It's Thursday where is this app update
    Or this is lies
  • bettyboojm
    49 posts
    edited August 2014
    ACE19711 wrote:
    It's Thursday where is this app update
    Or this is lies

I've given up hoping for an update this week. I might go outside and do some much needed gardening....
  • jclancy959
    503 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Fully expect to be dissapointed when there's no App Update. I hope I'm wrong, gosh I hope I'm wrong.
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    update this week: Gil back to school deal

• Deadshot_DCU
    6280 posts Moderator
    edited August 2014
    larsyuipo wrote:

Lame.gif
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    larsyuipo wrote:

Lame.gif
    so true... I hope we get to see something though.
  • Roccaine
    457 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Probably no update this week... what the hell are they doing in their office?? If they want to kill the game they're currenly a pretty good job :(
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited August 2014
    Roccaine wrote:
    Probably no update this week... what the hell are they doing in their office??

Well being it August maybe most of the devs are on holiday :P
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • jjnag1971
    211 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Roccaine wrote:
    Probably no update this week... what the hell are they doing in their office??

Well being it August maybe most of the devs are on holiday :P

Holiday??
    From what? They haven't done anything.

2d29dh4.gif6ghmdj.jpg
  • dhlennon
    133 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    It is possible we might be very pleased they 'appeared' to be taking time-out when in fact they were working super-hard on new stuff we shall enjoy soon.
  • vanettoonl726
    229 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Roccaine wrote:
    Probably no update this week... what the hell are they doing in their office?? If they want to kill the game they're currenly a pretty good job :(

This is true. Hate to say it, but EA might be slowly transitioning toward pulling the plug on this game. They may be moving programming resources to newer games and cutting back on the time and effort they're allocating to this game. But before they pull the plug, they want to have plenty of "sales" and "promotions" to rake in whatever cash they can get, sort of like a store's blowout "going out of business" sale. Of course, they wouldn't dare hint openly that they'd shut the game down because that would be a huge disincentive to people considering buying anything.

This is just my speculation, but it would help explain why the updates have been so sparse and uninteresting lately (especially compared to all the great stuff they put out last summer, as some people here have informed me).
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited August 2014
    Roccaine wrote:

This is true. Hate to say it, but EA might be slowly transitioning toward pulling the plug on this game. They may be moving programming resources to newer games and cutting back on the time and effort they're allocating to this game. But before they pull the plug, they want to have plenty of "sales" and "promotions" to rake in whatever cash they can get, sort of like a store's blowout "going out of business" sale. Of course, they wouldn't dare hint openly that they'd shut the game down because that would be a huge disincentive to people considering buying anything.

This is just my speculation, but it would help explain why the updates have been so sparse and uninteresting lately (especially compared to all the great stuff they put out last summer, as some people here have informed me).

Can we maybe stop the doom laden speculation? It's been three weeks since new content. That's nothing. There have been MONTHS when the game had no updates what so ever.
  • wsjm1984
    200 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Roccaine wrote:

Can we maybe stop the doom laden speculation? It's been three weeks since new content. That's nothing. There have been MONTHS when the game had no updates what so ever.

Apart from the time the game was out of the App Store, when have we ever gone months without anything at all being added to the game?
  • LuvsDrama2
    89 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    If is not a really big update at least let it be land expansion, I would appreciated much. :D
  • dhfjhvgjhvhjfg
    1067 posts
    edited August 2014
    Read somewhere homer has an unusable job to do with clash of castles. Are we expecting a game of thrones event?
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    wsjm1984 wrote:

Apart from the time the game was out of the App Store, when have we ever gone months without anything at all being added to the game?

when it first was released.
  • dtpavey
    52 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Hope there is an update soon. I just spent $100 on donuts an I am afraid it may be wasted money.
  • vanettoonl726
    229 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    wsjm1984 wrote:

Hey, I hope I'm wrong and more great new content is about to hit us. I don't know. I'm just looking for a plausible explanation for why things have slowed so much from EA versus what they were putting out a year ago. Of course there could be other good explanations too.
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    wsjm1984 wrote:

Hey, I hope I'm wrong and more great new content is about to hit us. I don't know. I'm just looking for a plausible explanation for why things have slowed so much from EA versus what they were putting out a year ago. Of course there could be other good explanations too.

I think saying things "have slowed so much" is a bit of hyperbole.
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    larsyuipo wrote:

Lame.gif

Agreed!!!!! Couldn't have said it better myself.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!