now, I only have 800 decorations to go before the limit!
  • tkprae
    248 posts
    edited August 2014
    WOW! That is insane! Incredible job. I gotta compliment the video, too. That was fun and enjoyable to watch. The beginning made me smile.

Question. When you said you counted to make sure it was 7499 and not 7500, did you count from the previous limit?? A lot of work! Kudos!
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    That's... amazing. Very impressive.
  • edited August 2014
    Hated video editing at first. Starting to have fun now I'm learning how stuff works!

Thought I lost the original map I put together for the video. Started turning green for a second. Found it on a USB drive which I don't ever remember using. So I edited the full map from the video and removed the arrows. No fun leaving them in :)

The original image was slightly too large for the web at 21,484x11,459 pixels. So I resized to a slightly more manageable 1920x1024. Some things didn't line up absolutely perfectly in the huge image, but are barely noticeable in the video and non-existent in the small image:

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-yOEr0ufqvwY/U-AdIEExdeI/AAAAAAAAAXM/h8jrpWB6O8Y/w1358-h724-no/TO_maze_complete_1920x1024.png

As for the build limit, I almost blew my brains out with that one too. I did count from the last warning message, however I ran in to confusion when placing the last piece. When the warning said 'You currently have 7,350 buildings' I wasn't sure if that included the one I placed as the message popped up. Was it 'you have reached the limit' or 'you have exceeded the limit by 1'.

Basically, it's impossible to tell without counting and the maze was... not going to happen. No way am I counting that jumbled mess. So I jumped on another account. Doesn't really warrant a video so I made another image...

http://****.googleusercontent.com/-0AFsCOhrXXQ/U-Arou8CCcI/AAAAAAAAAXc/ebqcvWaYCYI/w1138-h799-no/TO_limit_1920x1348.png

The hedge rows are 50x50, each. 50*50=2,500. There are 3 blocks of hedges. 3*2,500=7,500.

But the bottom right of the bottom hedge row is missing 2 hedge pieces. 7,500-2=7,498. The only other object in the world is the Simpson house, so 7,498+1=7,499.

AI characters don't count towards the limit, so 7,499 is the build limit and I really need a drink. When you go to place the 7,500th piece there's a warning that you've reached the build limit. I'd assume that 7,500 is supposed to be the limit but the message comes up before the piece is placed so you can't ever drop it. I'm not going to complain though, 1 piece wouldn't make a difference to my bloody maze :wink:

The game definitely slows down when an obscene number of objects are onscreen at the same time. It does on all my devices anyway, so the build limit makes sense after a fashion. Everything seems stable, just really hard to navigate. If anyone feels the need to count in person, send an invite to: [email protected]
  • Jblue8298
    7994 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    200.gif
  • steviebwell
    163 posts
    edited August 2014
    Very nice
  • barryriddl474
    4816 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    ydumo.gif
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Nice! What did you use to edit the video? :-\
  • edited August 2014
    Adobe Premiere CS2 or CS6, depending on where I was at the time. No additional plug-ins or scripts, just a lot of Photoshop.
  • brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited August 2014
    Absolutely amazing, great job. :D
  • da_caveman
    169 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Absolutely a-maze-ing.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited August 2014
    Awesome.gif

Amazing maze!!!! :thumbup: Great video as well :D

bravo.gif
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • jmcwaffles
    59 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I really enjoyed that video fantastic job!!
  • suetopia
    4228 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Ok. I just saw this today and I LOVE the video! The music was perfect! Thanks for the awesomeness! That is one heck of a maze!
  • OrdinarilyBob
    305 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    That's really ah-MAZE-ing.

:lol:

What song/music are you using in the video?
  • audiomixdon
    349 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Looks like a circuit board!!
  • 420blue47
    25 posts
    edited October 2014
    Absolutely amazing
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!