EA Forums - Banner

The Second Time Around?!

I've wondered that too...not if they will take away our facades, but what will they come up with for next year? Maybe a new round of decorations, or even completely new tasks that don't involve housing decorations. Ones on the storefronts would be neat.

Replies

• battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    This time next year there will be a new ipad and new games.
    Is there anyone out there?
  • mrmil0
    113 posts
    edited December 2012
    I think this game might be around for a while. As long as they keep things fresh I plan to keep on playing.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    GAH!

Took me forever to find this thread, I think it needs a different subject line because it's a good topic.

I also am curious what they plan for the next major holidays. As long as they continue updating, I plan on keeping going. I probably won't be as obsessive due to real life but I will definitely continue to be a daily player (barrng issues with the game or no more updates).

My son made me buy him all the Treehouse of Horrors on iTunes so I think there is still a ton of content available for Halloween. The one where they mocked Nightmare on Elm Street and made Willie into Freddie and the Lard Lad and all the advertisement coming to life and terrorizing the town come to mind. There is plenty of content.

I think Christmas may be a bit harder to make fresh and new.

I don't think they will remove what we already have but I have no idea how they would do Christmas different.
  • esenpi
    73 posts
    edited December 2012
    Mr plow. Send snowballs on neighbors. Yellow snow on neighbors :lol:. A theme involving a christmas calendar (each day something new). IceSkating. Snowstorm. Theres a lot of stuff to go around.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    i was thinking about Mr. Plow too. I think snowballs would be fun. Instead of vandalizing neighbors, we could snowball their houses, that's a great idea.

LOL I think somebody monitors our posts. Not because I think we are all that but because if enough of us complain about something, it seems to be corrected in the next update. Yeah....I know....I'm just dreaming but hey we know there is a shadow moderator so it could happen.
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    What about the people who don't start playing until next year will they not get to have Christmas lights next Christmas? It will be interesting to find out what they will do.
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    I bet they recycle some old with some new.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    zuzupj wrote:
    What about the people who don't start playing until next year will they not get to have Christmas lights next Christmas? It will be interesting to find out what they will do.

That's a really good point. I think must of us just look at it from the POV of those who have been playing the whole time.

I'm all for recycling of old things! I missed out on the Duff car and want it. They need to give us the chance to get it (even if we have to earn it or buy it).
  • Thecure668
    252 posts
    edited December 2012
    I keep thinking this. Kept seeing people complaining about not getting something for the christmas update, and saying ea have missed out on something. They haven't missed out on something, they've got something for next year.enough ideas on the forum to keep it going for a few more years. We're basically working for ea at the moment, giving them ideas. As for the decorated houses, I reckon there'll be some more buildings by that time. More to decorate, or possibly different decorations.
  • stuartcurran
    309 posts
    edited December 2012
    TBH I'm not sure the game will be that popular this time next year. Most games only have a limited lifespan before they're forgotten and everyone has moved on to the new best thing. I'm still enjoying it for now, but at max level it can be boring doing essentially nothing and there's only so many times you can redesign, not to mention it can be incredibly tedious.

Nonetheless there's still plenty they can do. I doubt they'd take away anything we've got so far. They introduced Kang on his own so they could easily introduce Kodos on her own next Halloween, and those of us who got Kang (not me, which I regret!) will have the pair. There could be an Ultrahouse 3000 facade for the simpsons house. A Rigelian (Kang and Kodos species) costume for Bart from when the parodied Avatar. As for taskless, npc characters/creatures they could give us Snake's toupee that makes Homer crazy in one of the Treehouse of Horror episodes. Other ideas include a Jack-in-the-box Homer, a donut-head Homer, Bart-fly, teleport machines, Bart's twin Hugo, a facade for Lard Lads.

Basically there is plenty they can add in without taking away anything from us. just like all the other limited time items, those who came late to the game just won't be able to get them.
  • GKpiggy
    148 posts
    edited December 2012
    Would be nice to see some incremental advantage. Like, if you have the Christmas decorations or Halloween graveyards from this year, next year they will produce more coins/zombies/whatever. Assuming we're all still playing that far from now :)
  • Zombies8MyDingo
    209 posts
    edited December 2012
    By next year I'm sure there will be new houses just to keep the game fresh, so probably new decorations. Bet the Happly Little Elves will be the new Funzos. Has there been any Easter Simpsons episodes? There's nothing that springs to mind that could be in that update.
  • Phinbart
    128 posts
    edited December 2012
    Easter update could include:

In the 'ocean' next to a line of land which currently isn't available, there could be an island (named 'Easter Island' in-game). There could be a new building with the update: Springfield Airport, which can fly a plane over your town to Easter Island and it could land there and go back to the airport.

Homer, Marge, Bart - 7d - Go on a Trip to Easter Island (although this would disrupt normal game progression)

There could be a quest involving the 7d Easter Island trip tasks and the airport and this could be the dialogue:

Homer: Everyone, look! Some mysterious island has appeared in the ocean!
    Bart: Cool! Let's go!
    Marge: But we can't. Springfield hasn't got an airport.
    Seymour: Attention all students! The school has raised enough money to go on its trip to Italy!
    Lisa: But we can't go! Like my mom said, Springfield hasn't got an airport. And the airport costs too much money! It would take about a month to raise the money for it!
    Seymour: We have to raise more money?! Guess the school is going to have to do without heating for the next month.

Then the player would receive the quest to built Springfield Airport. Once it's built:

Seymour: Perfect! Now we can go on the trip!
    Lisa: Principal Skinner, I'm afraid me and Bart can't come. We're going to the mysterious island.
    Seymour: Oh, well. I guess the most-brainest and least-brainest students won't be earning any extra credit this year.
    Lisa: I want extra credit!
    Homer: Fine, you can go. What about you, Bart?
    Bart: I don't need extra credit! I know that I'll have a crummy future but it'll get better when Lisa becomes President.

Then the player would receive "No Extra Credit For Him, But Extra Credit For Me!", which is the quest for Lisa, Seymour, Willie, Nelson, Milhouse, Ralph, Mrs. Krabappel, Martin and any other Springfield Elementary student in-game to "Go to Italy" for 7 days, and for the rest of the Simpson family, it will be the quest to "Go to the Mysterious Island" for 7 days.

When the family arrive on the island:
    Homer: This sign says "Easter Island".
    Marge: This can't be Easter Island! That's in South America, we're in North America! Or wherever this game is set.
    Bart: That doesn't matter! Oooh, I've just realized I can carve my face into one of the rocks!

Then the family would fade into the island. Once this quest is done, and about half of the game's characters return, it would be more Easter-themed quests and tasks including the Easter Hunt:

Bart, Lisa, Milhouse, (Ralph if he's introduced) - 24h - Go on an Easter Egg Hunt

They could go round town with their baskets looking in shrubs for eggs - And maybe at the end of the hunt, a notice could appear saying: "[whoever's done the task] collected [number of eggs] eggs for you!" (these eggs could go towards the currency)

New currency: Easter Eggs
    New costume for Bart: Easter Bunny Bart
    New object: Easter Eggs

Just some ideas...
  • Thecure668
    252 posts
    edited December 2012
    Phinbart wrote:
    Easter update could include:

In the 'ocean' next to a line of land which currently isn't available, there could be an island (named 'Easter Island' in-game). There could be a new building with the update: Springfield Airport, which can fly a plane over your town to Easter Island and it could land there and go back to the airport.

Homer, Marge, Bart - 7d - Go on a Trip to Easter Island (although this would disrupt normal game progression)

There could be a quest involving the 7d Easter Island trip tasks and the airport and this could be the dialogue:

Homer: Everyone, look! Some mysterious island has appeared in the ocean!
    Bart: Cool! Let's go!
    Marge: But we can't. Springfield hasn't got an airport.
    Seymour: Attention all students! The school has raised enough money to go on its trip to Italy!
    Lisa: But we can't go! Like my mom said, Springfield hasn't got an airport. And the airport costs too much money! It would take about a month to raise the money for it!
    Seymour: We have to raise more money?! Guess the school is going to have to do without heating for the next month.

Then the player would receive the quest to built Springfield Airport. Once it's built:

Seymour: Perfect! Now we can go on the trip!
    Lisa: Principal Skinner, I'm afraid me and Bart can't come. We're going to the mysterious island.
    Seymour: Oh, well. I guess the most-brainest and least-brainest students won't be earning any extra credit this year.
    Lisa: I want extra credit!
    Homer: Fine, you can go. What about you, Bart?
    Bart: I don't need extra credit! I know that I'll have a crummy future but it'll get better when Lisa becomes President.

Then the player would receive "No Extra Credit For Him, But Extra Credit For Me!", which is the quest for Lisa, Seymour, Willie, Nelson, Milhouse, Ralph, Mrs. Krabappel, Martin and any other Springfield Elementary student in-game to "Go to Italy" for 7 days, and for the rest of the Simpson family, it will be the quest to "Go to the Mysterious Island" for 7 days.

When the family arrive on the island:
    Homer: This sign says "Easter Island".
    Marge: This can't be Easter Island! That's in South America, we're in North America! Or wherever this game is set.
    Bart: That doesn't matter! Oooh, I've just realized I can carve my face into one of the rocks!

Then the family would fade into the island. Once this quest is done, and about half of the game's characters return, it would be more Easter-themed quests and tasks including the Easter Hunt:

Bart, Lisa, Milhouse, (Ralph if he's introduced) - 24h - Go on an Easter Egg Hunt

They could go round town with their baskets looking in shrubs for eggs - And maybe at the end of the hunt, a notice could appear saying: "[whoever's done the task] collected [number of eggs] eggs for you!" (these eggs could go towards the currency)

New currency: Easter Eggs
    New costume for Bart: Easter Bunny Bart
    New object: Easter Eggs

Just some ideas...
    You haven't thought about this much, have you.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!