EA Forums - Banner

Premium items that were gifts in past quests

I don't believe that players should have to pay donuts simply because they weren't playing when an item was released. Perhaps there is such an importance on visiting friends, and seeing items you missed and would like to own.
For fairness and longevity of a new player, items should come through in game cash, unless they were premium before.
However, if they were event items in which people paid donuts to increase their chances to win a spin item, then these should be available for money for them only; donuts for others.
Just my thoughts.

Replies

• Nitemare-rexx
    541 posts
    edited August 2014
    not happening lol
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited August 2014
    EA exist to make profits I'm afraid.
  • starshipvi49
    1129 posts Member
    edited August 2014

They wouldn't be around if they didn't.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited August 2014

They wouldn't be around if they didn't.

Their right you know ;)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Rooneytoon
    162 posts
    edited August 2014
    I don't believe that players should have to pay donuts simply because they weren't playing when an item was released. Perhaps there is such an importance on visiting friends, and seeing items you missed and would like to own.
    For fairness and longevity of a new player, items should come through in game cash, unless they were premium before.
    However, if they were event items in which people paid donuts to increase their chances to win a spin item, then these should be available for money for them only; donuts for others.
    Just my thoughts.

Fairness means to give those items out for free against lousy in-game cash which players can earn very easily after older players ripped their butts off to earn these items during an event? I don't think so.. :roll:

Totally okay with the way it is (well, I am Day One player.. so I don't care either :P). The only thing I would agree is to sell them for special prices (a small amount of donuts). I don't know the prices for them since I have everything.. but I think they're a bit expensive as usual.
  • adammeadeisd
    596 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Can you imagine how many doughnuts you would need to get all the Stonecutter skins and items if they are ever released again? A small fortune!
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Can you imagine how many doughnuts you would need to get all the Stonecutter skins and items if they are ever released again? A small fortune!

I'd say a "Fortune" rather than a small fortune :lol:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Rooneytoon
    162 posts
    edited August 2014
    Well, this doesn't mean, that you have to pay for every single released thing.. I don't think you will have to spend donuts for the stone cutters costumes. Last years christmas event re-released the house decorations and some other stuff from christmas 2012 with the wheel of fortune..

I'm okay with that, as long "newbies" have to "work/collect" for those too and older players get enough of new stuff to work for..

I was talking about buildings/characters for which we had to tap our fingers bloody (for example the catching snake / egg thing during Whacking Day). Some of us even spent donuts for getting all the prizes. It would be nonsens to offer the Motel with Miss Springfield or Drederick Tatum after the event against in game cash!!
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited August 2014
    It only bugs me when free stuff is MASSIVELY over priced. Looking at you, EVERYTHING in the yard sale.
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    It only bugs me when free stuff is MASSIVELY over priced. Looking at you, EVERYTHING in the yard sale.
    I agree. Where I'm from, yard sales are deeply discounted items.
  • FeeJay1111
    235 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Agree about the prices in the yard sale. I didn't buy anything. I was hoping it was going to be a proper "sale" with bargains. Not just old items offered at premium prices.

Why don't they have a few more bargain sales - like the one that sold Maud with a building a while back. That only lasted a day or so but it was nice to get Maud as I wasn't playing when she was first available.

They could drop in sales unannounced for a day or a few hours, maybe even make them dependant on completing a series of quests in a set time. I want more premium buildings but they really are very expensive. (I can see why kids end up running up huge bills on their parents' itunes accounts.)

I know that people who have been playing a long time will feel annoyed but a few offers wouldn't really hurt and they would encourage people to buy more premium items. Once you've got a few you want more :-)
  • kimmie24
    148 posts
    edited August 2014
    That won't happen. Just be glad that they released it for you. Original player never had the option for two skins, character and decorative piece for 300 donuts.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I think the price of Barney and Santa's Little Helper trumps most things in the yard sale.
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I think they do price the returning items a bit too high, but they should cost donuts, the only other option would be to make you collect the same amount of currency (coins, bags, candy, etc... ), during the next event as we did in the prior ones, but then that would interfere with what ever amount of new currency you would need for the new items.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.