EA Forums - Banner

TSTO's Worst Run in Memory

12346Next

Replies

  • kingmob31838
    519 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Snakeyees wrote:
    lukeout007 wrote:
    I really can't believe people keep comparing the family guy game like it's even close to being on the same level of enjoyment.

    Lets break it down:

    Events: Even the current superhero event is going to ultimately be frustrating as hell. You have to collect the batteries or whatever but it takes a ridiculous amount of them to unlock anything worthwhile...just like during the egyptian event. How many people ended up getting King ****? I'd bet not many. Unless you're willing to drop some serious cash to get all of the buildings that drop these things as well then you won't be getting the majority of the prizes.

    At least TSTO made the stonecutters prizes perfectly attainable as long as you played regularly. It didn't make a difference whether you were premium or freemium. So all of the people talking about how greedy EA is and how family guy looks better....how? TinyCo sure as hell seem a lot more greedy to me (at least in this sense...I still believe both EA and TinyCo are businesses and give us a ton of entertainment for free and are therefore not greedy but simply trying to turn a profit).

    Characters: Sure they are releasing celebrities…now I can get Patrick Stewart and George Takei long before I ever get one of the main characters of the show because he requires 30 blueprints with a 12-20 hour timeframe PER BLUEPRINT to even unlock. At least with TSTO you just buy the character and you don’t have to do all this **** to unlock them. I don’t have an issue unlocking customers but the requirements to unlock characters are ridiculous.

    There also aren’t nearly as many characters in FGTQFS. Yes it’s frustrating that we don’t have Maggie, Sideshow Bob, Uter, Bleeding Gums Murphys, etc. etc. etc…but there are plenty of characters in FG that I would like to see as well long before Patrick Stewart and George Takei.

    Buildings: So beyond the fact that they look like crap (more on that in a moment)…there are a lot of **** buildings that don’t really seem to have a place in the show or game. Hell we have an amusment park that is barely bigger than Joe’s house! TSTO gives us an entire second area for an amusement park! Most of the buildings have insanely low payouts and it takes forever to generate a decent amount of money. I’m at level 40 with all of the characters unlocked except the most recently released ones and it takes me at least 3 days to get 25k and that’s with logging on at least 5-6 times per day to collect. At level 40 on TSTO I was averaging 100k per day without even having a house farm.

    Progress: The level up system on FG is awful. Absolutely pointless. There is no difference in game play above level 30 as I remember. You can level most characters up to 15 but beyond levels 10 or 11 it doesn’t nothing for them to level up. It’s an incomplete idea that in my opinion should be one of the main focuses on fixing. There’s no incentive to level up from 40-50. You don’t unlock any new tasks or characters or districts. It’s all pointless.

    Customization: No pavement, No rivers, we have an “island” that can’t be placed in the water all the way. The sizes of the majority of the buildings don’t conform very well to the grids so things always seem off. Has anyone actually seen a decent looking quahog yet? They all look like crap. I can’t even stand to look at my own and I’ve redesigned 3-4 times now. The only thing that keeps me redesigning is that I’m hoping to figure out way of making things look fairly acceptable. TSTO, while it may not give us the ability to add dirt or sand or any of the things we all complain about not having, at least it gives us the ability to do pavement and place things in the water and run rivers around wherever we want.

    The point is that family guy is a very promising game. It really is. I can see it eventually being just as fun. But there are so many flaws right now that comparing the two just because you’re **** that EA updated KL instead of SF is absolutely ludicrous.

    Well said

    This is all so true.

    The only reason people like THE OTHER GAME is it throws lots of new stuff at you. Your town just ends up looking like a junkpile. There's no incentive to build a nice town because everything looks out of place and ugly as f*.
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited August 2014
    Lol I just love how we have literally gotten Gil in our town twice in a row and people are hating on the OP for saying that content has been bad lately. Which is 100% true! To many people this is not really a free game and even if it is aren't we entitled to our opinions? The last update I liked was fourth of July but it lasted a longer then it should off... But the one thing I disagree on this topic is that Stonecutters was an amazing event :)
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Lol I just love how we have literally gotten Gil in our town twice in a row and people are hating on the OP for saying that content has been bad lately. Which is 100% true! To many people this is not really a free game and even if it is aren't we entitled to our opinions? The last update I liked was fourth of July but it lasted a longer then it should off... But the one thing I disagree on this topic is that Stonecutters was an amazing event :)

    In all fairness though this topic was made like a month ago as I remember. During the 4th of July event. Someone just dredged it up recently. It was basically made to complain that the 4th of July event wasn't good enough.
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited August 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:
    Lol I just love how we have literally gotten Gil in our town twice in a row and people are hating on the OP for saying that content has been bad lately. Which is 100% true! To many people this is not really a free game and even if it is aren't we entitled to our opinions? The last update I liked was fourth of July but it lasted a longer then it should off... But the one thing I disagree on this topic is that Stonecutters was an amazing event :)

    In all fairness though this topic was made like a month ago as I remember. During the 4th of July event. Someone just dredged it up recently. It was basically made to complain that the 4th of July event wasn't good enough.

    I think that may of been a different topic because he mentions level 43 and the yard sale. Unless he made a edit to the post.
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:
    Lol I just love how we have literally gotten Gil in our town twice in a row and people are hating on the OP for saying that content has been bad lately. Which is 100% true! To many people this is not really a free game and even if it is aren't we entitled to our opinions? The last update I liked was fourth of July but it lasted a longer then it should off... But the one thing I disagree on this topic is that Stonecutters was an amazing event :)

    In all fairness though this topic was made like a month ago as I remember. During the 4th of July event. Someone just dredged it up recently. It was basically made to complain that the 4th of July event wasn't good enough.

    I think that may of been a different topic because he mentions level 43 and the yard sale. Unless he made a edit to the post.

    Oh my bad I guess it's more recent than I thought. It was started July 23rd. Still not long after the 4th of July event.
  • jclancy959
    503 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't think its the worst run, there have been worse times. With that being said I bought Blue Haired Lawyer last night to keep occupied this weekend hopefully leading into some new content Tuesday.
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    DIrishB wrote:
    The Gil deals are ****, considering there's no new content to promote people to buy the donuts (sure, there's a randomized item included in the last one, or the current deal with the school stuff, but neither is really appealing to the long time premium players--the one who usually buy donuts--since they already have that stuff most likely).

    The Otto Gil deal is one of the best Gil deals I've seen, from a discount standpoint. It's a 140 donut value for 70 donuts. It would still be a great deal for just Otto. It's great for new players, which is smart on EA's part.

    I'm not saying it's not a good deal, I'm saying it's useless for most of the people who regularly spend money on the game, since they'll most likely already have Otto.

    None of it is new content, either. It's just more recycled stuff, which has become a habit with EA lately. And I honestly have no problem with them re-releasing old stuff, as long as there is one or two new items as well. That way there's something new for everybody, which benefits EA as well by opening up the potential customer base more for likely purchase of those new (in the case of long time premium players) and old (for newer players) items.

    Simple concept. Please, keep up.
    I can Photoshop you a chart if you'd like.

    I'd love it if you'd take the time to do that. I'm also loving that you're wasting energy replying to posts to argue as part of your sad little vendetta. It's adorable.
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    DIrishB wrote:
    I'm not saying it's not a good deal, I'm saying it's useless for most of the people who regularly spend money on the game, since they'll most likely already have Otto.

    Actually, you said it was "****." I don't see how being a good deal for newer players or players who have been hesitant to spend money on the game is "****." I'm not selfish enough to think that all updates should be geared towards long-term, spend-happy players. There's never been a shortage of things to buy in this game, and to complain about that now seems... well, "****."
    DIrishB wrote:
    None of it is new content, either. It's just more recycled stuff, which has become a habit with EA lately. And I honestly have no problem with them re-releasing old stuff, as long as there is one or two new items as well. That way there's something new for everybody, which benefits EA as well by opening up the potential customer base more for likely purchase of those new (in the case of long time premium players) and old (for newer players) items.

    Simple concept. Please, keep up.

    Not throwing a fit about something doesn't equal not comprehending something. Something I've learned as an adult.
    DIrishB wrote:
    I'd love it if you'd take the time to do that. I'm also loving that you're wasting energy replying to posts to argue as part of your sad little vendetta. It's adorable.

    You brought this on yourself.
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Actually, you said it was "****." I don't see how being a good deal for newer players or players who have been hesitant to spend money on the game is "****." I'm not selfish enough to think that all updates should be geared towards long-term, spend-happy players. There's never been a shortage of things to buy in this game, and to complain about that now seems... well, "****."

    Read it again:
    Me wrote:
    The Gil deals are ****, considering there's no new content to promote people to buy the donuts (sure, there's a randomized item included in the last one, or the current deal with the school stuff, but neither is really appealing to the long time premium players--the one who usually buy donuts--since they already have that stuff most likely).

    I'm sure there are plenty of players who may buy things occasionally and still have plenty to buy. There are also many players who tend to buy everything as it's released. No new content means missed opportunities in regards to these Gil sales. That's my point.

    They are ****, as they'd be far more effective if done just as new premium content is released. I know you understand, nod your head.

    And cut the crap with the "selfish" remarks. I've stated already I like seeing things re-released so newer players have a shot at them, I just think they should release one or two new items at the same time to appeal to everyone. That's what's called a smart business move.
    Not throwing a fit about something doesn't equal not comprehending something. Something I've learned as an adult.

    So now you're resorting to patently false exaggeration? Yes, very adult of you.

    Who's throwing a fit? Just because I think the Gil deals were short-sighted and largely pointless for a large portion of the regular spenders doesn't equal "hissy fit".
    You brought this on yourself.

    Yeah, your level of intimidation is legendary. Hence me continuing to call you on your ****. Keep living with that completely overblown ego, mate, it's doing you wonders, apparently.
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    DIrishB wrote:
    Who's throwing a fit? Just because I think the Gil deals were short-sighted and largely pointless for a large portion of the regular spenders doesn't equal "hissy fit".

    And ****. You specific called them ****. That kind of irritable name-calling, I tend to view as "throwing a fit." And I apologize if you were not actually throwing a fit. The tone read that way.
    DIrishB wrote:
    They are ****, as they'd be far more effective if done just as new premium content is released. I know you understand, nod your head.

    And cut the crap with the "selfish" remarks. I've stated already I like seeing things re-released so newer players have a shot at them, I just think they should release one or two new items at the same time to appeal to everyone. That's what's called a smart business move.

    Again, apologies if the intent is something other than a fit, because it's really reading like you're stomping your feet over there.
    DIrishB wrote:
    Yeah, your level of intimidation is legendary. Hence me continuing to call you on your ****. Keep living with that completely overblown ego, mate, it's doing you wonders, apparently.

    So now you're resorting to patently false exaggeration? Yes, very adult of you.
  • subii42
    2737 posts
    edited August 2014
    Calm down guys eh!!

  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    And ****. You specific called them ****. That kind of irritable name-calling, I tend to view as "throwing a fit." And I apologize if you were not actually throwing a fit. The tone read that way.

    Projection, perhaps? I certainly don't get that worked up over the game. I love it, and I'll certainly point out it's problems and champion it's successes, but I'm not getting emotionally worked up about it by any degree.

    It's not irritable name-calling when it's accurate. A horse is a horse. It's stupid to promote donut deals/sales with no new content recently released and no hints at new content coming anytime soon. The ideal time to have a donut sale is just when new content is being released. You do understand that, yes?
    Again, apologies if the intent is something other than a fit, because it's really reading like you're stomping your feet over there.

    Right. You keep playing your pigeon-holing game, mate. I'll keep laughing at your attempts to troll.
    So now you're resorting to patently false exaggeration? Yes, very adult of you.

    We both know there's nothing false about it. You didn't like it when I called you on your accusations of the Gil school deal pics being a Photoshop job, which they weren't, and PMed me to essentially threaten you'd be trolling my posts, which is exactly what you're doing. I can post the PM if you like. But no bother. I really do think it's funny. So keep at it, try your hardest, all that other crap. Just realize, in both the beginning and the end, it's pathetic, petty, and small-minded. You're proving yourself to be quite a sad fellow.
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Just to set the record straight on a few other points:
    There's never been a shortage of things to buy in this game, and to complain about that now seems... well, "****."

    In fact, for those of us who do regularly spend money on the game, that's exactly the case. So perhaps not so "****" in that regard.
    Not throwing a fit about something doesn't equal not comprehending something. Something I've learned as an adult.

    Yet you seem to be throwing quite the fit regarding me calling you on your Photoshop claims, and something I did only because your early responses in that thread were pretty *-ish. You were acting like a jerk. I believe jerks deserve to be called on their behavior, hence the response in that thread. You've apparently got a hair up your behind about it and resorted to this sad vendetta of trolling my posts. Do what you have to do to feel better about yourself, doesn't bother me. I will respond to prevent your attempts at twisting my words and call you out further for those lame attempts.
    You brought this on yourself.

    Were you imagining yourself delivering this line in John Wayne's or Chuck Norris' voice? I'm honestly wondering.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.