EA Forums - Banner

Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff: Discussion

Replies

• meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I only need 2 books and 3 video cameras to complete Stan Lee. I am at over 81,000 so I should have the factory today and George Takei in the next couple days.
  • urlaub694
    3608 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    the blue shirt nerds seem to appear in less quantities, they seem to drop rockets less frequently, and the bomb hits seem to produce less drops.

Yep - red shirt nerds are my favorite. They drop the most stuff to me. I got 8 soccer balls continuesly at once form those nerds. Also radios and batteries are really easy from red nerds.
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I only began playing a week ago since the crash issue only just has been resolved. Has anyone else got trouble to collect the records for Ron. Quagmire refuses to drop them even after five days of non stop assigning him to the four hour task.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2014
    the blue shirt nerds seem to appear in less quantities, they seem to drop rockets less frequently, and the bomb hits seem to produce less drops.

I've noticed this too, was quite a few before, now i think about six maximum, bomb drops from Blue Shirt Nerds are a lot less too. I've had to change strategy slightly, sending all characters that earn bombs to Goldman's Pharmacy and when i get the bombs, go after minion stewie. I've chosen to sacrifice the pesticides to attack the big stewie. Although the Blam drops are a lesser amount, if i can generate more bombs it will balance out slightly, take a bit longer but better choices because of the drops minion stewie occasionally gives (cameras). Let the timer run down on big mutant stewie and hope that i've got enough pesticides in reserve to get a half decent total of Blam

well, if any of that makes any sense to anyone :lol::lol:
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:
    I only began playing a week ago since the crash issue only just has been resolved. Has anyone else got trouble to collect the records for Ron. Quagmire refuses to drop them even after five days of non stop assigning him to the four hour task.

I wound up spending some clams to unlock him as the items i needed just woudln't drop (i think it was three old movies), had to do the same with Felicia. Wasn't too worried about using them as i'd collected them from the game progress anyway
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I just need 3 notebooks and 4 movie cameras and I will have unlocked everything up to date. Well I'm only at 58,000 but I'll have all characters, outfits, land
    It seems every time you get 10+ minions you get a movie camera
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I finally got 10 Stewies and got 10 clams and the Peter trophy. I also bought the Film Museum since I'm having trouble getting camera (and because I like the design)
  • Nitsujdark
    515 posts
    edited August 2014
    Giant Stewie needs to change up the color of pesticide it takes, I know it's been complained about before, but the same color 3 times in a row is ridiculous, twice should be the limit then change to another color.

That said I am over 58,000 blam and next prize is mine soon.

The minions only seem to gather a lot together only when I don't have bombs, when I have bombs they stay away from each other and then move really fast :lol: I need to get 10 in once shot but my best so far has been 7. When I needed the one before I got 12. grrr. I'm just going to collect bombs then just go on a blasting spree at end of day
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I've stopped the pesticide tasks too. I prefer to do the rocket tasks and have the chance to get item drops and clams from the bombs.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2014
    I've stopped the pesticide tasks too. I prefer to do the rocket tasks and have the chance to get item drops and clams from the bombs.

With the bombs it's just a matter of patience, tap, tap, tap, gather minion stewies in one spot, keep tapping them and counting as best as possible, quickly release the bomb, minimum i got is 5, maximum i've had is 12 minion stewies. One or two may get away, but sometimes as luck has it, another one or two minion stewies happen to walk right into the bombs path. Seems a better way to gather Blam than wasting time with giant stewie and trying to get pesticides that never drop.
  • mtorange
    111 posts
    edited August 2014
    I just finished Quagmire's Haiku task and got a popup saying that Nathan Fillion will be entering our Quahog on Friday (Thursday Night) and that a new Stewie form will come with it (it kinda looked like a devil Stewie, I didn't get too good of a look)! Hopefully TinyCo changed their mind about making Fillion premium like my original prediction was. Hopefully they'll also lower the price for Bryan Cranston, although I don't see that happening.
  • mtorange
    111 posts
    edited August 2014
    dave3490 wrote:

With the bombs it's just a matter of patience, tap, tap, tap, gather minion stewies in one spot, keep tapping them and counting as best as possible, quickly release the bomb, minimum i got is 5, maximum i've had is 12 minion stewies. One or two may get away, but sometimes as luck has it, another one or two minion stewies happen to walk right into the bombs path. Seems a better way to gather Blam than wasting time with giant stewie and trying to get pesticides that never drop.

This is why I bought Cranston. I sent him on his task that guarantees one of each pesticide, and just a few minutes ago I used all of my pesticides and got George Takei! Now I can take a break after I unlock Stan Lee and get this week's challenge done. Or at least until Thursday Night, when Fillion comes!
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2014
    mtorange wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:

This is why I bought Cranston. I sent him on his task that guarantees one of each pesticide, and just a few minutes ago I used all of my pesticides and got George Takei! Now I can take a break after I unlock Stan Lee and get this week's challenge done. Or at least until Thursday Night, when Fillion comes!

Had he cost something like 250 clams i'd have happily paid real money for clams and bought him, but at 500 clams and the other items that are waaaaaaay overpriced, plus, considering the fact i don't even know who Bryan Cranston is, i decided not to spend money on this game, or more accurately, this event (i took the same stance with TSTO under slightly different circumstances)

Also, Captain America 2 comes out on monday, and i want to get the 3D blu-ray release, followed two weeks later by Spiderman 2, so all my pennies are being hard saved for those :mrgreen:
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I forgot to say that I currently have over 72,000 blam. I only need 9 more cameras for Stan Lee which is really annoying so I got the cinema (plus I liked the design).

A few other things: I stupidly put Peter on a task in his Pirate costume after unlocking it. I now have the Civic District open and I foolishly released a bunch of bulls (after FINALLY clearing the pirates) and the Library is under construction. Poor Meg, however is still stuck doing seal tricks.
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I forgot to say that I currently have over 72,000 blam. I only need 9 more cameras for Stan Lee which is really annoying so I got the cinema (plus I liked the design).

A few other things: I stupidly put Peter on a task in his Pirate costume after unlocking it. I now have the Civic District open and I foolishly released a bunch of bulls (after FINALLY clearing the pirates) and the Library is under construction. Poor Meg, however is still stuck doing seal tricks.

Meg is the easiest to unlock. Poor Meg she doesn't need stuff. :lol:
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    mtorange wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:

Had he cost something like 250 clams i'd have happily paid real money for clams and bought him, but at 500 clams and the other items that are waaaaaaay overpriced, plus, considering the fact i don't even know who Bryan Cranston is, i decided not to spend money on this game, or more accurately, this event (i took the same stance with TSTO under slightly different circumstances)

Also, Captain America 2 comes out on monday, and i want to get the 3D blu-ray release, followed two weeks later by Spiderman 2, so all my pennies are being hard saved for those :mrgreen:

You may have to catch Breaking Bad someday and find out who Bryan Cranston is (one of his expressions and task in the game is related to the show). One of the best cable TV series that just ended after 5 seasons last year here in the US.
  • subii42
    2737 posts
    edited August 2014
    Most stewies ive hit :)

jikbv9l.png
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    ok, minion Stewies seem to have dried up. I've bombed a ton today and received no drops at all.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    mtorange wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:

I have Cranston too and that is why I have found pesticides the easiest way to get blam. It seems like bombs is a better way for individuals that didn't buy him.
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Getting Blam by way of bombs is nowhere near as effective as the pesticides. Sure, collecting them is a pain in the neck, but it's worth it in the long run. I always put Brayan Cranston Captain Hammered Ron Perlman, and Felicia Day on their pesticide tasks.

I also try to collect a few bombs on occasion but mainly from nerds Lois, and Bonnie.