Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    joniferous wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    4EGnIIhs.jpg

(This is a grain of salt.)

I got the reference, but where I'm from it's a pinch of salt. Strange how those things change in different areas!
    I believe that variation is more recent and slightly less common. (The phrase is believed to come from an ancient antidote to poison, which included a grain of salt. It evolved to "protecting" against poisonous words as well as poisonous wine. I presume the pinch of salt variation stemmed from needing a bigger "dose" as it were. Etymology is fun!)
    Glad most people found it amusing :)
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I have it on good authority that an App Store update is forthcoming this coming Thursday afternoon. My source is a retweet of a Facebook status update that included a screenshot of a Buzzfeed list of 32 cats who want to murder you - in the background of picture number 18 was a Simpsons page a day calendar with that day showing and the number circled in red ink. You're welcome!
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • jmcwaffles
    59 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    My brother tweeted EA last night to ask about the connection screen bug and handshake. Anyway we just checked now and EA have responded. See pic below.

They mention an app store update! Hopefully this means new content but beware it may only be fixes.

sT0aqYPl.jpg
    Thanks for posting this!!
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    HawleyBDB wrote:
    Major updates are usually Wednesdays aren't they?
    I may be wrong there?

Can't wait for a new update. I missed half of the Stonecutter event because I was away!

They can be Thursdays as well. So I wouldn't get hopes up for a Tuesday update, but it could be. Also, an expansion would mean an App Store update, too.
  • shafanator108
    359 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    teo47 wrote:
    I have it on good authority that an App Store update is forthcoming this coming Thursday afternoon. My source is a retweet of a Facebook status update that included a screenshot of a Buzzfeed list of 32 cats who want to murder you - in the background of picture number 18 was a Simpsons page a day calendar with that day showing and the number circled in red ink. You're welcome!

I'm so glad you found that. Thanks!
  • JcSnl
    274 posts
    edited August 2014
    Tweet is fake. Sure they could have deleted it, but they cannot delete retweets. So yeah, fake.
  • kenalbon89
    365 posts
    edited August 2014
    I hope for the sake of the OP's reputation that it is legit. Getting mine or anyone's hopes up, even if its just a little bit, is not cool... :?:
  • JcSnl
    274 posts
    edited August 2014
    I think it's payback for the flashing/loading avatar prank. :lol:
    Still, there is a good chance an update will hit, so it could all work out in the end.
  • alzo93
    51 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I've sent a tweet to the EA Support team just there asking the same question as the OP. I'll let you know what response I get (if any).
  • theredjacket
    526 posts
    edited August 2014
    My brother tweeted EA last night to ask about the connection screen bug and handshake. Anyway we just checked now and EA have responded. See pic below.

They mention an app store update! Hopefully this means new content but beware it may only be fixes.

sT0aqYPl.jpg
    My favorite part is that he tried to hide his identity to we couldn't find him on twitter to say *tisk tisk* for the lies he perpetrated but forgot to black out his name in the reply bar.
  • JcSnl
    274 posts
    edited August 2014
    I'm sure his or "his brother's" Twitterhandle is in the reply box. Something like @_nelay_ if I read it correctly.
    Edit: ah, @theredjacket noticed that too, did not read the post properly.
    It's probably just a random post by a random person that he has photoshopped.

I'm not bothered, it's just a prank. :)
    I'm not waiting for an update to be honest. Too busy with another event. I would prefer a new event to arrive when the one I'm currently in the midst of is done. But that's just me being egotistical... :lol:
  • henpot7514
    6011 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm going to ask this question here so I don't need to create ANOTHER new thread about a possible level update:

I neglected my KL then lvl 43 hit.
    If we get a level update this week do I need to complete 43's storyline before I can continue with lvl 44?

Thanks in advance!
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    henpot7514 wrote:
    I'm going to ask this question here so I don't need to create ANOTHER new thread about a possible level update:

If we get a level update this week do I need to complete 43's storyline before I can continue with lvl 44?

Thanks in advance!

Usually how it works is that as long as you've started the previous level, it's not a problem. In this case, I bet the threshold is "finish building the wheel."
  • henpot7514
    6011 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    jae_bazz wrote:
    henpot7514 wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Usually how it works is that as long as you've started the previous level, it's not a problem. In this case, I bet the threshold is "finish building the wheel."

Cheers Jae :)
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Everyone assumes that this will be a level update or an event- but I am not reading it that way. I read it was them being very specific to the question asked: they are going to do an update that fixes the problem with the handshakes and login connecitons.

I know we are expecting a regular level update and are anxious for an event, but nowhere in the reply does anything state or imply that an event or level update is coming- imaginations here are running wild, sometimes it is exactly what it is.
  • HappyGamer73
    2395 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    There's mention in another thread that they are promising an app store update soon to fix some things:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/10145530.page#33326620
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't want to screen cap it (mostly because I'm too lazy to black out the name of the person who asked the question :lol: ) but about 2 hours ago the EA Support account (@AskEASupport) actually posted that they don't have any information on when the next patch will come. Just FYI.
  • epitluck
    21 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Did one of the producers say that a event up date involving bananas is in september? sounds like a bug-fix update and hopefully just another level update later on. But we did get an update a few weeks back, Krustyland update still an update, and got character.
  • rotyr
    30 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    epitluck wrote:
    Did one of the producers say that a event up date involving bananas is in september? sounds like a bug-fix update and hopefully just another level update later on. But we did get an update a few weeks back, Krustyland update still an update, and got character.

I don't think the update actually involves bananas. Matt Selman wrote this:
    I am writing the most crazy bananas update for Simpsons: Tapped Out that you will ever see in the rest of your given days.

My interpretation is that he used the word bananas to emphasize how crazy the update will be. I don't think he meant that the update will actually contain crazy bananas.
  • LostCauze-NL
    315 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    rotyr wrote:
    epitluck wrote:

I don't think the update actually involves bananas. Matt Selman wrote this:
    I am writing the most crazy bananas update for Simpsons: Tapped Out that you will ever see in the rest of your given days.

My interpretation is that he used the word bananas to emphasize how crazy the update will be. I don't think he meant that the update will actually contain crazy bananas.

Indeed. By that logic we could emphasize on the word "crazy" and expect a update which transform the game into a sports rpg that'll involve a real-life fish being sent to your home.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!