EA Forums - Banner

Shouldn't there always be something to do?

Replies

  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited August 2014
    It's funny how people accuse EA of being greedy, and yet we can go weeks without ANYTHING. Just think on that next time youu misconstrue a product needing to make money as greed.
  • kenalbon89
    365 posts
    edited August 2014
    Well I haven't checked but if this thread is among the top topics at the moment it would appear no Thursday update is here, yet. Is gambling illegal on this forum? Because if not we could keep ourselves entertained between updates by putting money on the dates we think they are going to roll out :roll:

    I'm sure the people at EA are doing the same, except their bids are on how much desperate anticipation we can show before the date they know the actual update will land :twisted:
  • Annathewicked
    4727 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Won't someone PLEASE
    THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?!
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • jmcwaffles
    59 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I personally like the down time a bit. The Stonecutter's event pretty much tied me to the game for the duration, and while it was something to do, it became something I HAD to do, and a bit much. Not meant as a complaint, but if we are going to have one extreme, why not the other for a time.

    Another great reason for the downtime is that while the event was going on, I pretty much had to suspend my progress on leveling up a feeder town. Not an issue for me, however, it did illuminate the situation that NON-level 43 platyers might experience during events: the pressure to proceed with the events' tasks rather than the tasks that will progress the game.

    So I say enjoy the break, do some remodeling, and save up for whatever is next...

    +1
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited August 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I'm rather bored now only signing in to collect and assign 24 hour tasks.

    I was thinking about putting all characters on 24hr tasks but i just have a feeling as soon as i do an update will land and they will all be busy :evil:

    Maybe i should put them on the tasks to help everyone get an update :lol:

    One can only hope :lol:
  • kimmie24
    148 posts
    edited August 2014
    Down time helps novice players level up and save some money. For max level players I suggest Family Guy. It helps me in between down time. Right now its comic con theme. I'm maxed out on simpsons. I have about 19 mil in the bank. There isn't an incentive to obtain 100 mil. I log every two to three days to check for new Simpson content.
  • 1nbxfan
    183 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    That's why I don't understand all the people that race thru every update. Not sure what the point of that is, I can understand if it were limited time event but, even then by racing thru you are just going back to no point in playing kind of thing.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I have always felt that EA is really off on their timing, and could improve the game by having a well thought out content plan. For example - don't release a level update during an event, and never release a friend prize during an event. Events give you a reason to tap neighbors, so friend prizes should give you a reason to tap in between events. By overlapping events and level ups, it forces us to wait longer periods in between.
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't want any down time. There should always be something fresh going on in the game even if it is minor. IMO this game is boring if there isn't anything new to do.

    Things like mini quests grouping current characters with like tasks together to earn some small piece of deco. Those could then be pieced together with deco from other groups to build a minor item. And FP prizes every other week that are mostly just small unique deco items would go a long way in keeping my interest up.


    My feeling exactly, I don't need time to do my town, it's done. When new content is added, then I rearrange things in my town to fit, because I've run out of room. FP prizes, even a small update like the episode tie ins would be welcome. Each week should have something new to offer. I don't need more money, I'm happy with the amount I have, so I haven't logged in almost a week and a half now. Nothing motivates me to want to play right about now. I liked the KL update, we need a Squidport update. And I think they missed the boat by not having some such of summer update, they could have added some more kids, the Pool truck, one of my faves the Ice cream truck with the sundae on top. With the Seasons Final Episode was so full of stuff, I thought for sure we would see this summer. When you've played this game for a long time, Downtime = Boring. Oh well, not like I'm not use to waiting for an update.
  • dhlennon
    133 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Won't someone PLEASE
    THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?!
    +1 :thumbup:
  • dhlennon
    133 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    cdepast wrote:
    I have always felt that EA is really off on their timing, and could improve the game by having a well thought out content plan. For example - don't release a level update during an event, and never release a friend prize during an event. Events give you a reason to tap neighbors, so friend prizes should give you a reason to tap in between events. By overlapping events and level ups, it forces us to wait longer periods in between.

    Another Tapper with wise words! Hear ye EA!
  • Roccaine
    457 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't mind the down time, summer had just started after their last event so I wouldn't have played much anyway. I do think there should be a new update by now, I was expecting one this week but it looks like its probably going to be next week.

    I do appreciate the Krustyland update, but it ended way too soon. They could try to release FP prices more often.
  • dhlennon
    133 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    It's funny how people accuse EA of being greedy, and yet we can go weeks without ANYTHING. Just think on that next time youu misconstrue a product needing to make money as greed.

    I assume you're being tongue-in-cheek - I don't think that perception has been mentioned here. This is just a request for 'things to do' as one would expect from any game that aspires to hold your interestl
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited August 2014
    Igcognita wrote:
    I don't want any down time. There should always be something fresh going on in the game even if it is minor. IMO this game is boring if there isn't anything new to do.

    Things like mini quests grouping current characters with like tasks together to earn some small piece of deco. Those could then be pieced together with deco from other groups to build a minor item. And FP prizes every other week that are mostly just small unique deco items would go a long way in keeping my interest up.


    My feeling exactly, I don't need time to do my town, it's done. When new content is added, then I rearrange things in my town to fit, because I've run out of room. FP prizes, even a small update like the episode tie ins would be welcome. Each week should have something new to offer. I don't need more money, I'm happy with the amount I have, so I haven't logged in almost a week and a half now. Nothing motivates me to want to play right about now. I liked the KL update, we need a Squidport update. And I think they missed the boat by not having some such of summer update, they could have added some more kids, the Pool truck, one of my faves the Ice cream truck with the sundae on top. With the Seasons Final Episode was so full of stuff, I thought for sure we would see this summer. When you've played this game for a long time, Downtime = Boring. Oh well, not like I'm not use to waiting for an update.

    That's why the random tasks show up. Keep going until you reach the end :)

    Not everyone is in the same position as everyone else. Not everyone has infinite amounts of time either. Redesign if you need something to do (or want something to do). I like the downtime since then I can actually play other games and not be tied down. Or when I'm up for it, I do some designing.
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Oopsie!!!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    Igcognita wrote:
    I don't want any down time. There should always be something fresh going on in the game even if it is minor. IMO this game is boring if there isn't anything new to do.

    Things like mini quests grouping current characters with like tasks together to earn some small piece of deco. Those could then be pieced together with deco from other groups to build a minor item. And FP prizes every other week that are mostly just small unique deco items would go a long way in keeping my interest up.


    My feeling exactly, I don't need time to do my town, it's done. When new content is added, then I rearrange things in my town to fit, because I've run out of room. FP prizes, even a small update like the episode tie ins would be welcome. Each week should have something new to offer. I don't need more money, I'm happy with the amount I have, so I haven't logged in almost a week and a half now. Nothing motivates me to want to play right about now. I liked the KL update, we need a Squidport update. And I think they missed the boat by not having some such of summer update, they could have added some more kids, the Pool truck, one of my faves the Ice cream truck with the sundae on top. With the Seasons Final Episode was so full of stuff, I thought for sure we would see this summer. When you've played this game for a long time, Downtime = Boring. Oh well, not like I'm not use to waiting for an update.

    That's why the random tasks show up. Keep going until you reach the end :)

    Not everyone is in the same position as everyone else. Not everyone has infinite amounts of time either. Redesign if you need something to do (or want something to do). I like the downtime since then I can actually play other games and not be tied down. Or when I'm up for it, I do some designing.


    Yes but the game should offer something for the long time players as well as the new, notice I said small updates like episode tie ins or FP item, neither of these would interfere that much with a newer players game play and would be nice for the older players. I usually, outside of major events, don't spent more than ten minutes a couple times a day playing this game, and even during most events, no more than fifteen. I must be doing something wrong because this game takes up very little time during my day. I wish it did take up more time, sometimes I look at my game and think there's just isn't anything o do. In the almost 2 years I've been playing this game, outside of the Whacking day event last year, I have never felt tied down to this game. I always feel like I'm missing something when people complain about how much time and effort this game takes. I haven't experienced that aspect of the game, except once.

    Older players have had a lot of downtime to deal with, after all this time playing, something small each week between events, should just a part of the game by now.
  • Samaranth01
    2184 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I'm rather bored now only signing in to collect and assign 24 hour tasks.

    I was thinking about putting all characters on 24hr tasks but i just have a feeling as soon as i do an update will land and they will all be busy :evil:

    Maybe i should put them on the tasks to help everyone get an update :lol:

    I started doing that yesterday :thumbup:

    I'm also recouping from buying the Sit N Rotate so I probably won't have enough to buy the building I'll need to start the new update, so I think we're covered. Update should be coming any time now. :mrgreen::lol:
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited August 2014
    Igcognita wrote:
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    Igcognita wrote:
    I don't want any down time. There should always be something fresh going on in the game even if it is minor. IMO this game is boring if there isn't anything new to do.

    Things like mini quests grouping current characters with like tasks together to earn some small piece of deco. Those could then be pieced together with deco from other groups to build a minor item. And FP prizes every other week that are mostly just small unique deco items would go a long way in keeping my interest up.


    My feeling exactly, I don't need time to do my town, it's done. When new content is added, then I rearrange things in my town to fit, because I've run out of room. FP prizes, even a small update like the episode tie ins would be welcome. Each week should have something new to offer. I don't need more money, I'm happy with the amount I have, so I haven't logged in almost a week and a half now. Nothing motivates me to want to play right about now. I liked the KL update, we need a Squidport update. And I think they missed the boat by not having some such of summer update, they could have added some more kids, the Pool truck, one of my faves the Ice cream truck with the sundae on top. With the Seasons Final Episode was so full of stuff, I thought for sure we would see this summer. When you've played this game for a long time, Downtime = Boring. Oh well, not like I'm not use to waiting for an update.

    That's why the random tasks show up. Keep going until you reach the end :)

    Not everyone is in the same position as everyone else. Not everyone has infinite amounts of time either. Redesign if you need something to do (or want something to do). I like the downtime since then I can actually play other games and not be tied down. Or when I'm up for it, I do some designing.


    Yes but the game should offer something for the long time players as well as the new, notice I said small updates like episode tie ins or FP item, neither of these would interfere that much with a newer players game play and would be nice for the older players. I usually, outside of major events, don't spent more than ten minutes a couple times a day playing this game, and even during most events, no more than fifteen. I must be doing something wrong because this game takes up very little time during my day. I wish it did take up more time, sometimes I look at my game and think there's just isn't anything o do. In the almost 2 years I've been playing this game, outside of the Whacking day event last year, I have never felt tied down to this game. I always feel like I'm missing something when people complain about how much time and effort this game takes. I haven't experienced that aspect of the game, except once.

    Older players have had a lot of downtime to deal with, after all this time playing, something small each week between events, should just a part of the game by now.

    Ideally it would be, but again players have entirely different styles. Some players have few friends. Some only like 20 friends, others like about 50. Then there's the people that want all 100. New FP is hard to balance between all types of players. You can always add in the challenge by only visiting only Other Springfield for new FP awards. It would last incredibly longer. I'm saying is that the balance for those prizes is major one-sided. My brother only has like 5 friends and still working towards Cool Lisa I believe.

    I bolded a part of your text - this game is meant to be casual and minimal time spent. It's not intended for hours at a time daily. I feel tied down during major events. I log in whenever possible every 2-4-6-8 hour intervals when needed. I feel that ties me to the game so that I can complete the event in a timely matter. Level updates are laid back, I can let the hour task last all day if I want. I'd say that the Stonecutters one required lots of dedication. You had hourly random tasks or 2 hourly, 4, or 6. So it was tying players to the game to log in when those were completed. Whacking Day was just clearing set timers every 4 hours. You didn't have to play hourly, or 2 hours.
  • joniferous
    523 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    dhlennon wrote:
    cdepast wrote:
    I have always felt that EA is really off on their timing, and could improve the game by having a well thought out content plan. For example - don't release a level update during an event, and never release a friend prize during an event. Events give you a reason to tap neighbors, so friend prizes should give you a reason to tap in between events. By overlapping events and level ups, it forces us to wait longer periods in between.

    Another Tapper with wise words! Hear ye EA!

    I agree, they could space each thing out and there wouldn't be so many complaints. I assume the updates mid event are to sate ths ones who rushed it. But seems counter productive to me.
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    Igcognita wrote:
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    Igcognita wrote:
    I don't want any down time. There should always be something fresh going on in the game even if it is minor. IMO this game is boring if there isn't anything new to do.

    Things like mini quests grouping current characters with like tasks together to earn some small piece of deco. Those could then be pieced together with deco from other groups to build a minor item. And FP prizes every other week that are mostly just small unique deco items would go a long way in keeping my interest up.


    My feeling exactly, I don't need time to do my town, it's done. When new content is added, then I rearrange things in my town to fit, because I've run out of room. FP prizes, even a small update like the episode tie ins would be welcome. Each week should have something new to offer. I don't need more money, I'm happy with the amount I have, so I haven't logged in almost a week and a half now. Nothing motivates me to want to play right about now. I liked the KL update, we need a Squidport update. And I think they missed the boat by not having some such of summer update, they could have added some more kids, the Pool truck, one of my faves the Ice cream truck with the sundae on top. With the Seasons Final Episode was so full of stuff, I thought for sure we would see this summer. When you've played this game for a long time, Downtime = Boring. Oh well, not like I'm not use to waiting for an update.

    That's why the random tasks show up. Keep going until you reach the end :)

    Not everyone is in the same position as everyone else. Not everyone has infinite amounts of time either. Redesign if you need something to do (or want something to do). I like the downtime since then I can actually play other games and not be tied down. Or when I'm up for it, I do some designing.


    Yes but the game should offer something for the long time players as well as the new, notice I said small updates like episode tie ins or FP item, neither of these would interfere that much with a newer players game play and would be nice for the older players. I usually, outside of major events, don't spent more than ten minutes a couple times a day playing this game, and even during most events, no more than fifteen. I must be doing something wrong because this game takes up very little time during my day. I wish it did take up more time, sometimes I look at my game and think there's just isn't anything o do. In the almost 2 years I've been playing this game, outside of the Whacking day event last year, I have never felt tied down to this game. I always feel like I'm missing something when people complain about how much time and effort this game takes. I haven't experienced that aspect of the game, except once.

    Older players have had a lot of downtime to deal with, after all this time playing, something small each week between events, should just a part of the game by now.

    Ideally it would be, but again players have entirely different styles. Some players have few friends. Some only like 20 friends, others like about 50. Then there's the people that want all 100. New FP is hard to balance between all types of players. You can always add in the challenge by only visiting only Other Springfield for new FP awards. It would last incredibly longer. I'm saying is that the balance for those prizes is major one-sided. My brother only has like 5 friends and still working towards Cool Lisa I believe.

    I bolded a part of your text - this game is meant to be casual and minimal time spent. It's not intended for hours at a time daily. I feel tied down during major events. I log in whenever possible every 2-4-6-8 hour intervals when needed. I feel that ties me to the game so that I can complete the event in a timely matter. Level updates are laid back, I can let the hour task last all day if I want. I'd say that the Stonecutters one required lots of dedication. You had hourly random tasks or 2 hourly, 4, or 6. So it was tying players to the game to log in when those were completed. Whacking Day was just clearing set timers every 4 hours. You didn't have to play hourly, or 2 hours.


    I disagree with your assessment of the Whacking day event, collecting those snakes and dropping those eggs was no small task. But, all I will say is that I dedicated very little time, missed a lot of the scheduled tasks, usually only got 2 or 3 of the Number 1 tasks, skipped a few days and still was able to get every item during the Stone cutters event with time to spare. I don't understand why this game takes up so much of people's time. It's just IMHHO.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.